Cocoa Butter? Brand?
Jojoba Butter? Brand?
Shea Butter? Brand?
Other (please state type and brand)

I've only ever tried shea butter, I really like it
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
3844 said:
Is the shealoe butter available already combined, or do you have to mix this on your own?

[/ QUOTE ]

I buy it mixed from www.fromnaturewithlove.com ...It is so luxurious.it softens your skin and hair w/o that greasy feel.......

[ QUOTE ]
3844 said:
Sherry-- Thanx. Do you use this product when airdrying? If so, to what end?

[/ QUOTE ]
I do not air dry....I sometimes use it on my skin and the ends of my hair to keep them supple......

I'm partial to shea butter to. Actually, I swear by the unrefined shea butter. It works wonders on my ends.

For those who purchase from from nature with love, do you have to preheat the butters before applying them to your hair?

[ QUOTE ]
Bublnbrnsuga said:
For those who purchase from from nature with love, do you have to preheat the butters before applying them to your hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not.....

I really like the QP mango butter, it leaves my ends very shinny and moist in the morning, it also keeps my edges super straight and shinny. Awesome for braidouts! I haven't tried the other butters.

[ QUOTE ]
Bublnbrnsuga said:

[/ QUOTE ]

If I keep them at room tempreture...they are maliable. If I keep them in the fridge...I may heat it in the microwave for 20 seconds and then leave it out. I use it that much so I dont worry about it going bad.

[ QUOTE ]
3844 said:
Ballet Bun-- What brand Shea Butter do you use?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's from NASABB. It's really nice and i love the texture of it too.

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
I really like the QP mango butter, it leaves my ends very shinny and moist in the morning, it also keeps my edges super straight and shinny. Awesome for braidouts! I haven't tried the other butters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that! I love the EQP Butter!

[ QUOTE ]
Bublnbrnsuga said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it depends on which butter you get. I bought avocado and mango butter from them. The avocado butter is nice and creamy, but the mango butter had to be melted down and mixed with a carrier oil to be nice and soft.

To answer the question of the thread . . . I've sampled shea butter before and it was okay, but I would rank the butters that I've tried in this order:

<ul type="square">
[*]1. avocado butter
[*]2. shea butter
[*]3. mango butter
[/list]

[ QUOTE ]
deeplyrooted said:
[ QUOTE ]
Bublnbrnsuga said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it depends on which butter you get. I bought avocado and mango butter from them. The avocado butter is nice and creamy, but the mango butter had to be melted down and mixed with a carrier oil to be nice and soft.

To answer the question of the thread . . . I've sampled shea butter before and it was okay, but I would rank the butters that I've tried in this order:

<ul type="square">
[*]1. avocado butter
[*]2. shea butter
[*]3. mango butter
[/list]

[/ QUOTE ]

UMM I'm with her....uhhhh i mean i concur, yeah i agree!!

adding on there somewhere under or with the avacodo butter and shea butter...

1 Aloe butter

well this one is a oil but it comes somewhat solid too so it feels like a butter
2. Coconut oil cream
smile.gif

I've tried shea butter and Elasta QP Mango (currently awaiting an order for avocado and mango butter)
smile.gif
. I must say I do LOVE
kiss2.gif
the QP Mango. It gives me moisturized, soft, shiny hair.

[ QUOTE ]
ATLwavylocks said:
I've tried shea butter and Elasta QP Mango (currently awaiting an order for avocado and mango butter)
smile.gif
. I must say I do LOVE
kiss2.gif
the QP Mango. It gives me moisturized, soft, shiny hair.

[/ QUOTE ] Oh yes how could I ever forget the Elasta QP mango butter
smile.gif

I just bought some avocado butter and I love this stuff? How do most of you use it? all over? New growth? daily? wet or dry? How do you store it? will it be ok at room temp or should I put it in the fridge? Can it be mixed with a tiny amount of e.o such as ylang ylang or some other sweet smelling oil? Sorry for all the questions but I just used the butter after lightly spritzing my hair with water and put it under a scarf and now it's so soft and shiny!

Maybe I am the only one but I am not a friend of the Elasta QP. I like Carol's Healthy Hair Butter or SOme of Marguerite's Magic a lot better and they dont make my ends hard like the QP did

[ QUOTE ]
godzooki said:
I just bought some avocado butter and I love this stuff? How do most of you use it? all over? New growth? daily? wet or dry? How do you store it? will it be ok at room temp or should I put it in the fridge? Can it be mixed with a tiny amount of e.o such as ylang ylang or some other sweet smelling oil? Sorry for all the questions but I just used the butter after lightly spritzing my hair with water and put it under a scarf and now it's so soft and shiny!

[/ QUOTE ] you can use it any way you want to really
smile.gif
I dont put mine in the fridge though, i think if your going to be using it within a year , it should be fine

I'm absolutely hooked on the Avocado Butter from FNWL. It's great for blow-drying, pressing, moisture - it's very light - on natural hair at least.

Back