Back To Low Heat

Faith

Is BB lotion and Giovanni vitapro enough as heat protectants? Both state they protect from heat damage. Also the conditioners I use (like Kenra Emollient say they protect from sun and thermal damage). Is that enough or do I have to get something that is specifically stated as a heat protectant? Thanks :)

I would have to see the ingredients to give a def. no or yes. But anything with silicones, proteins, and some moisture can protect you from heat. BUT NOT 100% The only thing that can protect you from heat 100% is abstinence lol!

If you can post me the ingredients I can tell you if I htink it is sufficient enough for heat proteion against a flat iron and Bder.

Thanks Mami ;)

Here goes:
Vitapro....
Ingredients: Aqua (purified water) with rosemary (Rosmariuns officianalis) oil, †nettle (Uritaca dioca) oil, thyme (thymus vulgaris) oil, birch leaf (butela alba) oil, †chamomile (anthemis nobilis flower) oil, †clary (salvia sclarea), †lavender (lavendula angustifolia), †coltsfoot leaf (tussilago farfara), †yarrow (achillea millefolium) oil, mallow (malva sylvestris), horsetail (equistetum arvense) oil, †soybean protein, tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, PVP/VA Copolymer, citric acid (corn), sodium hydrozymethyl-gycinate, grapefruit seed (citrus derived).

BB Lotion....
Water , Canola Oil , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Castor Oil , Polyquaternium 32 , Polysorbate 80 , Aloe Vera Gel , DL Panthenol , Diazolidinyl Urea , Methyl Paraben , Propyl Paraben , Fragrance , D&C Red No. 33

I'm thinking stick with these cause my hair is sooooo soft still and I washed 1 week ago and flatironed 5 days ago and it's never this soft this many days after. I don't want the heat protectant to mess up my flow...lol. Well see what you think of these products. Thanks :)

Faith said:
Thanks Mami ;)

Here goes:
Vitapro....
Ingredients: Aqua (purified water) with rosemary (Rosmariuns officianalis) oil, †nettle (Uritaca dioca) oil, thyme (thymus vulgaris) oil, birch leaf (butela alba) oil, †chamomile (anthemis nobilis flower) oil, †clary (salvia sclarea), †lavender (lavendula angustifolia), †coltsfoot leaf (tussilago farfara), †yarrow (achillea millefolium) oil, mallow (malva sylvestris), horsetail (equistetum arvense) oil, †soybean protein, tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, PVP/VA Copolymer, citric acid (corn), sodium hydrozymethyl-gycinate, grapefruit seed (citrus derived).

BB Lotion....
Water , Canola Oil , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Castor Oil , Polyquaternium 32 , Polysorbate 80 , Aloe Vera Gel , DL Panthenol , Diazolidinyl Urea , Methyl Paraben , Propyl Paraben , Fragrance , D&C Red No. 33

I'm thinking stick with these cause my hair is sooooo soft still and I washed 1 week ago and flatironed 5 days ago and it's never this soft this many days after. I don't want the heat protectant to mess up my flow...lol. Well see what you think of these products. Thanks :)

Personally, I don't see anything that I would call "protection' except the bolded/underlined word and it's pretty far down the list to even make a difference.

It's mostly oils which I have a little theory of my own that is not to good for the hair, in excess prior to flat ironing. It's like 'cooking' it. If you want some protection,You can try something very light Like VO5 Miracle Mist Heat Defense/Tresemme Heat Tamer (same ingredients) before flat ironing. It's SO light it feels like you have no product in the hair at all (if used properly)

873869.jpg
875062.jpg

Btw, I don't blowdry...just the flatiron on low.

ETA: Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into both products :)

Back