Back To Oldies But Goodies!!!

Nanyanika

After repeated failure in purchasing and experiementing with many salon line products, such as Deep Brilliance, Keratase, L'anza, Redken etc. I've decided i'll probably never invest in salon lines again. Often after using such products my hair ended up tangled, dry, breaking, coated, just an complete utter nightmare. I remebered that during the first few years of my hair journey my hair grew the most and was at is healthiest in years. here's a list of what i used:

Shampoos

Creme of nature regular
Creme of nature ultra moisturising shampoo

Conditioners
Lekair cholesterol strengthening/conditioning cream
Nexxus Humectress
Motions CPR

Moisturisers

Profectiv Roothealth
S-curl activator
Sta-so-fro
Wildgrowth hair oil

Reconstructor

Nexxus Keraphix
Aphogee treatment for damaged hair

In light of this, I have faithfully returned to products I've listed, i really hope i can stay on track this time and discard anymore PJ habits and hopefully i'll see more progress. Just thought i'd share, can anyone relate to my story?

den1 said:
After repeated failure in purchasing and experiementing with many salon line products, such as Deep Brilliance, Keratase, L'anza, Redken etc. I've decided I'll probably never invest in salon lines again. Often after using such products my hair ended up tangled, dry, breaking, coated, just an complete utter nightmare. I remembered that during the first few years of my hair journey my hair grew the most and was at is healthiest in years. here's a list of what I used:

Shampoos

Creme of nature regular
Creme of nature ultra moisturising shampoo

Conditioners
Lekair cholesterol strengthening/conditioning cream
Nexxus Humectress
Motions CPR

Moisturisers

Profectiv Roothealth
S-curl activator
Sta-so-fro
Wildgrowth hair oil

Reconstructor

Nexxus Keraphix
Aphogee treatment for damaged hair

In light of this, I have faithfully returned to products I've listed, i really hope i can stay on track this time and discard anymore PJ habits and hopefully i'll see more progress. Just thought i'd share, can anyone relate to my story?

I am with you on that one. I don't care how much I try, I stick to most of these on your list especially my CON Ultra Moisturising Shampoo and Lekair Cholesterol Conditioner (I put Aphogee fatty Acid oil in mine. Put and cap on and sit up a dryer for about 15 minutes). Nothing does my hair better. Along with some other stuff that isn't that expensive ( I also use the Aphogee treatment for damaged hair). I like to keep it basic.

Last edited:
czyfaith77 said:
I am with you on that one. I don't care how much I try, I stick to most of these on your list especially my CON Ultra Moisturising Shampoo and Lekair Cholesterol Conditioner (I put Aphogee fatty Acid oil in mine. Put and cap on and sit up a dryer for about 15 minutes). Nothing does my hair better. Along with some other stuff that isn't that expensive ( I also use the Aphogee treatment for damaged hair). I like to keep it basic.

Yes its back to basics for me, my hair cannot take all the expensive product hopping, it gives me trouble, however as soon as i revert to my oldies, my hair cooperates and begins to thrive more naturally, you have me intrigued by the fatty acid oil included with lekair cholesterol? what are the results like in comparsion to using lekair on its own? thank-you

You have to do what you gotta do. I like some expensive stuff, but I like a lot of the cheapies too. BTW, I love your hair in your signature photo!

carrie said:
You have to do what you gotta do. I like some expensive stuff, but I like a lot of the cheapies too. BTW, I love your hair in your signature photo!
Thanks for the compliment

It's been almost two years since Motions Silk Protein Conditioner failed me. :scratchch This post has me thinking about trying it again.

um Denise your hair looks GOOD!

