Best danduf shampoo?

aileenadq

I've had it with the flakes!:mad: What is the best dandruff shampoo / treatment for relaxed 3c hair?

I've used Nioxin, but it really dries my hair out. Any suggestions would really be appreciated. (As if I don't have enough things to be self-conscious about!)

Thanks everyone!

I have bad dandruff myself, and like you, I was fed up with it. I took a chance and bought Nizoral ( Wal-Mart) and I am so happy that it cleared up!! :grin: It can be very drying so I deep conditioned with moisturizing conditioners and moisturizers. It is quite strong so I used it for 3 weeks and washed my hair every 3 to 4 days. Now I use my regular shampoo since my scalp is healthy now. HTH

kbody4 said:
I have bad dandruff myself, and like you, I was fed up with it. I took a chance and bought Nizoral ( Wal-Mart) and I am so happy that it cleared up!! :grin: It can be very drying so I deep conditioned with moisturizing conditioners and moisturizers. It is quite strong so I used it for 3 weeks and washed my hair every 3 to 4 days. Now I use my regular shampoo since my scalp is healthy now. HTH

I agree about the Nizoral. The Kenra one is good too.

I hear the the Keracare for dry itchy scalp is good.

I use Selsun Blue and then follow with a moisturising poo and condish. I also use Scalpacin for the itchies between wash days.

I often find that my itches and flakes aren't as bad when I deep condition. (Scalp oils do nothing for me... just oily flakes)

HoneyDew said:

I hear good things about Keracare. I told myself that if Nizoral didn't work, then I was going to try the Dry and Itchy scalp shampoo. Where can I find Kenra products?

HoneyDew said:

Doesn't Keracare have a Dry and Itchy Scalp Shampoo & conditioner? I seem to remember Macherieamor saying she used it.

kbody4 said:

Is this the prescription or OTC Nizoral?

I have to echo the Nizoral OTC -- during the summer I usually get the itchies but not so many flakes. Nizoral has really helped and it doesn't have a strong odor to I can usually mask it with my conditioner.

My doctor (internist not dermatologist) recommended a coal tar shampoo and before I went to Nizoral I tried Denorex. It certainly helped, but the odor kinda threw me. Either one I think will do the trick.

HTH

I use head and shoulders 2 in 1 everytime I shampoo. It is so moisturizing. :yep: For serious dandruff, I would probably use Nizoral though.

Back