Being A Man's Wedding Date

FemmeFatale

I was not aware that it's a big deal when a man invites you to a wedding as his date. Can someone clue me in as to why?

From what I understand, you only take someone as a wedding date when it's "serious." Especially if the wedding you're going to is a family member's wedding. You'll essentially get to meet his whole family, not just his parents. That can be a pretty big deal, especially if his family is close like that.

It could be a big deal...I guess. I never thought about it until I just read your question but it seems to me that this is the case. I was invited to a wedding by my fiance. During the course of my trip to see him and attend the wedding, he proposed. So I guess maybe it is when he's at least serious about you. I didn't anticipate that happening, but thinking about it I realize it's usually someone who is serious about you who will take you. Perhaps a boyfriend who is secure in your relationship, or someone who wants to go to another level.

i never thought about it either. I just got back from a wedding with my SO. he invited me and after it was over said it was the biggest mistake he made...

...i started getting all these ideas lol

My DH thought it was a big deal. Before we got married, he used to grumble about "you don't bring a chick to a wedding." :rolleyes: It wasn't a big deal to me. I think some guys assume that it will trigger a girlfriend's desire to get married, plus the fact that marriage makes some women "feel romantic." :drunk:

Oh wow. I never thought enough about it to think it was a serious thing. I've already been asked and agreed to go to a wedding with the person I've been dating. :Cow:

it can be. if he really only knows the bride or groom then not so much. if it's a friend from college or family member then the wedding will be like a reunion of sorts and errybody and their grandmother will be there. he'll have to introduce you to quite a few people as his gf and won't go through all that if he doesn't think the relationship is steady or he's been doing dirt and someone who knows him might pull home girl to the side and tell her. you'd be surprised: weddings and funerals can bring a whole lot of unexpected drama.

Back