Back on the Baggie Challenge - 30 days

Ok--this is the last week! Last week I switched it up cuz I went from natural to relaxed--now I am bagging my ends at night only.

My hair is really thanking me! I am going to have to do this for the month of April as well.

Hope you guys are having success too!

So far so good. The breakage fairy has left me alone for the time being. I think I may be back on track.

Ladies come back with updates on 3/31.

I'm wit cha ayoung. Funny thing happened to me this weekend. My mom was in town and I am so use to wearing the baggie and everyone in the house is use to seeing me with it as well. My S.O. don't even bother asking me what it's for, he just knows I'm on a mission. Anyway, I took my phony bun off and my mom looked at me and was like, "what in the hell is on your hair?!" (meaning the baggie):lol: I told her it's my baggie for my ends. I was explaining to her what benefits I get from it. She was like "child, what will you think of next?" :lol: I'm laughing to myself because I don't even think twice about that baggie on my head anymore. She must have thought I have lost my mind wasting plastic bags like that. It's all good though...I'ma do it for another month. When my hair is down to my bra strap, then she'll be wanting to slap a baggie on her ends too.

Are you ladie still doing this? How is it going!

I want to join! I baggied last night and I am in love!! I want to start doing this permantly!

I've been doing the baggie method for about 2 weeks and I too am hooked!! I'll do it with you if you want some company:look: .

Catina72 said:
I've been doing the baggie method for about 2 weeks and I too am hooked!! I'll do it with you if you want some company:look: .

Thankyou very much! I am glad that I have a partner! I was wondering if you ladies only do this overnight?

Some days I wear my ponytail out and I was wondering if my ends will convert back to it's dry ways? I take the baggie off and my hair is so soft and moisturized!

Since I wear the phony pony during the day I have my baggie underneath. And at night I take the pony off and wrap the satin scarf around my head. It is looking so nice too:grin: .

Catina72 said:
Since I wear the phony pony during the day I have my baggie underneath. And at night I take the pony off and wrap the satin scarf around my head. It is looking so nice too:grin: .

Oooh okay, I was thinking of doing the oppsite!

Wearing my baggie at night and during the day I take the baggie off when I wear my pony out. But when I wear the phony pony I will keep it on. Thanks so much for your helps!

I'd like to join in. I just started last week wearing my baggie at night and taking it off in the morning. I've been wearing a phony pony but I didn't know if keeping my hair damp all day would be harmful or not so I haven't worn the bag under it. Is it okay to wear it day and night?

Hey ladies. I'll be back on in a week or so. I'm giving myself (and my hair) a break from the bun. When I am 3 weeks post touch up I'll go back to the bun during the day and baggie at night. Are we saying this is another challenge? I'm ready if you are. :)

gradygirl said:
I'd like to join in. I just started last week wearing my baggie at night and taking it off in the morning. I've been wearing a phony pony but I didn't know if keeping my hair damp all day would be harmful or not so I haven't worn the bag under it. Is it okay to wear it day and night?
I don't know but this is the way I'm doing it. I co wash 2 x per week, regular wash 3 x per week, and rinse it under the shower the other 2 days. Each day I swear it feels longer! Its working for me. I've been doing it this way for 2 weeks.

Catina72 said:
I don't know but this is the way I'm doing it. I co wash 2 x per week, regular wash 3 x per week, and rinse it under the shower the other 2 days. Each day I swear it feels longer! Its working for me. I've been doing it this way for 2 weeks.
Thanks i'm going to see how it works for me keeping my hair bagged under my phony. I'm definately up for a baggie challenge.

I know I'm late....but count me in. My ends have been suffering lately. Just cut over an inch! I'd like to actually retain some growth this summer. I'll probably use my good ol' water/conditioner/coconut oil concoction! Haven't decided which conditioner to use yet.

simplycee said:
Hey ladies. I'll be back on in a week or so. I'm giving myself (and my hair) a break from the bun. When I am 3 weeks post touch up I'll go back to the bun during the day and baggie at night. Are we saying this is another challenge? I'm ready if you are. :)

I'm ready when ya'll are! How long we gonna hold out?

Does me doing the baggie ONLY at night and sometimes during the day also count?

I'm down. I tried the baggie method in Feb but didn't care for it (saw no difference) but now I am experiencing more shedding and breakage so I'm gonna baggie everynight and wear my stocking over my bun during the day (just like I wear the baggie over the bun at night). Do you think I could just use the Hollywood beauty carrot oil and put the baggie on or should I use the S Curl or something else? What suggestions do you have?

As of today I am back on this challenge. I will only baggie at night and wear a bun during the day. I'm going for 30 days.

