BBD Stretch in LA

tallnomad

I'm still using some BBD Stretch I got in NYC, but I found a spot in North Hollywood that sells it if any of you LA/So Cal ladies are interested.

This is definitely going to be a daily or every other day keeper for me since I plan on wetting my hair regularly this summer.

If there is interest, I'll post the contact information for the supply store which is African-owned.

Post away girlfriend! :lachen: I have never used it but I know there is major hype around that product. So is it going to lock in my wet curls like IC gel? I am natural by the way. Share your experience with this product please.

I was always rather lazy with this product only applying it once a week and then slathering on tons of Curly Pudding. I actually bought the two together at Curve and didn't think that stretch could be used instead of pudding. but, recently a friend i turned onto kinky curly said that a friend told her that she should use stretch instead of pudding or kinky because it didn't make your hair hard.

i do know that whenever i use stretch, my hair has tons of moisture and feels really soft. yesterday, i did a conditioner wash, then put the stretch into my hair and left all day as a leave in. my curls looked really good! my hair was moist (but not wet), shiny and had really good defined curls. i've never tried IC Gel, so I'm not sure how to compare the two. I just remembered, I did add in a bit of the kinky curly but not a lot (as it's hold the first day is way too hard for me). But I think it must have really been the stretch that made my hair soft because the curls had a definite hold, but a soft hold and that's rare for me.

Last edited:
Post it by all means. I'm curious too though I'm locking now.

p1

Okay--the supply store is African-owned and they have really good products there. They sell Hair Fertilizer which is great for your scalp!

Here is the address: 11322 Ventura Blvd. Studio City, CA 91602--It's called Superstar Beauty Supply

tiffcurl said:
I was always rather lazy with this product only applying it once a week and then slathering on tons of Curly Pudding. I actually bought the two together at Curve and didn't think that stretch could be used instead of pudding. but, recently a friend i turned onto kinky curly said that a friend told her that she should use stretch instead of pudding or kinky because it didn't make your hair hard.

i do know that whenever i use stretch, my hair has tons of moisture and feels really soft. yesterday, i did a conditioner wash, then put the stretch into my hair and left all day as a leave in. my curls looked really good! my hair was moist (but not wet), shiny and had really good defined curls. i've never tried IC Gel, so I'm not sure how to compare the two. I just remembered, I did add in a bit of the kinky curly but not a lot (as it's hold the first day is way too hard for me). But I think it must have really been the stretch that made my hair soft because the curls had a definite hold, but a soft hold and that's rare for me.

Yeah girl, Stretch is AWESOME! I use it daily as well.

How much, how much?????? Don't be holding out on the info :lol: Man, that's a little bit of a drive for me but I am REALLY looking for something to bring out my curl a little better and moisturize as I'm on a no heat challenge for a few weeks at a time.

in nyc, i got it at Curve Salon in Brooklyn and paid like $45.

SO1913--i've read all your posts about stretch and you were my inspiration to start using it again. i'm such a PJ and I was thinking what if all I need for my hair is already sitting in my cabinet?! :) Thanks for your insight.

Okay--not to be misleading, but I actually haven't bought it from the supply store I mentioned. I went there last week to get the hair fertilizer. I called them yesterday on a fluke to see if they had stretch. I expected them to say, "what?" but the woman on the phone was SO friendly and nice. I asked her if they sold BBD's Stretch and she said "absolutely." I was like, "what?'' And she said laughed and said "yes." I told her how I didn't expect it to be in my area.

So then I asked her the price. She said unfortunately the owner hadn't marked the price, but that I shouldn't worry because their prices "are very reasonable."

I meant to go last night, but think I will go tonight instead. I will update you all on the price.

We should have a Stretch distribution party--kind of like those network marketing companies! :)

tiffcurl said:

You know BBD says you can use it as a leave in.

sorry for the delay in reporting the price of the stretch at the studio city location.

i went last night and the stretch is $30 there.

tiffcurl said:
sorry for the delay in reporting the price of the stretch at the studio city location.

i went last night and the stretch is $30 there.

That's a GOOD deal! $15 savings.

Back