Baking Soda, Vinegar, Megatek, EVOO, ORS Replenishing Pak, etc

ElizaBlue

These are the items that I have available.

Baking Soda
White Vinegar
AC vinegar
Creme of Nature Moisturizing Shampoo
Megatak
EVOO
ORS Replenishing Pak
ORS Hair Mayonnaise
Boundless Tresses
Soft Sheen Carson Ceramide (the entire line)
CHI Silk
Silk Amino Acid
Coconut Oil (cold pressed)

I want to do a clarify and deep conditioner, possibly a pre-poo. Is this everything I need?

I would be forever greatful if someone would post the steps. I did try to do a search but came up with numerous single regimens, but nothing that would incorporate all or most of these items. I plan to sleep in whatever all night and then put in a black rinse tomorrow....I think. Well I know the baking soda will no doubt strip the little color I have left away.

PS. I've never done a pre-poo, nor a clarifier with Baking soda.

Jeez...I just hope someone with a generous spirit is still up and feels like typing.

Thanks ladies.

I can only give you advice about things I've actually used:

You could pre-poo (I hate that word) with coconut oil. I find it to be very moisturizing but sometimes annoying to work with. It's hard for me to make sure I get my hair fully covered with an oil.

I clarify with baking soda and water. I don't really measure but I think I probably use like 2 tablespoons to a cup of water. Pour it on, massage, and rinse. Or you could just shampoo. Or add a little baking soda to your shampoo (though I've only added baking soda to conditioner before, but I'm sure it's probably the same).

DC with ORS replenishing pack. I used to use it all the time and I really liked it and so do lots of ppl on the board.

Hope this helps!

I can only give you advice about things I've actually used:

You could pre-poo (I hate that word) with coconut oil. I find it to be very moisturizing but sometimes annoying to work with. It's hard for me to make sure I get my hair fully covered with an oil.

I clarify with baking soda and water. I don't really measure but I think I probably use like 2 tablespoons to a cup of water. Pour it on, massage, and rinse. Or you could just shampoo. Or add a little baking soda to your shampoo (though I've only added baking soda to conditioner before, but I'm sure it's probably the same).

DC with ORS replenishing pack. I used to use it all the time and I really liked it and so do lots of ppl on the board.

Hope this helps!

Yes it does, and thank you. So when you pre-poo how long do you leave it on, and do you use heat or a plastic cap?

For the prepoo, I would mix a couple of tbsp of EVOO and Coconut oil with 1/2 a cup to a cup of the ORS hair mayo, heat the mixture for a couple of seconds in the microwave to get it warm enough so that the coconut oil mixes in well. I would leave on the hair with a plastic cap for an hour or so, or if you apply heat, just for 10-20 mins for pre-poo.

After you shampoo, I would DC with the ORS replenishing pak and maybe add some SAA to it.

How do you plan on styling it or wearing it afterwards?

I'm sure you'll get some more suggestions. HTH.

Usually for about an hour with a plastic cap. But, I don't do it regularly. If it's too late or I just don't feel like it, I skip it and just wash my hair and then DC overnight with a plastic cap.

Personally, I don't really like doing a whole bunch of steps so I try to avoid that as much as possible. Often, I just put my DC on dry hair and put on a cap and then go to bed. Then, I rinse it out in the morning and do whatever else I have planned for my hair. I don't like getting in and out of the shower and all that business lol.

For the prepoo, I would mix a couple of tbsp of EVOO and Coconut oil with 1/2 a cup to a cup of the ORS hair mayo, heat the mixture for a couple of seconds in the microwave to get it warm enough so that the coconut oil mixes in well. I would leave on the hair with a plastic cap for an hour or so, or if you apply heat, just for 10-20 mins for pre-poo.

After you shampoo, I would DC with the ORS replenishing pak and maybe add some SAA to it.

Thank you for the response. No I never really style my hair. I'm just a bit past APL but only wear it down in that old fashioned half up in a know and down in the back. Other than that it's bunned up.

Duly noted.

Usually for about an hour with a plastic cap. But, I don't do it regularly. If it's too late or I just don't feel like it, I skip it and just wash my hair and then DC overnight with a plastic cap.

Personally, I don't really like doing a whole bunch of steps so I try to avoid that as much as possible. Often, I just put my DC on dry hair and put on a cap and then go to bed. Then, I rinse it out in the morning and do whatever else I have planned for my hair. I don't like getting in and out of the shower and all that business lol.

Okay thank you again MSA. That is a good thought. Especially since now I am getting sleepy. I know from experience that ORS anything wipes out my color. So I have to DC before that. Although I would love to have the DC be last.

Are you currently using megatek? If so, I don't suggest using the ORG Mayo because of the protein content. I would pre poo with another conditioner and follow the steps mention.

I forgot the Mayo, mixed the two oils and proceeded to pour it all down my dag gone shirt. I'm going to dump some mayo on now.

Are you currently using megatek? If so, I don't suggest using the ORG Mayo because of the protein content. I would pre poo with another conditioner and follow the steps mention.

I was just about to go and add the mayo. The two oils were liquified of course. I thought for sure I was being careful and it just ran off the side of my head. Okay so no mayo....I have only been using the megatek like three weeks and only once a week.

I think I will be okay with the mayo, as I have been having a bit of shedding not much. But I have only used the MT like three times, after I shampoo and only left on for 5 minutes.

Yeah, the oils can definitely be a bit messy, I usually apply it to my scalp with a cotton ball to avoid that, then I pour out a little bit of the oil into my palm and run it through my hair.

The baking soda didn't work for my hair, but it might for yours. The replenishing pak is a must for me, especially if you add warm EVOO to it.

Yeah, the oils can definitely be a bit messy, I usually apply it to my scalp with a cotton ball to avoid that, then I pour out a little bit of the oil into my palm and run it through my hair.

The baking soda didn't work for my hair, but it might for yours. The replenishing pak is a must for me, especially if you add warm EVOO to it.

Thanks GG. The replenishing pak should be...what somewhere before the color right. I wonder if after I do the color rinse am I then only limited to the leave in. So I have to DC before. That was the confusing part.

Thanks GG. The replenishing pak should be...what somewhere before the color right. I wonder if after I do the color rinse am I then only limited to the leave in. So I have to DC before. That was the confusing part.

Yeah, I would do the colour before the replenishing pak, cause you want the colour to deposit first. That's how it was done on my hair when they did it in the salon anyway.

Back