Best Gel ???

rissybaby

Now that it's getting nice out, I start going back to my summer styles: mainly cowashing, scrunching, and airdrying. I normally use Fantasia IC with sparkalites, but I find that it makes my relaxed hair harder than I'd like it to be. Any gels that don't leave hair crunchy and still eliminates the frizzies? TIA =)

Now that it's getting nice out, I start going back to my summer styles: mainly cowashing, scrunching, and airdrying. I normally use Fantasia IC with sparkalites, but I find that it makes my relaxed hair harder than I'd like it to be. Any gels that don't leave hair crunchy and still eliminates the frizzies? TIA =)

me tooo!!!!!!!

CREAME of Nature ...Chestnut molding gel.......No build up !!! or flakes and it conditions
and No alcohol!!!!...it is great stuff!!!...plus it smooths your hair out to give it a nice look!!!...even in the heat and the summer it keeps you hair just right!!!

I use Scurl "lite" jel.........it's very good and it doesn't harden like most gels do.

Fantasia IC gel in the green jar has a much softer hold than the clear jar. I think the same is true for the blue jar. I like Kinky Curly Curling Custard paired with Knot Today. Plus the knot today will on most occasions bring out the curls/waves you never thought you had. It is the perfect combo. This combo leaves my hair uber soft once it dries. I personally hated the curling custard alone though. Qhemet Biologics is good too. It has a soft hold but give lots of shine. I also like curl activator gels with my favorite being long aid. I more often reach for the Qhemet Gel because its not as greasy or sticky on the finger. Plus it doesn't make my scalp itch like activator gel.

Im not sure how well Oyin shine and define works for wash and goes but it does help with smoothing edges. You might also want to try a creamy type hold product like blended beauty frizz pudding or the kid's version. It works. May not seem like it or look like it would, but in the end it holds. I also hear that Cantu butter is good under fantasia gel or on its own. One last thing. Miss Jessie's curly pudding works best on looser textures. Since you are relaxed it may work for you. Someone is bound to have it to swap or sale for little to nothing.

That's all that I can think of right now. Maybe one I get some rest I could probably think of more.

Last edited:
i use fruit of the earth aloe vera gel and recently long aid curl activator gel both are very moisturizing and neither leave my hair hard.

I use pure Aloe Gel or FX Curls Up--it is a curl reactivator(non-chemical). I have IC as well but since you don't like it I didn't think I needed to mention it....I use that mixed with shea butter.

instead of aplying more evryday just add water to wake up the product and it will not be so hard because your not pilling it on

Great Advice..!!

maybe im using the wrong Fantasia, since the clear one seems to be the one with the strongest hold?

and i never thought about not rewashing the next day, but maybe just spritzing with water and rescrunching so i don't have to add more gel??

hmmm and ive never hear of knot today...where wud I find aloe vera gel !?

I have the ic gel in the green jar (olive oil)...it leaves my hair a little hard...but not as bad as the clear or pink ic gel...

OMG!!!!! I feel in love with american crew pomade... its holds oh so nice and defines my curls and paul mitchels tea tree pomade. they both are about $16 for an ity bity but soooooo worth it.. its like qp elasta glaze minue all the greasyness.. my hair loves it. ive been bunning and phony ponying and this lays my edges down like no other

I use Eco styler Gel... works great for scrunching styles. No flakes, and good hold without making the hair hard.

My new favorite gel is Eco-styler gel (strength 7 - be careful ladies - because there is DEFINITELY a range of stiffness with this gel) I added a picture of it below. I only use the black gel with the white top (thats typically #7 - good hold for a couple days, nice shine, but not overly stiff)... I use it on my edges, to slick them down and provide MAJOR shine to the dullest part of my natural hair...

105raMAR.png

I also wanted to suggest something that I used to use for my wash and gos - it isn't a gel, but rather a heavy conditioner/leave-in combo that worked for me like a CHARM!

I used Silicon Mix and Infusium 23 Repairologie leave-in. I would wash and deep condition my hair, then while it was still pretty wet/damp, I would add the silicon mix and scrunch it into the hair. Next, I would add pour the repairologie through my hair (while my head was hanging upside down in the shower), and scrunch it in on top of the silicon mix. Then I let it airdry (this is key for not getting any frizz)...

SILICMIX-TREAT-JAR-81.JPG
di-is23-06s.jpg

Here are two pictures of my hair with the products in them:

MeandJanelafterAppscopy-vi.jpg

DSCN1111cropped-vi.jpg

Hope this helps someone! Let me know how it goes! :grin:

You have been pushing this gel for a while now and I love your reviews on it. Everytime I go to the store I put it in my cart and then put it back before I get in line.... only because I'm not that far into my transition where I can really use it yet. I'm trying to work on my PJ'ism so it would just be sitting around for months probably. Currently I have aloe vera gel and use it on my edges. By the time I run out, I should have enough growth to start incorporating this gel.

You have been pushing this gel for a while now and I love your reviews on it. Everytime I go to the store I put it in my cart and then put it back before I get in line.... only because I'm not that far into my transition where I can really use it yet. I'm trying to work on my PJ'ism so it would just be sitting around for months probably. Currently I have aloe vera gel and use it on my edges. By the time I run out, I should have enough growth to start incorporating this gel.

lol yes girl I LOVE it.
I saw the bigger jar and dang near fainted.
Pick it up & go though the check out line with it! :yep:

Back