Baggie Method Breakage?

I've been doing this for about two months now, and I have noticed that every time I take my hair down from the bun after a week, I get not ALOT of hair on my comb, but I get an amount that I am not too happy with. I don't know if this is breakage, shedding, or what not. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

blessedangil03 said:
I've been doing this for about two months now, and I have noticed that every time I take my hair down from the bun after a week, I get not ALOT of hair on my comb, but I get an amount that I am not too happy with. I don't know if this is breakage, shedding, or what not. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Since your keeping your hair in a bun for a week without combing most likely its normal shedding. Normal hair shedding is 50-100 hairs per day or less. To make sure its not breakage examine the hairs to see if theres a little white bulb on the end of it,if not then its breakage.

HtH~

What are you using to moisturize your ends? It may be to heavy for your hair. Also bun ponytails can cause damage from the tension created by the ponytail holder.

I am not currently using the baggie method so I am not speaking from experience. I just wanted to help.

Ladies, thanks for your replies. I've worn buns before for one week before coming to LHCF and learning about the baggie method, and I never got that much hair come out. I did switch up my hair products recently though and maybe that can be it... I use elasta qp mango butter on my ends and hot 6 oil. Could it be the product change?
-Sweet A, I understand the normal hair shedding though, but I'm just not used to it being that much.

I too had breakge from the baggie method but it wasnt from combing my hair after taking it down. I would notice hair would break right at the ponytail holder because the hair in the baggie was wet while the hair exposed is dry. Too much stress on my hair I guess, but I think I needed to use more products in my hair like a cheap conditioner or something and to keep the exposed hair moisturized.
Next time, do not comb your hair right after taking your hair down from the bun/baggie. Wet it before putting a comb through it. hth!

Last edited:
Back