Barry Fletcher

DeQuendre

I was reading our neighborhood shopper yesterday and saw a short piece on Barry Fletcher. I didn't know he's from Mitchellville, which is where I live and that he still lives in the area (this is a DC suburb for those who don't know the area). Anyway, the article mentions that he is coming out with a new hair care line, described as holistic. It will be sold in Wal-Mart stores and will debut in January.

What do you all think of his work so far? Haven't heard too many things about him on this board.

deq

I've read his book. I think it's a great resource and he isn't using it to try to market his own product.

He's reputed as being among the best hair care professionals in the industry.

He has been referenced in ESSENCE, but not lately.

I believe he has a line of products. The product junkie in me emerges!

northernbelle
laugh.gif

I've heard his products that are already on the market our good, but I've never used them. I once tried to make an appointment at his salon (why is his salon in a horrible part of town still I don't know) anyway the receptionist said she'd call me back and never did, so I never called her back either!
nono.gif

Thanks all. I've never seen his existing product lines, the article says there are two others. This holistic approach line will be the third. What are the staples of the others?

Ms. Kenesha: I know. I was thinking the same thing, even though I don't know Seat Pleasant very well. I think perhaps it was there from the beginning before his celebrity and I'm so sure his clientele rolls floweth over, no matter the location. (Reasonable rent too?) The article says he started as a barber, but some kind of grant was being given to barbers to crossover into hairstyling..that plus the lure of making more money in general was the attraction.

Stormy, would you provide a link to where you can read his book online?

deq

Seat Pleasant is not that bad. I would probadly go in the daytime and be extra cautious at night. I use his hair oil and setting lotion. I have used his hair oil for a couple of years. I am cheating on him now with Keracare's oil

Barry Fletcher's products are awesome. I have been consistently using his moisturizing shampoo- and I love it.

.........also his revitalizing conditioner is good too. As well as his moisture silk leave-in. I highly recommend his stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
Stormy, would you provide a link to where you can read his book online?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to know also!
weird.gif

Funny this topic was posted.
think.gif

I was sitting on the train this evening, reading the latest issue of Hype Hair and in it Mya says that her favorite setting lotion (when she's wearing the curly look) is the one made by Barry Fletcher.

Is he the guy who wrote Curly Girl or something like that recently? I think the book has a gray/silver cover? I read a bit of that book it was good. A very easy ... quick read.

Sorry DeQuendre and Jen Jen, I read those bits and pieces sometime last year. I was just surfing the net one day (on black hair care and growth) and his name came up with an article including advice from his book. The first thing that got my attention was when he said using relaxers too frequently (like every 4 weeks) causes damage. I also read that from Andre . (Oprah's stylist) At the time I had just fired my hair stylist. I was so glad to finally read some honest advice from a hairstylist.

I tried doing a search for you two, but the only thing that comes up is his book. He has a website with his bio and all, but I guess he's not giving anymore free advice on line. lol!

I have used one or two of his products years and years ago. I know I enjoyed it but I think I didn't continue due to the price or having to special order it.

Amazon.com has a description and reviews on his boo, "why black women are losing their hair" or I think it may be called "Why are black women losing their hair".

Thanks for the link. Read his bio. Who is his copywriter? The hype is palpable. The last paragraph says his book is doing so well at amazon.com, "making it the most sought after book on the internet."

Also, I never heard of the Hair Gangsters and the USA Hair Olympic team! Woah! LOL! Oh this is too much, who's used the SOCIAL SECURITY MENTHOLATING SHAMPOO? He must have a very lively personality.

Back