Best Brand of Weave Hair

bluediamond0829

I was yesterday about to order 8 ozs of EP(extensions-plus.com) and when the lady calculated everything she was like that will be 515.00 i was like WHAT. I mean that is more than the hairdo would be. I like the hair and they way it looks and have heard great things about this type of hair. But thats alot of money. I'm not rich.

Anyway does anyone have any suggestions of good brands of weave(BSS or order)? I'm looking for some that wont tangle, not too silky and doesnt shed bad. I know all hair sheds. I am right now wearing Saga hair and i have to keep a brush or comb with me. Even before i cut it which is the length it was it still would tangle. I could just brush it thru and less than 5 minutes later its back tangled.

I don't wear weaves anymore thanks to the board but I am a former weave addict and the EP hair is worth it in the long run. It will last you a VERY long time. You can also try Wagman's http://www.wagmanprimus.com/ but I've only used their wavy hair. HTH

I've been eyeing EP and I promised myself that I wouldn't buy anymore hair until I bought EP... because it's supposed to match so well. From what I hear you will not need 8 oz of the relaxed texture... more like 6.

As far as relaxed textures go... look into these:
senghorishells.com
mymaneattractions.com

The only relaxed texture that i have tried is from allaboutmyhair.com and I wouldn't recommend it. The hair was extremely crimpy and it shed.

EP is definitely the way to go. I don't think you'll need 8 oz of it - more like 3 or 4 oz of the hair especially if you're just leaving the front of your hair out. I've heard that hisandher.com sells quality hair.

LOL I JUST wrote about this in another thread, lol. :lachen:

EP hair is GORGEOUS and looks sooooooooo natural and blends very well with relaxed texture hair, so it's worth the expense and remember that you can wear it for more than one install - you can wear it for several in fact. Another great brand of hair is Nature Girl, but again NOT cheap.

As someone mentioned the next alternative I'd suggest besides Sengori is WAGMAN PRIMUS! I've used their hair and LOOOOOOOOVE it! My stylist even uses it now on herself and all her clients because it's so great (she despises BSS hair now, lol). It's not too expensive ($120 for 8oz of 14 inch hair) and you likely wont even use all of it but order it JUST IN CASE (you can order by the 1/4 lb with them). I used the same batch of hair for 4 installs and it was perfect each time, no one ever knew my hair was a weave (used the french body wave texture, but their relaxed texture is GREAT, my stylist uses it). It never mats, tangles, or sheds - EVER! I have pics of the FBW install in my fotki. http://www.wagmanhair.com/ is the site, but I think you have to call to order and that number is 215 269 1600 or 1 800 229 5059.

thanks ladies....

i want EP so bad...just the thought of the price is eating me up but i may just go ahead and do it i probably wont regret it with all the great responses ive read about it.

i dont usually leave any hair out so thats another thing i was wondering is do i actually need the 8 ozs??? the sales lady was like to ask my stylist to see if i could get away with 6 ozs of it instead.

As far as BSS brands, try Sensationel. Just be sure to wash it w/ Ganier Fruitis and deep condition the hair too (w/ Garnier or Silicon Mix). That will truly make a differnce w/ any hair.

I'll have to tell my cousin about the Saga b/c she was contemplating by it before she purchased the Remy hair.

I would never pay that much for fake hair. :nono: If I do, that means I am taking fake hair WAY too seriously. LOL

I like Janet Collection Mink yaky. Okay price and it saves me in case I want to get the weave removed too soon, which is normally what I do! LOL

No just go with the 8 oz because you don't want to be sorry if you find you've run out of enough hair, lol. :nono::perplexed

EP is a good choice, again my second choice in the line would be Wagman, and if you go with that brand, trust YOU CANT GO WRONG! It's a lot cheaper than EP with the same kind of great quality.

As for BSS brands, I agree that Sensational is a good brand, make sure you choose the Goddess Remy hair. And my other FAVORITE BSS brand is Outre Velvet Remy. There's minimal shedding with this hair, it it looks like freshly relaxed pressed straight hair and has such a nice and amazing bounce to it when curled...

