BB Oil Moisturizer! This Is Such A Crying SHAME!!!

Sar-I said:
I’m in love with this stuff but I’m afraid that mineral oil will cause problems in the long-run. Are any of you guys going to stop using this product based on that. The only thing is that mineral oil is not one of the first few ingredients, or does any mineral oil at all=bad? Someone please help!! :confused:

I was about to try some of this stuff recently due to the rave reviews, but I can't use something with mineral oil/cones on my fine hair daily. I can deal with some MO or cones in my weekly deep conditioner, but not a daily moisturizer. Those products weigh my hair down and leave a waxy, sticky coating on it.:perplexed If it didn't have the MO, it would be good stuff!

Why did they have to go add MO to it, I guess b/c it’s cheap. My hair loves, it makes it moist and soft. Only thing, after a few days, my hair looks dull. I guess the main culprit is the MO. It really hate to let it go.:ohwell:

preciousjewel76 said:
I was about to try some of this stuff recently due to the rave reviews, but I can't use something with mineral oil/cones on my fine hair daily. I can deal with some MO or cones in my weekly deep conditioner, but not a daily moisturizer. Those products weigh my hair down and leave a waxy, sticky coating on it.:perplexed If it didn't have the MO, it would be good stuff!

Sar-I said:
Why did they have to go add MO to it, I guess b/c it’s cheap. My hair loves, it makes it moist and soft. Only thing, after a few days, my hair looks dull. I guess the main culprit is the MO. It really hate to let it go.:ohwell:

Bronner Brothers changed the formula of their African Pride Daily Doctor moisturizer, too. I used it for a bit and when I went back for a new bottle, I saw that it had MO in it (my old bottle didn't). Bummer! I wish the "ethnic" hair care companies would just leave that stuff alone. Their products are just fine without it.:ohwell:

ITA, I would pay more money:sekret: if they left that mess out and just use more of the quality ingredients. The daily doctor worked really well for me too when I relaxed.

preciousjewel76 said:
Bronner Brothers changed the formula of their African Pride Daily Doctor moisturizer, too. I used it for a bit and when I went back for a new bottle, I saw that it had MO in it (my old bottle didn't). Bummer! I wish the "ethnic" hair care companies would just leave that stuff alone. Their products are just fine without it.:ohwell:

I just bought this based off the great reviews, and after 3 days it has made my hair kind of hard and crunchy :perplexed. I want to keep trying it, but I'm not so sure about this hard hair feeling.

Cleve_gryl said:
I just bought this based off the great reviews, and after 3 days it has made my hair kind of hard and crunchy :perplexed. I want to keep trying it, but I'm not so sure about this hard hair feeling.

This is exactly why I don't use this anymore. I used to use it regularly but then stopped because I noticed that my hair would be kind of hard and crunchy afterwards. When I initially bought it, it was the small bottle and it didn't have the mineral oil. When I started buying the larger size, I saw the parafinium liquidium (mineral oil) up in there and still went ahead anyway but it doesn't work for me.

Back