Avocado Butter For Hair

I would like to try this for the colder winter months when I bun my hair. Is there a particular brand of Avocado butter that any of you would recommend? I do not use silicones or -xanes and would prefer 100% natural or organic if there is a choice. thanks in advance.

This is a great thread. I just got some avodaco butter from sheabutter cottage online and I can't wait to use it on my hair this winter! :)

Avacado butter? YUM! My first thought was "is it edible?" :lol: I think I am going to experiment with it this winter as well. I am going to Germany for Christmas so i'll be needing some extra thick loving :blush:

I think like anything you just gotta play around and find the amount thats right for your hair:yep:

I bought my first batch from there last month. That and some coffee and shea butter. Only problem is that it took forever to ship--- I was losing hope! :lol:

Really??? I've never had that problem with them. I've always received my order within 7 days, usually less. How much did you order?

Really??? I've never had that problem with them. I've always received my order within 7 days, usually less. How much did you order?

I ordered about 2lbs of shea, 1lb avocado, and 1/2lb of the coffee butter. One of them came later than the others b/c it was out of stock I believe, but it still took a hot minute for the first thing to arrive. It felt like at least 2 weeks. I like the butters though! Wish the avocado butter had a smell of some kind. Seems kinda odd not to have scent-- but then again what do avocados smell like?

CamdenGrey.com
I like the variety in this site, they've got a lot of goodies there to help me customize and create my own products. They also have Palm Oil/Butter - which is a key ingredient in the Ojon Restorative Treatment. Hmmm... :o) It looks like shipping is $8.95 flat rate if you are under 4 lbs too. And the pricing for their products is very competitive.

SheaNMore.com
It looks like some of their butters are refined, which would be helpful for my BFF who is allergic to almost everything that isnt refined. This site offers first class shipping for $4.95, which is good if you don't buy to much. Unfortunately they don't have the same variety of butters. But a good competitive price for what they do have, and again the fact that its refined is great for my friend.

Thanks much!!

Last edited:
I ordered about 2lbs of shea, 1lb avocado, and 1/2lb of the coffee butter. One of them came later than the others b/c it was out of stock I believe, but it still took a hot minute for the first thing to arrive. It felt like at least 2 weeks. I like the butters though! Wish the avocado butter had a smell of some kind. Seems kinda odd not to have scent-- but then again what do avocados smell like?

Hmm. Hard to describe. The ripe avocados I buy from the store have a very mild nutty/green veggie scent when I eat/cook with them . I can smell them when I make guacamole, but it just smells fresh and green. However, the Spectrum 100% avocado oil I use doesn't have much of a scent. The oil from the avocado smells very faint, a mild nutty green smell. And the oil is clear. So I wouldn't think it too strange if there isn't a strong scent with the Avocado Butter?

The Camden Grey website did have a note that they have now entered into their busiest time of the season this week - with MINIMUM 2 days order processing + shipping time. So maybe that played into your recent order delay then too, but they didnt have the notice up?

Its always helpful to hear personal feedback on site/product recommendations/experiences. I like to work from referrals, it helps reduce some of the risk of a negative online experience.

CamdenGrey.com
I like the variety in this site, they've got a lot of goodies there to help me customize and create my own products. They also have Palm Oil/Butter - which is a key ingredient in the Ojon Restorative Treatment. Hmmm... :o) It looks like shipping is $8.95 flat rate if you are under 4 lbs too. And the pricing for their products is very competitive.

SheaNMore.com
It looks like some of their butters are refined, which would be helpful for my BFF who is allergic to almost everything that isnt refined. This site offers first class shipping for $4.95, which is good if you don't buy to much. Unfortunately they don't have the same variety of butters. But a good competitive price for what they do have, and again the fact that its refined is great for my friend.

Thanks much!!

You're welcome!
icon7.gif

I sealed with a mix of avocado butter and wheat germ oil one week ago and it has been my best hair week ever (on top of a thick conditioner: AO white camellia as a leave in). very elastic, no frizz and supershiny. I'm very impressed. I don't understand why I stopped using it 1 year ago... and it works so well with wheat germ...

Yes,Avocado butter is awesome ..Especially after you wash your hair & add some oil to the ends (oil of your choice)...

*I get mine Texas Naturals supply...

Happy Hair Growing!

Thought I'd bump this thread b/c I just got my avocado butter from Camden Grey and I'm in love! :love: I really was hoping it did have a smell though like another poster said. But still an awesome feeling butter regardless!

I recently bought some avocado butter recently cant wait to use it i think my sole use for butters will be for fluffing out hair

Back