Best product for Beautiful Rollersets?

I will try this next time...thanks, Anky. KLomax, your curls are perfect. My hair has responded well to Fermodyl 619 Fantasia IC and Proclaims Olive Serums.

I've tried FIC twice on my rollersets, and it make my ends frizzy...:blush: I had to wash it again the next day cause no style would look right like this. It came out beautifully next wash w/o the FIC. I only use FIC when flat-ironing.

In the meantime I use Alter Ego Rebalancing Cream for my rollersets with plenty of water. My hair be sopping wet too.

I make each section with cold water from my "hair cup" that I put the AERC in, and dip the comb in, detangle and comb through. Then rollerset.

I've tried FIC twice on my rollersets, and it make my ends frizzy...:blush: I had to wash it again the next day cause no style would look right like this. It came out beautifully next wash w/o the FIC. I only use FIC when flat-ironing.

In the meantime I use Alter Ego Rebalancing Cream for my rollersets with plenty of water. My hair be sopping wet too.

I make each section with cold water from my "hair cup" that I put the AERC in, and dip the comb in, detangle and comb through. Then rollerset.

Thanks for the tip! By the way, i LOVE looking at your little girl's hair. It makes me smile.

I JUST discovered my Holy Grail product for rollersetting. Everyone always talked about how great it is and I always overlooked. Well I've wasted so much time and money on other products but this one is readily available and cheap too. I used it Friday and had the most bouncy, curly, shiny rollerset with so much hold, I got lots of compliments and everyone taught I got my hair professionally done. That amazing product is LOTTABODY SETTING LOTION professional formula, the concentrated kind that you have to dilute. That stuff is like pure GOLD I tell Ya!

I JUST discovered my Holy Grail product for rollersetting. Everyone always talked about how great it is and I always overlooked. Well I've wasted so much time and money on other products but this one is readily available and cheap too. I used it Friday and had the most bouncy, curly, shiny rollerset with so much hold, I got lots of compliments and everyone taught I got my hair professionally done. That amazing product is LOTTABODY SETTING LOTION professional formula, the concentrated kind that you have to dilute. That stuff is like pure GOLD I tell Ya!
I'm glad you found a product that works wonders for you. I just thew mine in the trash a couple days ago. It makes my hair dry and crispy, even if I use a little bit.

Ok...i just bought the organix shampoo/conditioner and i really like it. i went to 3 stores and couldn't find the serum. I know i can order online, but i wish i could find it locally. Where do u buy it? thanks!

I found the serum at Target.

Lottabody Creamwrap. It has the texture(and color) of vanilla pudding. It gives a nice hold and faster drying time than the purple Lottabody liquid.

Silicon Mix Leave in, Lacio Lacio Leave-in, Any Creamy leave-in conditioner works for me. I also recommend using wet combs, wet rollers, sopping wet hair.

Yep. I read that in another thread months ago, and it was the best rollersetting tip. It makes a difference and cuts down on breakage tremendously. :yep:

For me, it's using minimal products. When I rollerset with just the chi silk infusion and water I have soft, shiny, bouncy hair.

Thank you for all of the great ideas!

A friend of mine gave me a bottle of Ojon Revitalizing Mist. I never would have tried it because I didn't like the smell of the shampoo/conditioner (but this is not as strong). I just washed my hair and squirted a few squirts on half my hair...and ya'll my hair combed thru like it was BUTTA!!! :yawn:

I'm under the dryer now, but WOW, it is HANDS DOWN the best detangler i've EVER used. And i've used a LOT of products.

When i sprayed in on the other half of my hair that was already drying, it still combed RIGHT THRU....effortlessly. I'm in shock!

Thank you for all of the great ideas!

A friend of mine gave me a bottle of Ojon Revitalizing Mist. I never would have tried it because I didn't like the smell of the shampoo/conditioner (but this is not as strong). I just washed my hair and squirted a few squirts on half my hair...and ya'll my hair combed thru like it was BUTTA!!! :yawn:

I'm under the dryer now, but WOW, it is HANDS DOWN the best detangler i've EVER used. And i've used a LOT of products.

When i sprayed in on the other half of my hair that was already drying, it still combed RIGHT THRU....effortlessly. I'm in shock!

Wow, that's great Madison.

Does it have protein in it? Can I get a sample? Does it smell good? How much does it cost? Yes, I'm curious :lachen:

TIA

Wow, that's great Madison.

Does it have protein in it? Can I get a sample? Does it smell good? How much does it cost? Yes, I'm curious :lachen:

TIA

Yes. It does have protein. I don't know if you can get samples or how much it costs. I got it as a gift, but i know Sephora sells it and then usually give samples. I don't really like the smell, but it faded a lot by the time my hair dried.

Ok, thanks.

Update: I tried the Chi today, and my hair came out soft. I am still suffering from my protein overload, so I can't say my hair is buttery soft, it is softer than it was last week. My new growth is softer than it's been and I am 6-weeks post; usually I be ready to go to the salon. I am trying to go 8 weeks. I like the Chi. Some parts feel a bit silky. Let's see how long it lasts.

i would have to say the best is dime sized amounts of Nexxus humectress with jojoba oil:grin:, and DILUTED diluted lottabody on every section before i apply roller, for shine I spray ORS sheen spray before going under the dryer... second best is dime sized amount of HE LTR with a sealant/serum... the other stuff i.e. LACIO LACIO, serum leaves my hair weighted down and limp:nono:

make sure the hair is very clean and use a good conditioner.
make sure all product is washed out from the hair (even the slightest trace of condish can and will weigh the hair down- preventing a bouncy set)
dilute lottabody setting lotion, about half a cup of lotion to 1 1/2 cups of water.
spray - do not drench!- hair with this solution.
if hair becomes dry, spritz with water only!
hth!

make sure your hair is SOPPING WET with water. I keep a spray bottle with water and make sure my hair is literally dripping, then I comb it with a rat tail and smooth it over with my finger to make sure my hair is really smooth.

Whatever product you use, even if you airdry, your hair will come out WAY better by doing what I outlined above.

Back