"Because i know my worth....." TESTIMONY

*SkolarStar*

If you haven't read the Because i know my worth..... thread, read it. It works.

Last night I got taken out to the movies. He texts me in the evening asking if I wanted to catch a movie. I thought he was talking about going to the movies. He was talking about renting one. I'm so done with house dates it's not even funny. :ohwell:
Him: I'm going to watch a movie tonight. if you're free, let me know.
Me: I'm free. What movie and where?
Him: Whatever movie we find. Your house or mine?
Me: Ohh... I thought you meant going to the movies.
Him: Lol oo... gotcha
Me: So... What does that mean?
Him: That means I won't be able to come get you in time for a movie.
Me: Y?
Him: I'm studying for a bit longer, what time do the movies close?
Me: The last showing is usually around 10
Him: What movie do you wanna see?
Me: Safe House [I send him a list of times and locations]
Him: Text me your address in a little bit.

Me: :grin:
Demand and he shall meet you there! At first I was scared for going on about going to the movies but then I thought, "what am I scared for? If he wants to see me then he'll do it. If not, oh well, on to the next one." Well, I had a good time. :drunk:

Thanks for the tag!

Just like @Je Ne Sais Quoi said to me...damn skippy :lol:

Good for you. I really didn't like it when he said 'gotcha'. Trying to act like he's got game. Good for you for refusing to go to his house and insisting on going to the real movies. :yep:

Was this the first 'date'? If yes, he is acting like that? :nono:

Last edited:
We used to talk before and stopped because life got really busy for me. So I guess this is our 2nd first date? And I don't know why he's acting like that. :rolleyes: But we're only 22, I'm recently learning what to expect in a guy.

^^
:lol: They're young. Let them be before the see, that's why black women are single brigade comes in.

I'm glad you're learning your worth OP!

Charz Because I admit to not having anything to do I get the "hmm."? Serious question. The "acting busy" concept something I never understood.

Im hmming cos he didnt ask you out. he merely said he was going out and whether you'd like to tag along. In other words it wasnt planned with you in mind

anyway I dont wanna take away the fact that you ended up enjoying yourself so ignore me lol

Glad you had fun.

What did you think of the Safe House? I normally don't like Denzel, but he did pretty good in this movie :yep:. AND I liked how they showed mostly showed South Africa as the modern country that it is, it really isn't squalor everywhere like we normally see in the media AND I was pretty stoked that it seems like it was bankrolled by African companies that had their logos in it ... Castle Lager, African Bank, Stanbic Bank etc ...:yep:

Thanks for the tag!

Just like @Je Ne Sais Quoi said to me...damn skippy :lol:

Good for you. I really didn't like it when he said 'gotcha'. Trying to act like he's got game. Good for you for refusing to go to his house and insisting on going to the real movies. :yep:

Was this the first 'date'? If yes, he is acting like that? :nono:

Hi, I think he was using the word "gotcha" to show that he understood what she meant...not literally as in I got you.

If Im wrong, please disreagard! Im just assuming you didnt get the slang just like with the "damn skippy' that was said in your thread!!

Last edited:
Hi, I think he was using the word "gotcha" to show that he understood what she meant...not literally as in I got you.

If Im wrong, please disreagard! Im just assuming you didnt get the slang just like with the "damn skippy' that was said in your thread!!

Ah ok I get you. Guess i'm not good with slang...as is it cus I is British???

Back