Ayurvedic Hair Growth Updates?

I think I may have to try DenverGirl's powder/conditioner co-wash recipe. I don't co-wash much but this seems like a good idea seeing that I have an amazing stash of most ayurveda powders and oils, and many dfferent types of conditioners. You don't believe me - then check out my product list in my fotki:grin::drunk::spinning:. No password needed.

girl girl girl...your fotki is amazing...i am so jealous of your product collection...I have so much to learn...You are beautiful.

I think I may have to try DenverGirl's powder/conditioner co-wash recipe. I don't co-wash much but this seems like a good idea seeing that I have an amazing stash of most ayurveda powders and oils, and many dfferent types of conditioners. You don't believe me - then check out my product list in my fotki:grin::drunk::spinning:. No password needed.

:nono::nono::nono: Well I never, mi nevr see nuthin lik dis ya. Girl are we going to have to recommend counseling for you? I am writing Oprah. how are you going to prevent some of that from going bad on you? You can definately do reviews. Perhaps you could start you a little side thing offering healthy hair service.

Introduce Ayurvedic
Offer Weekly deep conditioning for growth
Offer to help people figure out their hair and help them with a regimen.

That's me I am always looking for the $$$$
You do have some stuff I won't mind having though.

:nono::nono::nono: Well I never, mi nevr see nuthin lik dis ya. Girl are we going to have to recommend counseling for you? I am writing Oprah. how are you going to prevent some of that from going bad on you? You can definately do reviews. Perhaps you could start you a little side thing offering healthy hair service.

Introduce Ayurvedic
Offer Weekly deep conditioning for growth
Offer to help people figure out their hair and help them with a regimen.

That's me I am always looking for the $$$$
You do have some stuff I won't mind having though.

Aggie *Hangs head down in utter shame:nono:*. I know I have a lot of products but I share with friends and family happily. They won't go bad on me and I don't mind helping them out. I just had a few things arrived today, but I am waiting for the rest to come before I take pics of them. Once the other products arrive, I will be taking a long break from hair product purchases except for my staples that run out on me. There are quite a bit that I will not be re-ordering and that's good news.

Aggie *Hangs head down in utter shame:nono:*. I know I have a lot of products but I share with friends and family happily. They won't go bad on me and I don't mind helping them out. I just had a few things arrived today, but I am waiting for the rest to come before I take pics of them. Once the other products arrive, I will be taking a long break from hair product purchases except for my staples that run out on me. There are quite a bit that I will not be re-ordering and that's good news.

Well that's good you are helping others out. Just reading your post on this forum you seem to be a very kind and giving person. The lord loves a cheerfull giver.
It would have been a mess if you had all those products and your hair was jacked up. But your hair is beautiful so I guess having all those products is justifiable.

OT: We all have some vice, mines is Shoes is there a shoe discussion on this forum? Let me go search.

Well that's good you are helping others out. Just reading your post on this forum you seem to be a very kind and giving person. The lord loves a cheerfull giver.
It would have been a mess if you had all those products and your hair was jacked up. But your hair is beautiful so I guess having all those products is justifiable.

OT: We all have some vice, mines is Shoes is there a shoe discussion on this forum? Let me go search.

This is too funny:grin:. At least it's not drugs for us, right?

I don't know if its the Ayurvedic oils and powders, but OMG, I can't believe how close I am to APL after stretching my hair this morning.
I wish I had a before picture of the same area stretched, but believe me this is some serious growth.
I do have wet hair comparison shots however, but plan to flat iron in July to do an official growth update.
The first one was taken on the 26th of March and the second on the 14th May, so about 8 weeks apart.

wow,it really did grow a lot AND thicken up :thumbsup: vesta
what products are you using?

This is too funny:grin:. At least it's not drugs for us, right?

dang why'd you have to call me out like that... didn't ya know i'm a caffine addict? :lachen:

interesting results y'all. trying to decide whether or not to jump onto this bandwagon...

dang why'd you have to call me out like that... didn't ya know i'm a caffine addict? :lachen:

interesting results y'all. trying to decide whether or not to jump onto this bandwagon...

