Best Coconut Oil Hands Down (PICS INSIDE)

Thanks so much, OP!

I am just curious....does anyone consider coconut oil to be a butter since it goes solid like shea butter does? Maybe that's why it is so moisturizing, because in actuality, it's a butter and not just an oil like olive oil is?? Not trying to start anything...just curious...

cj

Hmm thats a great question. This particular item is in solid form but once I use it in my bathroom near our heater it melt to liquid and then solidifies when I bring it out of the bathoom. Sounds like a similar butter process...Very interesting!

It has an odor!?!? What does it smell like? does it smell like coconut???? what are the ingredients? Please list for us.

it's not gross to eat it! that's what it's for. I use it to cook with all the time (a diff bottle than my hair one of course) and it's great!

I get mine from whole foods and pay more than $3 sadly, but if this brand is only coconut oil and no added scents or ingredients, etc. I'm totally down to buy it!!

Thanks for sharing and I cant wait to see what's in it.

That's funny, I have been to the Pathmark in Co-Op city in the bronx and have never seen coconut oil. I am going to recheck today because I have been buying it from Vitamin Shoppe.

It has an odor!?!? What does it smell like? does it smell like coconut???? what are the ingredients? Please list for us.

it's not gross to eat it! that's what it's for. I use it to cook with all the time (a diff bottle than my hair one of course) and it's great!

I get mine from whole foods and pay more than $3 sadly, but if this brand is only coconut oil and no added scents or ingredients, etc. I'm totally down to buy it!!

Thanks for sharing and I cant wait to see what's in it.

You know I have to be honest although I should be I have never really been too concerned with ingredient checking. I just left the Botanica to get another jar and I noticed that the only ingredients listed are coconut oil and fragrance, which really does not tell you much. It does have an odor, a light coconut smell like a real icy.

It also says: "This luxurious oil is made from the finest quality of coconuts available. It helps prevent and protect chafed, chapped, cracked or sun/windburned skin. Its waterproof quality allows swimming without further application. May also be used as a conditioning treatment for dry hair."

All that I can say is that it works for me and I will stick with it, until my hair gets tired of it. Sorry I don't have anymore info.

^^
Thanks for checking! I'm glad it's working well for you. Is this the first brand you've tried?
I'd suggest not eating any more of it though since you're going to continue using it on your hair. Lord knows what that 'fragrance' contains.

^^
Thanks for checking! I'm glad it's working well for you. Is this the first brand you've tried?
I'd suggest not eating any more of it though since you're going to continue using it on your hair. Lord knows what that 'fragrance' contains.

Yep, first time trying this. And I promise no more coconut oil tasting :lachen:

Back