Aybody notice that lottabody has slip?

Lilmama1011

I'm always looking to switch out my non natural products for natural products when it's done, but I think I might stick with lottabody. I was looking to use Jane Carter since its all natural but now I don't think so. I'm actually starting to notice I like a lot of non natural products better than natural products unless they are leave ins and oil. I went to take a old flexi rod set and re set it just damping it with my spray mixture, moisturize and seal and added some lotta body and comb was sliding through like it was on ice! Anybody else enjoy lotta body because of that? I'm pretty sure some like it as a hold as well

What are you using the lotta body for. That stuff makes me cringe. I remember when I loved it back in the day though.

I do admit if you use a lot it does have a slight crispness to it but I know my hair isn't dried out because I double moisturize and seal and the following night I moisturize and seal again which over the days it decreases and gives a good hold

lol. When I use to use it, it was as a heat protectant so it was the foam effect. It'd make my hair hard and I swore it was breaking my hair though it wasn't. Foams are bad in my hair, so not to long ago I debated on buying some for my roller sets but when I remembered all the effects every foam has given me, including lotta body, I put the bottle down.

Its not a bad product at all, but my hair seems to only behave with serums. You are really able to use it on dry hair?

lol. When I use to use it, it was as a heat protectant so it was the foam effect. It'd make my hair hard and I swore it was breaking my hair though it wasn't. Foams are bad in my hair, so not to long ago I debated on buying some for my roller sets but when I remembered all the effects every foam has given me, including lotta body, I put the bottle down.

Its not a bad product at all, but my hair seems to only behave with serums. You are really able to use it on dry hair?

It's not the foam one. It's the one you put in another bottle and add half water Saludable84

I don't think I would like the foam one that's why I'm rethinking Jane carter. I put it in a small spray bottle and spray it and it wets my hair and gives it slip

I don't think I would like the foam one that's why I'm rethinking Jane carter. I put it in a small spray bottle and spray it and it wets my hair and gives it slip

If it works go for it. Natural oils weigh my hair down while cone filled oils don't. I know your reason for preferring non natural products over natural ones. You like it, you use it!

Please excuse my iPhone

If it works go for it. Natural oils weigh my hair down while cone filled oils don't. I know your reason for preferring non natural products over natural ones. You like it, you use it!

Please excuse my iPhone

Even though I wish so badly that natural products work better but it doesn't. I did the whole natural thing this year and last and I didn't enjoy wash days. If non natural hair helps me manage and keeps the hair on my head better than natural why not? Lol

from what I recall lottabody makes hair hard... it may provide for slip, but it will dry like no other if too much is used.. I may revisit, but only the travel size that should last me about a year, I will mix with something more moisturizing... only going to use lottabody for that tremendous hold it has...

from what I recall lottabody makes hair hard... it may provide for slip, but it will dry like no other if too much is used.. I may revisit, but only the travel size that should last me about a year, I will mix with something more moisturizing... only going to use lottabody for that tremendous hold it has...

It can make hair hard but it doesn't have to. You can dilute it to your liking. My sets come out with a slight hold that's easily combed out.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Used lotta body on my braid out on a whim and yes it has great slip for me and my braid out came out stellar!! Definitely going to do this again...oh and I am natural

anyone using lotta body on natural hair?

Yes. Type 4a-c very fine strands.

I've used it for curlformers and regular roller sets. It's great. Took me a while to figure out dilution for my hair. I use another now because it did dry out my hair over time when I was setting every week. Now I know I just have to vary styles more. Might try it again.

It gives ok slip. My hair is really kinky. I get super slip more from conditooners

I love love love Lottabody! It's a staple of mine. It can make your hair hard if your solution isn't quite right. But it holds a roller set like no other! Humidity and all…

It's not the foam one. It's the one you put in another bottle and add half water Saludable84

i have used Lottabody for years and always did the same technique lilmam1011, 1/2 water to 1/2 solution. i never experienced crispiness just a nice firm hold. If it got a little hard i just scrunched with a little EVOO or Hot 6 oil. :yep:

Back