Best product for Beautiful Rollersets?

MadisonK

Hi Everyone,

What is the one best product you use to achieve shiny, soft rollersets? I have found mine usually come out a little too dry looking or too greasy.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Or silk amino acids in distilled water w/ some type of light moisturizing creme (cantu or silk elements). I've also used Chi silk infusion with great results. I'm natural and my sets turn out well with these.

Thanks, Ladies. I've used Lacio Lacio, Chi Silk, and Amino Acids. My set still doesn't have that swingy shine. Maybe i need to use more of the product. Hmmm..

Please keep the ideas coming!

i repeatedly hear that giovanni direct helps your hair get swangy in the process of rollersetting. unfortunately i don't have any so i am using a spray bottle of detangler and the chi silk infusion.

i repeatedly hear that giovanni direct helps your hair get swangy in the process of rollersetting. unfortunately i don't have any so i am using a spray bottle of detangler and the chi silk infusion.

thanks. I did try the giovanni. For some reason it did nothing for my hair. I know a lot of women have great results though. Oh well.

organix coconut milk serum

Ok...i just bought the organix shampoo/conditioner and i really like it. i went to 3 stores and couldn't find the serum. I know i can order online, but i wish i could find it locally. Where do u buy it? thanks!

I ponytail roller set(4 ponytails) this week and let my hair airdry overnight. It has alot of bounce....my hair doesn't feel as bouncy or moisturized when I use a hairdryer. I used He LTR leave in...it took way to long to dry..LTR was too thick...next time I will water it down....maybe 50//50... I'm 3c natural.
5-21-08A.jpg

I ponytail roller set(4 ponytails) this week and let my hair airdry overnight. It has alot of bounce....my hair doesn't feel as bouncy or moisturized when I use a hairdryer. I used He LTR leave in...it took way to long to dry..LTR was too thick...next time I will water it down....maybe 50//50... I'm 3c natural.
5-21-08A.jpg

Beautiful! :yep:

Silicon Mix Leave in, Lacio Lacio Leave-in, Any Creamy leave-in conditioner works for me. I also recommend using wet combs, wet rollers, sopping wet hair.

Thanks, Ladies. I've used Lacio Lacio, Chi Silk, and Amino Acids. My set still doesn't have that swingy shine. Maybe i need to use more of the product. Hmmm..

:nono:, Definitely less product is the key for a great rollerset.

I've used creamy leave-ins and a serum while rollersetting and never had light and bouncy hair. One day I used a light spray leave-in (Green Grape Mist from shescentit) with a serum and my hair was (no lie) swingin like a white girls! My hair had NEVER been like that before! Don't you know I was twistin my neck every chance I got?! :lol:

I also wanted to add that you should use as little product as possible when rollersetting. I part my hair in two sections (from ear to ear) and spray the leave-in on each section, then apply a dime size amount on each section. Also, if you want shine, add some oil to your water bottle :yep:

Last edited:
5-21-08A.jpg

Hi Klomax,

Your hais is BEAUTIFUL!! Wow, i would love to have my hair look like yours. I just started letting my hair air dry part of the time to experiment w/the outcome. So, I dry it for about 30 min under my pibbs and then sleep in rollers. After seeing your hair, I'll try just air drying and see what happens. Thanks for the idea!

Silicon Mix Leave in, Lacio Lacio Leave-in, Any Creamy leave-in conditioner works for me. I also recommend using wet combs, wet rollers, sopping wet hair.

I will try this next time...thanks, Anky. KLomax, your curls are perfect. My hair has responded well to Fermodyl 619 Fantasia IC and Proclaims Olive Serums.

Thanks, Anky! My hair is usually not sopping wet...i'll try this next.

Actually I've found that when you use too much of a product it makes your hair greasy looking and weighed down. I only use Fermodyl 619 and water and my hair is swanging for days. :yep:

I've used creamy leave-ins and a serum while rollersetting and never had light and bouncy hair. One day I used a light spray leave-in (Green Grape Mist from shescentit) with a serum and my hair was (no lie) swingin like a white girls! My hair had NEVER been like that before! Don't you know I was twistin my neck every chance I got?! :lol:

I also wanted to add that you should use as little product as possible when rollersetting. I part my hair in two sections (from ear to ear) and spray the leave-in on each section, then apply a dime size amount on each section. Also, if you want shine, add some oil to your water bottle :yep:

Thanks, Tiffers! I've never heard of Green Grape Mist. Where did u buy this?

Actually I've found that when you use too much of a product it makes your hair greasy looking and weighed down. I only use Fermodyl 619 and water and my hair is swanging for days. :yep:

ok...of course I have some Fermodyl 619. I'll try this w/out adding anything else. I think my problem has been that I have SO many products I end up using 2 or 3 and it's too much.

Hi I use the Green Grape leave in as well it's very, very moisturizing, my hair can only stand a very small amount though. You have to order it from shescentit.com. But my favorite rollersetting product is Kera Care's Wrap Foam, has my hair super bouncy and it doesn't dry the hair out and it smells great!:lick::yep:

Hi I use the Green Grape leave in as well it's very, very moisturizing, my hair can only stand a very small amount though. You have to order it from shescentit.com. But my favorite rollersetting product is Kera Care's Wrap Foam, has my hair super bouncy and it doesn't dry the hair out and it smells great!:lick::yep:

Thanks, Silki Locks! You know what's funny...i'm writing down every product you guys mention that I don't have. I'll probably buy everyone of them...like I need to spend anymore money on hair products! But I feel like if I don't try everything, I will be missing out on something great!

I just gave a HUGE Victoria Secret bag of products to my neighbor. And she was lookin at me like I was crazy for having so much hair stuff. lol

What we do for hair!

ITA w/Anky, the key is sopping wet hair and utensils. I just put my comd and rollers in the sink and spray with my rollersetting water bottle (distilled water, GDL, Wheat Germ, Alfaparf Semi di Lino Crystalline drops). Great results every time.

ITA w/Anky, the key is sopping wet hair and utensils. I just put my comd and rollers in the sink and spray with my rollersetting water bottle (distilled water, GDL, Wheat Germ, Alfaparf Semi di Lino Crystalline drops). Great results every time.

Thanks, Eisani! I will try with sopping wet hair. By the way...your hair color is GORGEOUS!

Back