Being Newly Natural has a DEFINITE learning curve...don't get frustrated! *Pics*

Diva_Esq

I know that a lot of people get frustrated with the lack of curl definition once they BC, but I have found that you have to play around with products and do HAIRsperiments (experiments) to find that holy grail. I am on the bandwagon of people loving Eco Styler Gel for curl definition! Loving my curls even more since I began using this and MY PURSE is loving me for not spending all of that unnecessary money on KCCC or Miss Jessie's!

Thanks for the tip, ladies! I love my LHCF sisters! :love:

Can you tell the difference:

Waves & Curls with Eco Styler Gel
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VERSUS...

Waves & Curls without Eco Styler Gel

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Even though my waves in the 1st picture look very shiny and you can tell that there's product in them, they're soft and not flaky! Yea, Eco Styler! Thanks for looking! :D

I HEART my Eco Styler!!!! It works best for me and is cheap. My curls are AMAZING with it. You're hair is FAB!!!!! Glad you're enjoying being natural :)

Really? What do you use? Because your siggy pic is gorgeous!!! Such defined curls! I love them!

Diva,

Right now, I don't use a styling product...just Mixed Chicks leave-in conditioner and a denman-like brush to get out the tangles. I would love to experiment with some styling products, though...I tried the eco-styler one day because I allowed the PJ in me to purchase a big batch of it and I still had lots left over. Everyone raved about how great their wash and go's were coming out with it, so I gave it a try...Although it defined my curls, when my hair dried, there was a white film that covered the back of my head as well:wallbash::wallbash: Not cute!!!!

I have been researching doing some wash n go's for a bit and have watched quite a few youtube video comparison between KCCC and EcoStyler. There seems to be a bit of difference in the after effects..some notice a bit of flaking, pH balance difference, others didn't care for the crunchy feeling. Either way it seems cost effective and most reports on LCHF that I've found has been good. I'm thinking about trying it.

Do any of you have a preference in the particular type of eco-styler you get? I'm considering the one with olive oil.
I think one day I will splurge and try the KCCC, but until then my first try will be the eco-styler.

Glad you are loving your results...I hope I get the same or similar! :)

Diva,

Right now, I don't use a styling product...just Mixed Chicks leave-in conditioner and a denman-like brush to get out the tangles. I would love to experiment with some styling products, though...I tried the eco-styler one day because I allowed the PJ in me to purchase a big batch of it and I still had lots left over. Everyone raved about how great their wash and go's were coming out with it, so I gave it a try...Although it defined my curls, when my hair dried, there was a white film that covered the back of my head as well:wallbash::wallbash: Not cute!!!!

Me too, I could have written this post. I'm going to experiment with aloe vera gel.

I have been researching doing some wash n go's for a bit and have watched quite a few youtube video comparison between KCCC and EcoStyler. There seems to be a bit of difference in the after effects..some notice a bit of flaking, pH balance difference, others didn't care for the crunchy feeling. Either way it seems cost effective and most reports on LCHF that I've found has been good. I'm thinking about trying it.

Do any of you have a preference in the particular type of eco-styler you get? I'm considering the one with olive oil.
I think one day I will splurge and try the KCCC, but until then my first try will be the eco-styler.

Glad you are loving your results...I hope I get the same or similar! :)

I like the clear Eco Styler. I don't mind the little bit of crunchiness. I love the look. My next experiment will be with SheaMoisture Curly Smoothie only to see if I can get the same wet and curly look without the crunch.

Diva Esq,
Your hair is gorgeous!!! Are you using a leave-in conditioner prior to applying Ecostyler? Is this brushed in w/ the Denman?

Diva Esq,
Your hair is gorgeous!!! Are you using a leave-in conditioner prior to applying Ecostyler? Is this brushed in w/ the Denman?

I am using a full strength conditioner (Tigi Bedhead Moisture Maniac or Yes to Carrots/ Yes to Cucumbers) with Ecostyler on top brushed in with the Denman! :) Thanks for the compliment.

Thanks! I gave up the wigs as of last week, and I'm definitely gonna have to try this out!

Back