Back again and I need help (LONG)

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
Hello Ladies! It's been a very long time since I've been active and I have to comeback to the source that first made me decide to start taking better care of my hair. Well let me give some background... I went natural in 2012...one main reason was that my edges were practically nonexistent after I gave birth. It looked worse and worse with each relaxer so I decided to stretch them then finally just gave in decided to go natural. Anyhow, I had some set backs with my natural hair but finally got to the point I could manage it until a couple of months ago when I seem to have several knots. I just was recommended to get my ends cut so I did and also got it straightened it was my first time since being natural. Well it didn't revert... Well attest half of it didn't. I couldn't style my hair and I was literally depressed. I wanted to shave it off and start over but my fiancé was against it and so I decided to relax... Now it's breaking so much, and I don't know what to do... I've DC'd protein treated and everything. My hair didn't seem heat damaged beforehand just straight. Now I fear I was mistaken... Does anyone have any advice that doesn't require me chopping off all my hair? I kinda like to get back to what it was sooner than later lol.

Picture Legend..
1) a year prior to natural... I wore weaves to transition.
2) last natural pic
3)thermal press
4)

Attachments

• image-2146514188.jpg
    image-2146514188.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 79
the only thing you can do is transition. but just make sure after you do a protein treatment, you follow up with a moisturizing treatment. (non protein based conditioner) i usually do a protein treatment first, shampoo my hair, then follow with a dc treatment under the dryer for 20 mins.

you already know how to transition. is your hair cut into a style?

Last edited:
No it's not cut into a style... just blunt cut and shoulder length. It's currently braided under a wig. And I'm going to stay relaxed this time... I remember the transition struggle and my relaxed hair prior to natural was seemingly easier to manage...

Back