BEST AVEDA PRODUCT FOR NAT/RELX??

Choclatcotton

I keep hearing good things about AVEDA products especially Anti-Humectant . WHich one do you use?? Because it can be pricey, even on Ebay. I heard its worth it?

I use all Aveda products; and the anti-humectant pomade does a great job of keeping my ends and edges straight on my pressed natural hair. Its pricey but worth it. I recommend it.

The Aveda products that I use are (since November 2006):

· Aveda Remedy Restructuring Shampoo
· Aveda Remedy Restructuring Conditioner
· Aveda Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment
· Aveda Hang Straight Straightening Lotion
· Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid

I'll soon be using:

· Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo
· Aveda Smooth Infusion Conditioner

Aveda DR is the last word on (non-protein) conditioners. The LAST WORD.
kaos_3.gif

I also like their Universal Styling Cream... even tho it smells like men's cologne to me.

pinkskates said:
I use all Aveda products; and the anti-humectant pomade does a great job of keeping my ends and edges straight on my pressed natural hair. Its pricey but worth it. I recommend it.

I had a guess that you would be in here lol, you is the reason I spent a lot of money on aveda products damn you pinkskates damn you lol, but its worth it so thankyou:)

Ok I use the damage remedy line

I have the intensive treatment
The DR con, DR poo, and the humectant when I decide to press my hair and its awesome I bought the big bottles, its pretty pricey but worth it, those products was over 300 bucks

I have the whole DR set, Brilliant Emollient Gloss, Brilliant Universal Styling Cream and the Sap Moss Concentrate. Aveda makes really great products and they last forever.

OUCH $300 buck$!!!???? How big were the bottles? Also, I tried Aveda's DR line when it first came out and gave it away last year in April 2006 b/c I just didn't think it was doing much for my natural hair.

What qualities do you find it imparts to either your relaxed or natural hair?

guesswho said:
I had a guess that you would be in here lol, you is the reason I spent a lot of money on aveda products damn you pinkskates damn you lol, but its worth it so thankyou:)

Ok I use the damage remedy line

I have the intensive treatment
The DR con, DR poo, and the humectant when I decide to press my hair and its awesome I bought the big bottles, its pretty pricey but worth it, those products was over 300 bucks

my Aveda bell just went off:grin: :grin: I've used DR since May of last year and just recently I started using the Smooth Infusion line. I really like both, but I'm really lovin' Smooth Infusion. I'm also in the transition stage and it's doing wonders taming the new growth. For leave-ins I've started using Aveda Elixir - love it and in the summer (to control the frizz) I use the anti-humectant.

Man, I really do use alot of Aveda products :)

nelli711 said:
I have the whole DR set, Brilliant Emollient Gloss, Brilliant Universal Styling Cream and the Sap Moss Concentrate. Aveda makes really great products and they last forever.

I use all the same products as Nelli with the exception of:
I only use the DR treatment. (dark brown)
I also use the Humectant Pomade and the Elixir. (Love them both!)

Thanks ladies, Ive learned so much from you all and have great results! Nowwww everyone is asking me what im doing to get my hair to grow so much? I might have to get an extra job to pay for the Aveda and gas for my car. lol:eek: :lol:

I don't use any of them, but I have also heard good things. I will be getting some of the curly girl line. Melanzium I believe uses aveda exclusively. It seems to really work for her hair. but let me tell you, try to get samples, b/c you don't want to buy something b/c it works for someone elses's hair. It might not work for you. hth

CurleeDST said:
OUCH $300 buck$!!!???? How big were the bottles? Also, I tried Aveda's DR line when it first came out and gave it away last year in April 2006 b/c I just didn't think it was doing much for my natural hair.

What qualities do you find it imparts to either your relaxed or natural hair?

Its a big difference, I've used A LOT of products and the first time I used the damage remedy intensive reconstructor I instantly felt a difference its like night and day what is weird is I thought my hair was in the best condition to date until I used aveda products and its in better condition, I'm actually upset it worked I really wanted to take it back because it was so expensive lol, the intesive DR treatment 16oz was 68.00, the 1 litre DR con was over 80 bucks, the 1 litre poo was 67 bucks I think, and the brilliant anti humectant pomade was 18 bucks and its only 2.6 ozs, but the damn thing works like no other right now I'm trying to use up all those other products I'm sticking to this line, the only thing I'm not willing to give up yet is my alter ego garlic treatment:) I have to update my fotki also things change:)

And for the record aveda takes anything back even if you use it they are that confident about there products once its more than half full you can't beat that with a stick!

all aveda damage remedy products...and if you can splurge then try the sap moss conditioner. it left my hair silky soft, is a great detangler and smells soooo good. too bad the bottles are so tiny...:perplexed

I use Aveda DR, the whole line in big bottles.
I use the Sap Moss Concentrate.
I use the Universal styling creme.

And, as soon as I go back to the states, I am buying All of these plus the Smooth Infusion Line to bring back with me!!

These products are the bomb, I haven't found anything better!!!

I recently got my hair done at a Jean Madeline Aveda school for beauty students. They do your hair for half-price of a regular salon. The student gave me a touch-up and recommended the sap moss line for my hair. What else should I use on my relaxed hair, my hair is very dry and I am also looking for something to use on my 4 year old daughter who is natural and has very dry kinky hair that is very manageable when wet. By looking everyone pictureon LHCF I am definately going to dry Aveda again. I used the black mava shampoo in the past and made my hair very dry, gave me that squeaky clean effect and my old hair dresser told me to stop using it.

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

lisacoop said:
I recently got my hair done at a Jean Madeline Aveda school for beauty students. They do your hair for half-price of a regular salon. The student gave me a touch-up and recommended the sap moss line for my hair. What else should I use on my relaxed hair, my hair is very dry and I am also looking for something to use on my 4 year old daughter who is natural and has very dry kinky hair that is very manageable when wet. By looking everyone pictureon LHCF I am definately going to dry Aveda again. I used the black mava shampoo in the past and made my hair very dry, gave me that squeaky clean effect and my old hair dresser told me to stop using it.

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

You should try the DR line if your hair is very dry. It will put moisture back into your hair in no time :)

CurleeDST said:
Is the damage remedy line protein based or moisture based?

It's a combo (taken from Aveda.com):
Our daily conditioning formula with quinoa protein helps repair and re-moisturize damaged hair—infusing it anew with healthy movement, silkiness and shine.

• part of a three-step restructuring system• helps hair weakened by chemical processes, heat styling and environmental exposure• formula blends phellodendron, sandalwood and barley to smooth the hair cuticle• with quinoa protein—to help strengthen and repair hair from the inside out

CurleeDST said:
Is the damage remedy line protein based or moisture based?

protein, but quite honestly it left my hair feeling strong and extremely moisturized too. (i've only used the intensive treatment out of the DR line)

eta: thanks Jlove74, that would explain why I got both lol

to answer the OP -- everything I use from aveda is located here w/ reviews too:
http://public.fotki.com/melanizm13/my_natural_journey/routines__products/fall__winter_products/

The only thing not listed is the Phomollient and the humectant pomade because I'm still trying them out and can't give a review yet.

Back