Best conditioning products for color-treated hair

kedra70

Hey Ladies -- next month, I'll be getting highlights. I already relax my hair and take very good care of it - I know that adding color to the mix could lead to damage. I was wondering if any of you could tell me some good conditioning products to add to the mix. Here are the conditioners I use as of right now (I do a lot of rotating based on the condition of my hair):

Elucence Moisture Balancing
Sunsilk Hydra TLC mask
Kenra Intensive Emollient
Biolage Ultra & Conditioning Balm
Aubrey's GPB

Thanks in advance!

From your list I use Aubrey GPB and I follow up with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner. On their website, Honeysuckle Rose is recommended for color treated hair.

You already use some good conditioners. I like the Keracare Moisturizing Conditioner for Color Treated Hair and Goldwell Definition and Highlights.

I think you already have a good supply of conditioners any of those would prevent breakage, do you deep condition once a week? That will help too. I have highlights and a relaxer and I think my success with no damage or breakage would be the fact that I stay away from heat. I use direct heat 1 every 8 weeks.

kedra70 said:
Hey Ladies -- next month, I'll be getting highlights. I already relax my hair and take very good care of it - I know that adding color to the mix could lead to damage. I was wondering if any of you could tell me some good conditioning products to add to the mix. Here are the conditioners I use as of right now (I do a lot of rotating based on the condition of my hair):

Elucence Moisture Balancing
Sunsilk Hydra TLC mask
Kenra Intensive Emollient
Biolage Ultra & Conditioning Balm
Aubrey's GPB

Thanks in advance!
Whatever products you use should be formulated for or safe for color-treated hair, otherwise your haircolor won't last as long, or will yield undesireable results over time, such as brassiness. The product label will be your guide.

Last edited:
I have highlights and plan on getting them redone within the next month. In the past, I have never used any special conditioners (to preserve the color) but will take Balisi's advice and do so this time around.

As far as making sure the hair stays healthy, I would definitely make sure you deep condition weekly and keep the hair moisturized daily so as to prevent breakage. A good moisturizer is key. Also, stay away from the heat. I never use direct heat except for when sitting under the hood dryer, but some ladies here that have color have still had success with heat so long as they use a heat protectant.

Thanks Blackbarbie, Balisi, Mika vs sasha, MissB and Ambitious1013 -- your answers were greatly appreciated.

I've just started back to deep conditioning once a week (I hadn't done it regularly for about a year). I work out about four to five times a week and my schedule is horrible -- I slacked off on the deep conditioning.

This is something that I'll stick with once I get my highlights.

Thanks!

Back