Baggie method catching on with 8th grade girls

ChasingBliss

My daughter informed me yesterday that she went to school and told several girls in her class about the baggie trick and now they ALL want to try it. Dont you know when I dropped her off at school today, I saw several heads with buns capped with stockings, socks, etc. I was so shocked at how serious these girls were about trying it. Apparently they remembered her hair from last year when I had used the baggie method on her for several months. They saw how much her hair had grown. I tell you this is amazing. They want a list of products to use and everything. One of her friends even called me to ask me where her mother could buy some jojoba oil. I am so tickled by this. Many of these girls have dry broken hair so I think it's nice to see them so interested in hair care /images/graemlins/clap.gif.

Wow, I am happy to hear that the teen girls are doing a better job at taking care of their hair. You and your daughter have set a trend for healthy hair!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said:
My daughter informed me yesterday that she went to school and told several girls in her class about the baggie trick and now they ALL want to try it. Dont you know when I dropped her off at school today, I saw several heads with buns capped with stockings, socks, etc. I was so shocked at how serious these girls were about trying it. Apparently they remembered her hair from last year when I had used the baggie method on her for several months. They saw how much her hair had grown. I tell you this is amazing. They want a list of products to use and everything. One of her friends even called me to ask me where her mother could buy some jojoba oil. I am so tickled by this. Many of these girls have dry broken hair so I think it's nice to see them so interested in hair care /images/graemlins/clap.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's so great they are getting into good hair care at a young age..... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Aww, bless their little hearts. I really wish I had this kind of information when I was that age. Then maybe I wouldn't have spent my high school years with chewed up hair.

Wow, /images/graemlins/clap.gif it's nice to hear about young girls starting out on the right foot. By the time they are grown-up they will all have flowing waist length hair if they keep it up.

That is just great. I'm glad that they're all interested in trying it. Then they'll want to know how to keep all that healthy hair.

[ QUOTE ]
MizAvalon said:
Aww, bless their little hearts. I really wish I had this kind of information when I was that age. Then maybe I wouldn't have spent my high school years with chewed up hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I feel the same way.

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said:

[/ QUOTE ]

that's so great they are getting into good hair care at a young age..... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I agree!!

It would be really nice to see those girls keep up with it. A few of the buns were barely hanging on but one girl's bun baggie was fierce. I tell you some of these little girls have skiiiiills /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

That's so great that they're getting started early!! I'm going to have to tell my little cousins about this site, and the baggie method!

That is sooo cool!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Wish I had the foresight to do something with mine when I was that age. Could've saved myself many a hair disaster!

If this keeps up, there will be a WHOLE generation of black women with beautiful, healthy, hair...the smallest steps turn out to be bountiful leaps /images/graemlins/weird.gif!!!

[ QUOTE ]
MelsWifey said:
If this keeps up, there will be a WHOLE generation of black women with beautiful, healthy, hair...the smallest steps turn out to be bountiful leaps /images/graemlins/weird.gif!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Awww this is so sweet

LOL, My daughter has already come home talking about who she thinks will last and who wont based on their personalities. I told her to give them a chance including herself, you never know who will do what. Im just proud of all of them.

Hi honeylemondrop,
Can you tell me exactly what you mean by the buns covered up with a stocking? I would like to do it with it my little daughter too. Do you put all the hair in one bun and then cover it up?

Hearing this makes me extremely happy. Hopefully the information will spread to their other friends and family members. It's so nice that you and your daughter shared info with them.

[ QUOTE ]
bunita said:
Hi honeylemondrop,
Can you tell me exactly what you mean by the buns covered up with a stocking? I would like to do it with it my little daughter too. Do you put all the hair in one bun and then cover it up?

[/ QUOTE ]
It looked to me as if they had put the baggie on, then covered it with a cut off stocking or something. Some had scrungies and some used regular bands to hold it down. My daughter uses this method with a scrungie. As for me, Im still struggling /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

This is neat. Kids are so willing and open to learn. If we were trying to tell adults the same thing, it would be like pulling teeth /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif.

Chichi /images/graemlins/bdance.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MelsWifey said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree, and what a beautiful day that will be..

[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said: One of her friends even called me to ask me where her mother could buy some jojoba oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Okay that was hilarious! Anyways, I'm glad to hear they are trying to start taking better care of their hair. Maybe you can give them a regimen to follow as well! /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

Back