Be honest (Long hair)

andrea said:
From your lips to Gods ears.. I think thats the saying..

Thanks.. It is no rush though.. I have to admit.. I am having fun with my hair though.. This place is a god send

I'm glad you understood what I meant to say andrea:lol: I meant to write good luck and wrote go luck:lachen:

Not cutting it.

All the good pics of me from when I was relaxed, I had shoulder length hair, and now braids, so I know I look better with it longer. Now I've never tried a style of extension that went below bra-strap so I don't know what I look like with hair longer than that, but I wouldn't cut it. My sis has waist length locs so that might be a possibility.

lovelymissyoli said:
My plan is to grow my natural hair to armpit length. From there I plan to a.) loc it or b.) cut it to a twa if I don't like it or the maintenance is too much!

After viewing a lot of Fotki's of ladies with twa's I almost took a pair of scissors to my head last month, so honestly, if I didn't like long hair on myself after I grew it out, I'd cut it. My identity is not wrapped up in the length of my hair so I don't think I'd have any qualms about it --- snip and get on with it! ;)

Your hair is beautifullllllllll, If my hair was like yours, I wouldn't mind it long or short. What does twa stand for?

No I would not cut it because I would not let it grow that long to begin with. I'd try a weave or braids to see if I really want to let it grow to a longer length. If it didn't look good, I'd just trim to maintain the shorter length.

That's a very good question, I think what matters is how healthy the hair looks and to go with the look that best suits you.

angie10 said:
Your hair is beautifullllllllll, If my hair was like yours, I wouldn't mind it long or short. What does twa stand for?

Thanks for the compliment :) . TWA stands for "teenie weenie afro". It's usually used in reference to someone who has just done the bc.

I know that I don't look good with long hair or any length hair that is down...so I'm growing my hair long for great buns and ponies.:D

since im natural, and my hair doesn't hang, i dont think it will make much of a difference if my hair is long or short. i think i look good with long, medium, and short hair....so i dont know.

RosesBlack said:
I would have no problem cutting it.

Matter of fact I am planning to shave my head entirely for my 50th birthday no matter how long it is.

I'm just turning 30 in March.

Oh wow! I have the same plan, and I'm turning 30 in February.

I'd cut it but no less than an ear length bob or something. Or maybe do layers. I can't rock the super short hair cause i don't have the face or head for it.

Back