Best of Both Worlds *singing*

laugh.gif
My sentiments exactly MC

[ QUOTE ]
swayback23 said:
You don't want natural hair. Go ahead and "chemicalize" it. You'll be happier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice to see you back
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
swayback23 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

undecided.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
I think I'm just gonna have to be all the 4a/b people's ginea big and DO THE DAYUM THANG!

[/ QUOTE ]

You go girl because i am scurred lol
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
swayback23 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she was being facetious.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
kerplunky said:
[ QUOTE ]
swayback23 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she was being facetious.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah she does that often...just ignore it.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
Okay everyone thanks for listening and giving me the real "low down" on texturizers. I think my issue is this...shrinkage and length. I think that once my hair is longer I will be ever so happy with it. I am not a fan of shrinkage, just am not.
nono.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is my issue with it too. I'm just trying to be patient, cause the thing is, once you decide to texturize, if you don't like it, you'll have to start all over again. It's a big decision to make.

[ QUOTE ]
bettydavis said:
[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
Okay everyone thanks for listening and giving me the real "low down" on texturizers. I think my issue is this...shrinkage and length. I think that once my hair is longer I will be ever so happy with it. I am not a fan of shrinkage, just am not.
nono.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is my issue with it too. I'm just trying to be patient, cause the thing is, once you decide to texturize, if you don't like it, you'll have to start all over again. It's a big decision to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my debate too. But my hair is so much closer to my natural texture than I thought it would be. I had a real issue w/the "permanence" of it. But I don't think I could have lived w/o heat had I not done it.

I think once you retain more length you would find that getting a texturizer is not necessary. I was in the same boat as you, but my lovely mom told me to stick with being natural - you have pretty hair (4a). Now that my hair is longer (about 7 or 8 inches) and fuller (I love big hair
smile.gif
) I would not dream of changing it.

But to each her own. I would sugest to be paitent and wait a while, and if you do decide to texturize you would have a lot of hair.
smile.gif

shrinkage just comes with the territory of being a natural, your hair is beautiful....but i personally would not texturize

I agree with Lady J...My hair shrinks to above my shoulders while in its natural state but when straightened, my hair is 2" from bra strap. Shrinkage with my thick, beautiful, kinky hair is inevitable. But I love it! It is so versatile. I think you should give your natural hair a chance. I have seen it TOO may times...We think we can go natural and know EXACTLY what to do with our "new" hair after YEARS of having relaxed hair. We think we know exactly what it wants and needs after a just few months. I don't even think a year is long enough to become completely comfortable. We give our natural hair a few months to "get right" but we have given the "perm" decades. Why do we make that decision so fast? You look fabulous with your twa Ms K. but you have to think really hard about this. I am not anti-chemical but I do think that you should give your hair a little more time before making such a big decision. Ask yourself why you went natural, ask yourself if you want the commitment of the chemical, ask yourself if you are willing to start over if it doesn't turn out the way you want it, Ask yourself what look are you going for? These are just a few questions to consider. I will be 2 years natural in May of this year and my hair is in its healthiest state and I have grown with it at every length. It is a learning process. Give it a little more time.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
micarae said:
I agree with Lady J...My hair shrinks to above my shoulders while in its natural state but when straightened, my hair is 2" from bra strap. Shrinkage with my thick, beautiful, kinky hair is inevitable. But I love it! It is so versatile. I think you should give your natural hair a chance. I have seen it TOO may times...We think we can go natural and know EXACTLY what to do with our "new" hair after YEARS of having relaxed hair. We think we know exactly what it wants and needs after a just few months. I don't even think a year is long enough to become completely comfortable. We give our natural hair a few months to "get right" but we have given the "perm" decades. Why do we make that decision so fast? You look fabulous with your twa Ms K. but you have to think really hard about this. I am not anti-chemical but I do think that you should give your hair a little more time before making such a big decision. Ask yourself why you went natural, ask yourself if you want the commitment of the chemical, ask yourself if you are willing to start over if it doesn't turn out the way you want it, Ask yourself what look are you going for? These are just a few questions to consider. I will be 2 years natural in May of this year and my hair is in its healthiest state and I have grown with it at every length. It is a learning process. Give it a little more time.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Thanks for the advice...I don't plan on texturizing it. I really love my hair I just think I'm a little board with it. So I'm gonna get gel twists soon. My FI was saying this morning that he saw a girl yesterday whose hair was my length/natural/ and almost the same color, but she didn't have anything on me...he can be so sweet
kiss.gif

[ QUOTE ]
micarae said:
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonderful comments that bear repeating.

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
[ QUOTE ]
micarae said:
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonderful comments that bear repeating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree natural hair (Srinkage and all) is a beautiful thing we just have to learn how to work with and accept it. I am against all forms of relaxers/texturizers but of course if you want to put them in your beautiful fro thats your choice.
look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
micarae said:
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said Mica! I am going on four years natural and I admit I still get frustrated with my hair at times. I get anxious about it, I want it to grow quick, fast, and in a hurry. I get tired of maintaining it, etc. BUT - I haven't thought about texturizing it. It's never crossed my mind to do it and I don't expect it to. I also believe I have done what's best for ME .

What I have come to realize is that as you said, it may take awhile for me (and my natural hair) to "get right".

Ms. Kenesha (and anyone else) has to do what's ultimately best for them. I know I have.......

ALL OF YOU HAVE GIVEN ME INSPIRATION AS I'M ABOUT TO DO THE CHOP I WON'T SAY BIG BECAUSE MY HAIR IS NO WHERE NO WEAR NEAR WHERE YOUR WAS MS. K HOW EVER ALL OF EVERYONES THOUGHTS GIVES ME THE COURAGE TO JUST START FROM SCRATCH AND SEE HOW IT GOES AND WHEN I WEAKEN I'LL JUST REREAD THESE POSTS THANX AGAIN FOR THE INADVERTENT GOOD SHOVE JB

I agree micarae that was well said. I amcurrentlygoing through the getting to know my natural period still and I am 1.5 years natural.

Those Curve after pics are stunning! Does anyone do these texturizers in the Baltimore area? In light of the multitude of jacked-up heads I see here, I refuse to let anyone touch my hair let alone put chemicals in it!
shocked.gif

Ok, now I've seen ALL of the photos.
Girl, I know some of those afters are
shocked.gif

Why does everyone have the same hair-do?
lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Im sure Curve does hundreds of silkeners a month and of course as with all advertising they're only going to show the best looking ones on their website.

[/ QUOTE ] .

just wanted to say that i was texturized for 7 years and it wasnt worth it...eight minutes processed my hair too much...its ur decision....just take care of that hair no matter what!

Keep it growing yall!

I do have your hair type and I started out with a texturaizer. When I had one there was really no difference between that and a flat out perm b/c basically all it is is a mild relaxer. I just would not do it b/c of another persons hair because yours may look totally different. I would not do it.

ms_kenesha- Why do you say your looks a hot mess?

Back