Best Method to Deep Condition Before Braids?

TPayne75

I'm getting my hair braided this weekend. I know it's important to deep condition before I do this even though my hair's pretty healthy AND somewhat color treated. I don't know if I should do a hot oil treament, cholesterol, protein treat, maybe pre poo for a longer time or etc....Any suggestions? :brainy:

Do a medium protein treatment like Aphogee 2 Minute or Tigi Dumb Blonde. Follow that with a moisturizing dc like Aubrey Organics White Camellia or Freeman's Sea Kelp Moisturizing Conditioner

Can I get Aphogee and Aubrey Organics products at the supply store? Girl my last relaxer was 3 months ago! I'm loving the natural waves of my new growth but I feel like I can't manage my hair at all. :nono: I've used Dumb Blond before. (When I had blond highlights lol) :grin:

Do a medium protein treatment like Aphogee 2 Minute or Tigi Dumb Blonde. Follow that with a moisturizing dc like Aubrey Organics White Camellia or Freeman's Sea Kelp Moisturizing Conditioner

Aphogee can be purchased at Sally's and I think Walmart sells it as well. You can get Aubrey Organics from health stores like Whole Foods :)

How'd you like the Dumb Blonde?

I liked the shine I got from Dumb Blond when I used it. Seems like I had golden "flecks" in my hair when the sun hit it. :grin: Also it didn't dry out my hair. The last time I had blond my hair was SO dry! It felt like straw. :perplexed I like your new color. Do you have suggestions for bunned styles? I'm so tired of wearing this clip in my hair! :wallbash:

Aphogee can be purchased at Sally's and I think Walmart sells it as well. You can get Aubrey Organics from health stores like Whole Foods :)

How'd you like the Dumb Blonde?

Back