I was just talking to one of my friends about the Oldies But Goodies Hair Products---I always think back and say "Why did I ever stop using it?' LeKair Cholesterol and Creme of Nature are definitely Oldies But Goodies that I love--I just started back using them and I am like---Why did I ever stop buying and using these products! Happy Hair Growing Den1! :)

taraglam2 said:
I was just talking to one of my friends about the Oldies But Goodies Hair Products---I always think back and say "Why did I ever stop using it?' LeKair Cholesterol and Creme of Nature are definitely Oldies But Goodies that I love--I just started back using them and I am like---Why did I ever stop buying and using these products! Happy Hair Growing Den1! :)
ITA I defintely feel I got too caught up in the RAVES and PJism that I lost track of WHAT WORKED BEST for my hair, it just shows that consistency and simpliticity is the key for me.

anky said:
It's been almost two years since Motions Silk Protein Conditioner failed me. :scratchch This post has me thinking about trying it again.

ANKY, does your hair like silicones, because motions oil silk protein contains it....if your hair destests silicones that's probably the reason why. Thanks for the compliment.

den1 said:
ITA I defintely feel I got too caught up in the RAVES and PJism that I lost track of WHAT WORKED BEST for my hair, it just shows that consistency and simpliticity is the key for me.[/QUOTE]

Oh my, this thread is right on time for me. The PJism and jumping at the Raves has got to stop. I have too many products that I don't use because I just up and bought. The idea of going back to my hair quest starter products was just what I have been thinking about this past week.

I know the 1st thing I gotta do is start to weed out my 2 (count 'em-I said 2) 3 draw product carts. Simpler was better. I felt in control of what I was doing. Now I am like "What the heck am I doing?" I got too much hair stuff and don't know what to do with half of it.:ohwell:

It's back to the simple life for me.

Wish me luck ladies---I going in!!:armyhat:

Oh my, this thread is right on time for me. The PJism and jumping at the Raves has got to stop. I have too many products that I don't use because I just up and bought. The idea of going back to my hair quest starter products was just what I have been thinking about this past week.

I know the 1st thing I gotta do is start to weed out my 2 (count 'em-I said 2) 3 draw product carts. Simpler was better. I felt in control of what I was doing. Now I am like "What the heck am I doing?" I got too much hair stuff and don't know what to do with half of it.:ohwell:

It's back to the simple life for me.

Wish me luck ladies---I going in!!:armyhat:

ITA!! Buying so many products brought a lot of confusion and led to the downfall of my regimes, because i couuldnt seem to remain in control, in the beginning when i stuck exactly to CG method, my hair took off, i've begun this method consistently for a few months now, i never will slack off again. members like Honeylemondrop, Adrienne have very simple regimes, and use moderate products and see how much their hair has thrived. i'm taking a leaf out of their books.

anky said:

What problems did you have with the Motions Silk Protein, anky? I used it for the third time last week, and had some very straaaannnngggeee things happening with my hair. I didn't want to put it on the Motions, but I can't think of anything else I used that would cause a problem. :ohwell:

I'm going to to be sticking with the same shampoo and conditioner also. I've been switching a lot and my hair is not growing as fast.

I am happy with the health of my hair, but not the growth rate, so there is no reason for me the switch shampoos and conditioners. I my hair grew faster when I stuck with the same things.

Early on I would try all the PRODUCT RAVES plus other things in the beauty supply store that look interesting. My hair did not appreciate trying all those new things. My hair likes simple things. It does not like product buildup and it loves a deep conditioner and rollerset. Anything else including wash and go's and buns can cause stress on my hair if you can believe it. That is why I just stick to what works for me now NOTHING MORE. Therefore there will be no MTG, SURGING, braids or any other RAVES that some people swear by. Right now I wash/ deep conditioner/ rollerset 2x/week. I may do a wash and go from time to time but washing/ manipulating wet hair for me is a no go everyday.

Hi den1!

Just want you to know that I went back. Way back in time to a simpler place. I decided to return to where I started.

I have returned to my 1st routine products-Wanakee's Verifen Complex (now known as Hair Oil.com). Everything I need is in the kit. It made my hair feel soft and I loved the shine. When I was using it my hairdresser would tell me "Now this is the way hair should feel."

So, it's back to 9/8/00 for me. And I am lovin' it.:creatures :creatures :creatures

Back