Avid Exerciser HELP! Need a hair Regimen

Cholet112

Hey guys,

I am new to the board. I see that a lot of you ladies have wonderful hair regimens. But I havent found any that workout daily who sweat heavily in their hair. I workout 6 days a week and I sweat to the point where it looks like I have washed may hair. Can someone provide me with a regimen that wont hender my hair so that it will continue to be healthy and grow long?:D

I'm new to the board too! Have you tried cowashing or even rinsing your hair with plain water when it gets sweaty?

I also exercise regularly, and I've found that wearing a plain ol' cotton bandana on my head during a workout helps to absorb excess sweat...especially around my hairline. I also wear my hair pulled back while exercising.

lately, i've been conditioner washing my hair and slapping it back into a ponytail I let it air dry on the way to work.

usually, i'll conditioner wash, airdry, roll with flexis, go to work, then hit the gym.

since my hair is texlaxed, i do not worrry about sweat making my hair poufy because it's already poufy. :lol:

Hey Precious,

I thought the bandanas tend to dry the hair out? Thats why I have never used them. But I will probably start CW everyday, or every other day and wearing the ponytail. The only thing that concerns me is that my hair will start to break off where the ponytail is and keeping my ends moisturized.

I work out too, and I conditioner wash and then air dry in a ponytail. I use Salerm 21 as my leave in and this keeps my hair moist. I tuck the ponytail under into a little bun while working out and this seems to help. :)

Cholet112 said:
Hey Precious,

I thought the bandanas tend to dry the hair out? Thats why I have never used them. But I will probably start CW everyday, or every other day and wearing the ponytail. The only thing that concerns me is that my hair will start to break off where the ponytail is and keeping my ends moisturized.

Yes, well, they ARE cotton, which is a hair no-no. But if you're only wearing it for a short period of time (an hour or so), I don't think it would wreck your hair. I just make sure to put on a little extra moisturizer. Also, instead of a ponytail, try twisting your hair up in a French roll or something similar. Bobby pins are your friend!

Back