Best Leave In Moisturizer For Fine Haired Naturals?

*~*Afrolicious*~*

So right now I'm on the pursuit to find a good leave in that won't break the bank.

I use Aveda's Damage Ready Daily Repair, and that makes my hair feel great, but its too small for the amount I pay for. Any other fine naturals have any suggestions for an awesome leave in?

Last edited:
the best that ive found (and ive tried almost all of them out there lol) are:

curl junkie smoothing lotion. this is pricey but a little goes a long way since it has tons of slip and it comes in a 12oz bottle so you get more for your money compared to aveda.

oyin dew, this is a lotion and since it has no glycerin can be used all year around.

kinky curly knot today, i love this stuff lol. it doesnt have as much slip as the smoothing lotion but still a good amount. and there is no water in it but it keeps my hair soft for days.

giovanni direct leave in, very cheap and can be found on the ground. its moisturizing but for me the moisture only last 1 or 2 days.

and of course you have karens body beautiful hair nectar and super silky which i love but they are pricey at $16 for 6oz. but i do love them.

I have fine strands and I love Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream. It is great and lasts. I put an oil on top or their brand's Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm. For me, some of the other mentioned moisturizers were so light that I had to reapply more than I cared to. Specifically, Knot Today was a great detangler but not good for much else for me.

I have fine strands and I love Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream. It is great and lasts. I put an oil on top or their brand's Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm. For me, some of the other mentioned moisturizers were so light that I had to reapply more than I cared to. Specifically, Knot Today was a great detangler but not good for much else for me.

I've had similar results. My hair also does not respond well to the Shea Moisture haircare line nor does the Giovanni Leave in work 100% well on my hair. With the Giovanni leave in (I've tried it alone as well as mixed with oils that respond well with my hair) it does just an okay or slightly better than okay job with my hair.

Thanks for the suggestion ladies, please keep continue with you suggestions/product success stories!

My favorite cheap leave in as a broke college student is Sally's GVP Paul Mitchell The Conditioner Leave In. It is like $10 for a liter(33oz):) A little goes a long way and I only have to moisturize once or twice a week.

the best that ive found (and ive tried almost all of them out there lol) are:

curl junkie smoothing lotion. this is pricey but a little goes a long way since it has tons of slip and it comes in a 12oz bottle so you get more for your money compared to aveda.

oyin dew, this is a lotion and since it has no glycerin can be used all year around.

kinky curly knot today, i love this stuff lol. it doesnt have as much slip as the smoothing lotion but still a good amount. and there is no water in it but it keeps my hair soft for days.

giovanni direct leave in, very cheap and can be found on the ground. its moisturizing but for me the moisture only last 1 or 2 days.

and of course you have karens body beautiful hair nectar and super silky which i love but they are pricey at $16 for 6oz. but i do love them.

chebaby
Which one of these do you prefer?

@chebaby
Which one of these do you prefer?
i would have to say smoothing lotion. when i first started using dew i was in love. when the summer came it just didnt work for me anymore but in the winter it was love at first use lol.
but smoothing lotion is amazing. i use it as a co wash, detangler and leave in and its very moisturizing.

i would have to say smoothing lotion. when i first started using dew i was in love. when the summer came it just didnt work for me anymore but in the winter it was love at first use lol.
but smoothing lotion is amazing. i use it as a co wash, detangler and leave in and its very moisturizing.

Do they sell the Curl Junkie anywhere or is it strictly online?

My hair doesn't respond well to the cheapie creams, but you can get the good ones on sale and stock up. Try to hit up the product exchange or get samples so you can find out what to haul for the sales.

Shea moisture is a good reasonable priced line, but I prefer CJ rehab, and puranaturals whole line.

Interesting answers: people with the same hair type not being able to use the same product.
My signature has my hair type info. I can use almost anything but I like Kinky Curly Knot Today, Organic Root Stimulator Leave-In Conditioner, or NuGro Hair Gro Spary. I also made my own with 50% aloe vera and 50% glycerin.

I do not have fine hair, but I use CJ Smoothing lotion on my sister's hair (fine 3c/4a) and it is the Bomb.com hands down for both of us.

giovanni direct mixed with water and a little evoo works 8 on 1-10 for me
it by itself is waxy and only gets a 4
have you tried glycerin, water, and a light oil in a spray bottle?

Back