I can almost gaurantee you that once you do and see the amazing results, you will never turn back and you'll be hooked.

I love these products and they have done nothing but good for my hair in terms of strength, elasticity and thickness. The length will come automatically.

wow,it really did grow a lot AND thicken up :thumbsup: vesta
what products are you using?

Hey Blaque!

I don't really use a lot of products, and I'm no expert, but the pj in my is slowly subsiding because I think I've nearly found what works for me. I'm very early on in my 'haircare journey' so I will be cuttig down on this list when I use up some of my products and I may find others that work for me better.

Moisture and Sealing
Care Free Curl
Carrot Oil
Vatika Oil/Almond Oil

Hot Oil Treatments/Scalp Massages
Bhringraj Oil/Shikakai Oil/Brahmi Amla Oil/Den's Elixir/Wild Growth Oil/Tea Tree Oil

Washing
Indian Powders: Shikakai/Brahmi/Amla/Aritha/Kalpi Tone/Maka/Neem
Shikakai Bar/Aubrey Organics Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo

Conditioning/Deep Conditioning
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
ORS Hair Mayonnaise
D&L Ultra Cholesterol

Wow! Your hair looks great in your avatar. I also love your natural curls in your last ziggy pic. Beautiful hair!

Hey Blaque!

I don't really use a lot of products, and I'm no expert, but the pj in my is slowly subsiding because I think I've nearly found what works for me. I'm very early on in my 'haircare journey' so I will be cuttig down on this list when I use up some of my products and I may find others that work for me better.

Moisture and Sealing
Care Free Curl
Carrot Oil
Vatika Oil/Almond Oil

Bhringraj Oil/Shikakai Oil/Brahmi Amla Oil/Den's Elixir/Wild Growth Oil/Tea Tree Oil

Washing

ORS Hair Mayonnaise
D&L Ultra Cholesterol

Girl vestaluv1, I have all these products except the AO honeysuckle Rose and the Ulta cholesterol, but the AO honeysuckle rose has been on my wish list for a very long time. How is that working for your hair? Does it provide any slip at all?

Girl vestaluv1, I have all these products except the AO honeysuckle Rose and the Ulta cholesterol, but the AO honeysuckle rose has been on my wish list for a very long time. How is that working for your hair? Does it provide any slip at all?

I'm not trading my Honeysuckle Rose for NUTHIN'! :naughty:
I have to use quite a lot of it mind you, but it does provide a good amount of slip and has a nice thick consistency :yep:. I really need a conditioner that detangles well because my new growth is getting outta control :wallbash:.
I have really fine hair and it moisturises and softens my hair without weighing it down.
Oh, and it smells lush :lick:.
Try it...you might like it! :yep:

I'm not trading my Honeysuckle Rose for NUTHIN'! :naughty:
I have to use quite a lot of it mind you, but it does provide a good amount of slip and has a nice thick consistency :yep:. I really need a conditioner that detangles well because my new growth is getting outta control :wallbash:.
I have really fine hair and it moisturises and softens my hair without weighing it down.
Oh, and it smells lush :lick:.
Try it...you might like it! :yep:

Thanks for the review vestaluv1. I have a 1 day pass for my Buy nothing for May 2008, and I will be using that pass for my May 31st, 2008 purchases and add that to the list hopefully, however, I have some other things on that same list, so I'll see which ones I want first.

Thanks for the review vestaluv1. I have a 1 day pass for my Buy nothing for May 2008, and I will be using that pass for my May 31st, 2008 purchases and add that to the list hopefully, however, I have some other things on that same list, so I'll see which ones I want first.

Girl, I've seen your Fotki! You could open your own BSS :lachen:.
What could you possibly have on that list :grin:.

Girl, I've seen your Fotki! You could open your own BSS :lachen:.
What could you possibly have on that list :grin:.