Girrrrrl this talk is making me want to throw a quick weave up in my head and roller set it, lol. :yep::spinning:

ETA: This hair isnt fake hair actually it's all lightly processed to unprocessed human hair depending on where you get it from. It doesnt mat and tangle and look like a birds nest after a few washes like regular BSS hair. Janet hair is nice, I've had that, but that stuff SHEDS LIKE A DYING CAT! I had hair on my floor for months from that, and the same as any other BSS hair. The thing is too that if you're going to spend $40 on two packs of hair, and you over time get more than one install in a year, calculate how much money you're spending since everytime you have to do your hair, you have to buy new packs of cheap hair.... It actually adds up to be about the same. For me the choice to move to quality hair had to do with how natural it looks (I HATE when I see black women with busted weaves that you KNOW is a weave because of the hair they use - in addition to bad installs), and also this is something I'm putting in my head, and if I'm going through hell and high water to make sure my natural hair is on point, then I'm not willing to put something that's been OVERLY PROCESSED and severely chemically treated in my hair even if it is extensions...

Last edited:
LOL I JUST wrote about this in another thread, lol. :lachen:

EP hair is GORGEOUS and looks sooooooooo natural and blends very well with relaxed texture hair, so it's worth the expense and remember that you can wear it for more than one install - you can wear it for several in fact. Another great brand of hair is Nature Girl, but again NOT cheap.

As someone mentioned the next alternative I'd suggest besides Sengori is WAGMAN PRIMUS! I've used their hair and LOOOOOOOOVE it! My stylist even uses it now on herself and all her clients because it's so great (she despises BSS hair now, lol). It's not too expensive ($120 for 8oz of 14 inch hair) and you likely wont even use all of it but order it JUST IN CASE (you can order by the 1/4 lb with them). I used the same batch of hair for 4 installs and it was perfect each time, no one ever knew my hair was a weave (used the french body wave texture, but their relaxed texture is GREAT, my stylist uses it). It never mats, tangles, or sheds - EVER! I have pics of the FBW install in my fotki. http://www.wagmanhair.com/ is the site, but I think you have to call to order and that number is 215 269 1600 or 1 800 229 5059.

Wagman had a price increase back in Sept/Oct and it's more like $200 for 8 oz. of 14". But that's still not too bad!

Oh wait sorry, was looking at the wrong section, I paid around $150 for 8oz, the catalog I have right here from last year has it listed as $77.50 per 4 oz. I still have unused batches around though for an emergency, lol.

Another site is also AllAboutMyHair.com they've got really great hair to choose from, I was in love with their curly hair! That was going to be my next order. Buuut I'm not weaving for now anymore... lol.

Last edited:
Wagman had a price increase back in Sept/Oct and it's more like $200 for 8 oz. of 14". But that's still not too bad!

No just go with the 8 oz because you don't want to be sorry if you find you've run out of enough hair, lol. :nono::perplexed

EP is a good choice, again my second choice in the line would be Wagman, and if you go with that brand, trust YOU CANT GO WRONG! It's a lot cheaper than EP with the same kind of great quality.

As for BSS brands, I agree that Sensational is a good brand, make sure you choose the Goddess Remy hair. And my other FAVORITE BSS brand is Outre Velvet Remy. There's minimal shedding with this hair, it it looks like freshly relaxed pressed straight hair and has such a nice and amazing bounce to it when curled...

Girrrrrl this talk is making me want to throw a quick weave up in my head and roller set it, lol. :yep::spinning:

ETA: This hair isnt fake hair actually it's all lightly processed to unprocessed human hair depending on where you get it from. It doesnt mat and tangle and look like a birds nest after a few washes like regular BSS hair. Janet hair is nice, I've had that, but that stuff SHEDS LIKE A DYING CAT! I had hair on my floor for months from that, and the same as any other BSS hair. The thing is too that if you're going to spend $40 on two packs of hair, and you over time get more than one install in a year, calculate how much money you're spending since everytime you have to do your hair, you have to buy new packs of cheap hair.... It actually adds up to be about the same. For me the choice to move to quality hair had to do with how natural it looks (I HATE when I see black women with busted weaves that you KNOW is a weave because of the hair they use - in addition to bad installs), and also this is something I'm putting in my head, and if I'm going through hell and high water to make sure my natural hair is on point, then I'm not willing to put something that's been OVERLY PROCESSED and severely chemically treated in my hair even if it is extensions...

that is so very true....i dont want it to look more fake so i think im going to just go ahead and get the EP(heck look at the other stuff i paid that much on and im going to pay it off and it can be reused.) And for that price i would make sure i reuse it.

Thanks ladies for you feedback and quick responses. I went on and just ordered from EP. I saw another lady from BHM with EP in and her hair was the BOMB for every install she had. I know i wont be disappointed. I should have it by tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
Back