Back of hair groing faster

KrimsonKween

I have noticed that the back of my hair is about 2 inches from touching my shoulders, and the rest is barely touching the bottom of my ear.

Has anyone noticed the back of their hair grows faster. If so do u cute to let is all kinda grow together.

My hair grows like this, I could rock a mean shag or a mullet if they were in style!! LOL I just have to keep cutting it until it evens out....Unless we can get the shag to come back instyle!....I'm just sayin:look:

Yeah - my hair is like this too. The back is not only longer - it is thicker and honesty feels healthier than the front.

IDK why that is. I always thought it was due to less manipulation back there.

I have noticed that the back of my hair is about 2 inches from touching my shoulders, and the rest is barely touching the bottom of my ear.

Has anyone noticed the back of their hair grows faster. If so do u cute to let is all kinda grow together.

Yes, when my hair was growing back I cut it twice after it hit neck length b/c the back grew so much faster I had somewhat of a mullet look. :perplexed

Mine too. I'm not cutting for now as my ends are in really good shape...I'm wearing a half-wig for work, and I do a wash-n-go on the weekends if I don't have plans to go out.

I am glad to hear I am not the only one.

Growing out short layers on the top has been sooo hard for me. I end up cutting inches and inches off the back over time because it grows so much faster.

I am wearing braids for now to try to get ahead. I have been applying some growth aid to those shorter sections only to give them a boost to catch up a bit.

I don't think my hair grows faster, but it seems longer since it is closer to the nape. I measured and my hair is between 5.5- 6 inches all over, even in the back, but I ain't cuttin'! I may need that hair in the nape because it may have a terminal length to only grow at this length. Who knows? :rolleyes:

Yeah - my hair is like this too. The back is not only longer - it is thicker and honesty feels healthier than the front.

IDK why that is. I always thought it was due to less manipulation back there.
Mine is the exact opposite with the front growing faster; it is more moisturized and breaks and sheds less.

As frustrating as it is to have the uneven growth, it is better to have the back longer than the front. It looks like you have bangs or layers at the front whereas a shorter back just looks like an extremely bad haircut. :nono:

The back of my hair grows the fastest. I kinda hate it, since it makes my hair look a bit mullet-ish. But it's only about an inch long than the rest, and my hair's layered, so the difference is camouflaged.

Mine does too... It's crazy because I was just thinking about that right before I got on just now. But, I hope it doesn't continue to break off. My breakage is because of weaves.

I don't think my hair grows faster, but it seems longer since it is closer to the nape. I measured and my hair is between 5.5- 6 inches all over, even in the back, but I ain't cuttin'! I may need that hair in the nape because it may have a terminal length to only grow at this length. Who knows? :rolleyes:

Yep! This is my experience. I chopped all my hair off in February 2007. Given that cut, when my hair started growing out it grew out in layers, so the back is naturally longer. I decided that as long as my ends were healthy, I would wait until the longest part of my hair is APL then get it all cut back to SL and let it gorw evenly from there.

I thought I was the only one! :yep: My hair in the back is more silky, thinner, and longer than the rest of my hair! Its like a duck tail! I always cut more in this area to even it out, but it always grows back hella fast! So for now its the only part that hits BSL so I leave it alone, to make me feel better! My crown is the shortest, thicker and most breakage area! Anyone else have this too!

Mine is the exact opposite with the front growing faster; it is more moisturized and breaks and sheds less.

As frustrating as it is to have the uneven growth, it is better to have the back longer than the front. It looks like you have bangs or layers at the front whereas a shorter back just looks like an extremely bad haircut. :nono:

I agree totally. My hair is shorter in the back and to top it off my curl pattern is looser inthe front, so it really accentuates the difference.

Mine is the opposite. My hair looks like a W - long on the sides, short in the back middle.

See attached.

I don't think there's any way to make it look right without cutting!

Attachments

• September 7.jpg
    September 7.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 4
Same with me. I'm always evening up the back from ear to ear because the rest seems to grow at a slower rate.

My back grows faster too. Only since I've been natural, though :confused:. I don't cut it, because you can't really see it anyway. My crown grows the slowest.

I'm with you ladies...my hair will be down my back and the front will still be at my eyebrows. I could NEVER rock an inverted bob. :nono: I've always hated that my hair grows like this but I guess it could be worse. My mom and sis can't get any length in the back at all.

lol, i know having the front longer only works if you are wearing a bob, if not its difficult to sport

My hair also grows longer in the back than the front. Miss*Tress states that it is better to be longer in the back than the front which is what my best friend always says too. I always say the opposite because with my front hair just barely grazing my nose, when I pull my hair back it looks like a big poof in the front. I can't wait for my hair to finally be one length.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Back