Hmmm, the AO honeysuckle Rose conditioner, Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisturizer, a moisture lock sleep cap, 4-6 VO5 conditioners for co-washing and washing out my henna and ayurveda powders, a BB Oil Moisturizing hair lotion, an additional MT Rehydrant Spray, and an additional MT Creme Rinse. I'll see what I have and try to scale this list back a bit, lol.

I can almost gaurantee you that once you do and see the amazing results, you will never turn back and you'll be hooked.

i am in a hair-product-binge mood right now, trying to control myself... :look: but after having to cut some hair i am looking at this thread more seriously...

Wow! Your hair looks great in your avatar. I also love your natural curls in your last ziggy pic. Beautiful hair!

thank you sweetie :grin:

I love these oils and powders and will continue to use them. I made DenverGirls recipe for a conditioner with the powders and coconut oil and it works very well. I put shikakai oil all over my hair first for about 1 hour, then I rinse it out for about 5 minutes and then add my conditioner/powder/coconut oil concoction to my hair with plastic cap and leave it on for 1 hour. I added amla powder to my conditioner as my base and then added other powders while DenverGirl's recipe used shikakai powder. I wanted more of a moisturising conditioner so I used the powders that Candy_C recommended and my hair is sooo very moisturised. I have only been using this conditioner for about 2 weeks and it seems like my hair is getting thicker. I'm due for my touchup on June 5 and I'm not going to get a trim this time, so I will let everyone know how much my hair has grown. I love these powders and mixed with the coconut oil it really is doing good by my hair. Also this conditioner smells sooooo good! Thanks again DenverGirl, I love it!

Can some one PM me the link to DenverGirl's recipe?

Can some one PM me the link to DenverGirl's recipe?

I really don't know how to post a link, perhaps someone else can help you. But you can do a search for -***AYURVEDA WARNING*** Shikai-Co Wash and it will bring it up for you. She has a fotki with pictures that walks you through how to do it.

I have a tweaked version of DG's recipe in my fotki as well. This is the best ayurveda recipe that I have ever used on my hair. My hair turned out unbelieveably soft and silky.

I also have version of it. OMG Im in love with this way of co washing. In my fotki I also created a step my step guide. I flat ironed today (as best I could )and I cannot believe how thick my hair has gotten. Im sticking to this for life.

Last edited:
I love these oils and powders and will continue to use them. I made DenverGirls recipe for a conditioner with the powders and coconut oil and it works very well. I put shikakai oil all over my hair first for about 1 hour, then I rinse it out for about 5 minutes and then add my conditioner/powder/coconut oil concoction to my hair with plastic cap and leave it on for 1 hour. I added amla powder to my conditioner as my base and then added other powders while DenverGirl's recipe used shikakai powder. I wanted more of a moisturising conditioner so I used the powders that Candy_C recommended and my hair is sooo very moisturised. I have only been using this conditioner for about 2 weeks and it seems like my hair is getting thicker. I'm due for my touchup on June 5 and I'm not going to get a trim this time, so I will let everyone know how much my hair has grown. I love these powders and mixed with the coconut oil it really is doing good by my hair. Also this conditioner smells sooooo good! Thanks again DenverGirl, I love it!
Hey Fancy, How do you measure your Amla powder etc. with conditioners?

Anna

Hey, ladies! I am glad to hear that the CW recipe is working out for so many of you! Please do not hesitate to PM me if you have any questions about it. Thanks for trying it out, it is like one the best hair "products" that I have in my stash so far :yep:

HHG!

Hey Blaque!

Moisture and Sealing
Care Free Curl
Carrot Oil
Vatika Oil/Almond Oil

Washing

ORS Hair Mayonnaise
D&L Ultra Cholesterol

you have great products:grin:
what a great start to your journey ;)

Thanks to you all and CandyC I went and ordered the whole indian store last night!
I bought Shikaki Oil, Amla Oil, Vatika Oil, Shikakai Powder, Amla Powder & Brahmi Powder.
I hope I get the results you all have! I would love to have thick hair.
Thanks ladies and I hope you all keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Back