Beeswax

MzK

Hi! :waves:

I currently use it for my braidouts --shea butter (love it to death) didn't do a thing, neither did KCCC/gels (ick!-Flake city). So far....so good.:yep:

Wondering if any of you ladies use beeswax, and what results did it give you (ie., twist/braid/curls/ect). Did it make your style last longer? Any breakouts/allergic reactions? Is it overall, good for the hair?

TIA.:grin:

I haven't tried it alone. I've used products w/beeswax in them and found them hard to wash out. Do you have this problem washing out your braidouts?

I'm surprised you haven't gotten an overwhelming NOOOOOOOOOO!

LOL. I've used it but I have always been advised not to by other(almost every one I've met IRL) naturals. I only use it in my edges as its very thick and hard to wash out. But thats only in my experience.

also my edges went bald after I had my daughter and as they started to regrow the hairs stuck straight up which is why I started using beeswax. The hair is not growing in like it had in the past but I'm not sure if its from the beeswax or hormones.
HTH

OP From what i know beeswax is only for locs and twists because it really stays in your hair and is very hard to get out.

I can't use products with beeswax because I have many of the problems the other posters mentioned. For me its not just the hard to wash out but my hair is limp and coated and my twists don't look as lush and plump as usual. I use products with beeswax very sparingly, if at all.

i use products with beeswax in it all the time and i love it for braid outs. i dont use straight beeswax by itself.

Hmm...I've used a product called "Twists 'n Locs" Honey Wax (Super). I"m not quite sure if it is the same thing. The ingredients are as follows: Pure Honey Wax, Aloe Vera Extract Lanolin, Rosemary, Essential oils and fragrance. Now I know that Lanolin is a no no and I only use this stuff sparingly. In my experience, it doesn't make the hair lock up or anything. If anything, it makes my twists look nice and plump where they used to look limp and horrid. I like it and I use it.

ETA: I must say that when I do use this, I only use a little bit and I make sure to moisturize and seal beforehand. HTH

Not sure if mines is 100% (it says it on the jar...) but it's by Vigarol (sp?), and it has other ingredients in it. Has anyone heard of this?

I use elasta qp curl wax to hold and smooth my cornrows

INGREDIENTS: Petrolatum, Paraffin, Microcrystaline Wax, Lanolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance D&C Violet #2 (CI 160725).

Now, longhairdontcare2011 uses bees wax for her braids...you can look her up on yt

Beeswax is actually good for your hair. It's a natural humectant and is a really good sealant. It depends on the product to whether or not it clogs your pores. I use a product called Oil Me by yhyc that has beeswax in it along with other oils. It's light and easy to wash out. The beeswax that's in their product is all natural from a bee farm.

I had a stylist use it as a heat protectant. I can't lie, my hair was swanging and shiny. I wasn't into haircare back then so I don't know if using it with heat is bad or not.

I was considering using beeswax for my braidouts for more hold and even less frizz, but my Dax Pomade and Blue Magic Leave-in work good enough for me.

Not everyone can use light butters and creams or conditioners for natural hair styles. They cause buildup, frizz, & dullness for my hair. Grease, pomades, & some gels work great on my hair type.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using LHCF

Back