MissFallon said:
I'm down. I tried the baggie method in Feb but didn't care for it (saw no difference) but now I am experiencing more shedding and breakage so I'm gonna baggie everynight and wear my stocking over my bun during the day (just like I wear the baggie over the bun at night). Do you think I could just use the Hollywood beauty carrot oil and put the baggie on or should I use the S Curl or something else? What suggestions do you have?

A lot of people have had success with the scurl but I think either will do. Maybe you can use one of them for a while and see which one helps you retain the most moisture.

SimplyCee, I will go on until around July 1st which is my next touch-up!

MizaniMami said:
SimplyCee, I will go on until around July 1st which is my next touch-up!

Sounds like a plan. I'mma check up on you too. :lol: Are you only doing the baggie at night like I am and bun during the day?

For this challenge I will wash every 3 days, deep con once a week, bun up after conditioning and dry under a hood dryer for 30 mins.

simplycee said:
Sounds like a plan. I'mma check up on you too. :lol: Are you only doing the baggie at night like I am and bun during the day?

For this challenge I will wash every 3 days, deep con once a week, bun up after conditioning and dry under a hood dryer for 30 mins.

Alright girl :grin:

But yeah, I wash and deep condition twice a week and apply my scarf at night along with the baggie. I either wear my ponytail out or in a phony pony with the baggie under. But that's only about 2 times per week. That little comb in the phony pony is hard to take out.

I am going to be bumping this thread every now and then!

I'll join in too. My next touchup is July 1st so I'll be wearing my baggie to bed and under my half wig that I'm wearing until touchup time.

gradygirl said:
I'll join in too. My next touchup is July 1st so I'll be wearing my baggie to bed and under my half wig that I'm wearing until touchup time.

This sounds like a good idea too.

I'm in...I want to see 1" or more by next touch up. I'll co wash on Wednesdays and DC-shampoo on Saturdays. And I'll be phony-tailing it for something different.

I have a question ladies i used to baggie with s curl and would get small bits of breakage I was thinking of using humectress and some coconut oil under the baggies day and night . Will the moisture cause me to get breakage or should I just do it in the day or night and let my hair out for some air to dry. I am thinking about cowashing every other day until touch up which is 4 more weeks and I am currently doing the cpr breakage technique which I must say is working out great for my hair. anyway I wanted to use a phonypony everyday to work until my touchup time and then just baggie at night. any suggestions? sorry for the long post

NYRICAN1 said:
I have a question ladies i used to baggie with s curl and would get small bits of breakage I was thinking of using humectress and some coconut oil under the baggies day and night . Will the moisture cause me to get breakage or should I just do it in the day or night and let my hair out for some air to dry. I am thinking about cowashing every other day until touch up which is 4 more weeks and I am currently doing the cpr breakage technique which I must say is working out great for my hair. anyway I wanted to use a phonypony everyday to work until my touchup time and then just baggie at night. any suggestions? sorry for the long post

Hey there, I used Humectress one night when I baggied and got a lot of breakage and my hair was sooo mushy the next day. Humectress was waaaaay too moisturizing for my hair (for the baggie), plus the fact that I used too much.

I used Scurl the other night and my hair came out perfect and soft. I would say try the humectress BUT DO NOT get heavy handed, if you need more you can try adding it the next time.

Also, do not use a lot of moisturizer. You hair may have been too wet/moisturized, as that is very easy to do when you are baggying!

I'm late, but count me in please. I have been traveling alot and neglecting my head. Luckily, there isn't too much damage, but my ends are lookin craaaaaazzzzyyy.

MizaniMami said:
Hey there, I used Humectress one night when I baggied and got a lot of breakage and my hair was sooo mushy the next day. Humectress was waaaaay too moisturizing for my hair (for the baggie), plus the fact that I used too much.

I used Scurl the other night and my hair came out perfect and soft. I would say try the humectress BUT DO NOT get heavy handed, if you need more you can try adding it the next time.

Also, do not use a lot of moisturizer. You hair may have been too wet/moisturized, as that is very easy to do when you are baggying!

thanx i will just use a tad bit of humectress and try it out and maybe ill try scurl again maybe i used too much the last time

I'm late but I'd like to join too.
I've been using a baggie with my half wig to retain length.
Here my plan:
Co-wash Monday/Wednesday/Friday with VO5 Moisture Max, rinse with ACV or distilled vinegar, moisturize hair with aloe vera gel, Pantene light spray conditioner, and Motions Nourish Leave in conditioner, Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Reconstructer and African Pride Oils as well as a ton of Vaseline on my ends - then I'll add the baggie.
Tuesday/Thursday- Moisturize with MTG and Miconazole Nitrate.
Saturday Wash with Garlic Shampoo or Pantene Breakage Defense Shampoo or Keracare Moisturizing Shampoo, ACV or distilled vinegar rinse, deep condition with Garnier Deep conditioner and Keracare Moisturizing conditioner. Add above moisturizers and then baggie.

It's all about retaining length!!

Back