Baggie Method: My hair no likey!

kbragg

What do you laides use to baggie? I baggied for the first time last night with S-curl and this morning my hair was ticked! My hair very mushy and gooey and even with using the shower comb I had breakage? Is it possible that maybe my hair might not respond to baggying or maybe it's that I'm using the wrongg type of products. Advise?

Maybe your hair has too much moisture...not enough protein...and baggying with a moisturizer is the straw that broke the camel's back...

I put some kind of conditioner on my hair (usually something creamy like salerm) then line a bag with oil and baggie. I think using a thick moisturizer makes a difference.

I only baggie my ends and I use my leave in conditioner (garnier fructis sleek n shine) then seal with either olive or coconut oil then put a roller on my ends then baggie. Been doing this for months and my hair loves it.

wadadligyal said:
I only baggie my ends and I use my leave in conditioner (garnier fructis sleek n shine) then seal with either olive or coconut oil then put a roller on my ends then baggie. Been doing this for months and my hair loves it.

Co-signing Wadadligyal. I do the same thing. I use Suave conditioner though because my hair isn't crazy about daily use of cones. This works for me with oil and a roller. My hair comes out really soft the next morning with a lot of bounce. I think the curl activator maybe too wet, which is weakening your hair. Try a conditioner with a little bit of protein in it to help stregthen it up a bit. I know it help me out a lot.

It sounds like your hair may be over moisturized. Perhaps you need more protein in your regimin to strengthen it. When last have you had a protein treatment?

kbragg said:
What do you laides use to baggie? I baggied for the first time last night with S-curl and this morning my hair was ticked! My hair very mushy and gooey and even with using the shower comb I had breakage? Is it possible that maybe my hair might not respond to baggying or maybe it's that I'm using the wrongg type of products. Advise?

No, IMO don't baggie with scurl....If It was me...hint...hint...I would use either elasta qp mango butter and then seal with kemi oyl or the oil of your choice or I would use profective healthy ends and seal with kemi oyl or the oil of your choice. IMO scurl is going to make it mushy...I use scurl on my ng but never for baggying.HTH:) [/SIZE]

I agree with tsmith. My does better when I use a daily moisturizer instead of s-curl or conditioners. I have also used hair grease with success.

SerenityBreeze said:
It sounds like your hair may be over moisturized. Perhaps you need more protein in your regimin to strengthen it. When last have you had a protein treatment?

uuuuummmm.....never.....:look: I use profectiv break free though which has protein in it...do I need something stronger?

Hmm maybe it just wont like the baggie my hair doesnt i just bun it up all the time. I use my creamy leave ins as moisturizers and then seal with an oil. and bun. try a protein treatment but dont use scurl it might be too much moisture.

I have the same problem so what I did was DRY my hair first, apply oil, and then baggie, instead of baggying with water AND a moisturizer. Hope this helps :)

kbragg said:
uuuuummmm.....never.....:look: I use profectiv break free though which has protein in it...do I need something stronger?.

If you've never done a protein treatment on your hair, it may be time.
Too much moisture will really make it weak and breakage will occur.

There are some good ones out there...Nexxus makes one, Aphogee, the list goes on. I know the other ladies on here can advise you which ones they like as well.

I think I'm going to give the baggie method a try. My rich Silk Elements leave-in cream seems like it would be perfect sealed with oil for this. What do you guys do, bun your hair, throw on a ziploc bag and a scrunchie over it?

ETA: I see ziploc bags are out, because of the hard edges.

Last edited:
Back