Best of Both Worlds *singing*

Hi ya ladies, i'm a 4b as well and had a texuriser for a year. Just like a normal relaxer it broke my hair. It was just a waste of time for me. I am trying to never put a relaxer on my hair again ... but i'm am always tempted. I just want a neat shoulder bob length. I've been natural for about 4 years, spent 2 years in plaits, year and half out, when I caused more damaged than good, and the last 6 months back in plaits. My hair is very delicate and I will have those little broken end bits everytime I put my hand to it. I'm suppose to have 'soft' hair..whatever that mean. I love my healthy head of hair, but sometimes I do envy you girls that can take a relaxer with any damage.

Thx Susanna

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
I think I'm just gonna have to be all the 4a/b people's ginea big and DO THE DAYUM THANG!

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the girl on American Idol have a texurizer? Also, JenniferMD and Ms. kenesha are my guinea pigs. I am now sporting braids for a minute while I decide on if I want to go natural.

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
Gosh, I feel like going natural
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I am considering going natural. Especially since Ms. K had the courage to cut off her beautiful locks.

A friend of mine has 4b hair and did her own texturizer. Now she has wavy hair, not curls, but it stil looks cute!

I am definitley thinking about getting a texturizer. I transitioned for a 1.5 years, and I have been completely natural for 1 year. It has been a long journey, but unfortunatley it is not one that I have been completley happy with.

My hair is currently a few inches (2 or 3) from bra-strap, but when worn natural it barely grazes my shoulders. The main reason for me growing out my hair was one because I had damaged it with color, two, my relaxers were always overlapped, and three my hair would not hold any style.

What kept me transitioning was that I really wanted to see my hair in its natural state. As a child I was texturized because my mom said that my hair was too thick and hard to manage, and that was with using CON. I remember how my hair looked then, and I would not mind going back.

Natural hair does have its advantages, but I think that I could have those same advantages with texturized hair. I promised myself that I would not do anything to my natural hair for 1 whole year. That year is up and I want a change. I believe that if I use all of the information that I have learned from LHCF that I could have HEALTHY RELAXED/TEXTURIZED HAIR, despite what others may think.

And if all else fails I can always transition again to natural, but it would much more easier since I know what to do with my hair.

Back