Aveda vs. Abba vs. ? - Which to choose

Neala21

Ladies,

I am looking for a better product line in comparison to Joico but this time a sulfate free more natural type line that can provide me with the following:

• Great Cleansing of the Scalp and Hair without stripping or drying it out (I am relaxed but have lots of texture left in my hair as I am not bone straight)
  • Very Moisturizing Conditioner : daily and deep conditioner
  • Protein Treatment for protein deep conditioning washes every week
  • A great styling product for roller-sets, rod-sets and straight looks as well as for my curly days ( I can still pull of twists and other natural hair dos)
Overall a great line. I am pretty product loyal as I like to use entire line systems for better results but I guess I might not mind mixing two lines especially if I will get repeatedly great results for my hair.

Please help me:

State your products, whether you are relaxed, texalaxed, natural or etc., what you like most and what you like least, and some details about your hair texture.

TIA, Neala

• Great Cleansing of the Scalp and Hair without stripping or drying it out (I am relaxed but have lots of texture left in my hair as I am not bone straight) I have used rosemary mint shampoo on natural and relaxed hair. Not exactly moisturizing, but not stripping I would still use it. I have Abba Molasses purifying shampoo. I have used it a few times. It is not too harsh, not moisturizing though, and I can "feel" the baking soda in my hair even after rinsing completely. I also have Abba moisture scentsation shampoo/conditioner which I am going to try today.
  • Very Moisturizing Conditioner : Rosemary mint conditioner when I was natural-not moisturizing enough for my relaxed hair-its not a deep conditioner. I will see how Abba Moisture Scentscation conditioner works for me today and post it.
  • Protein Treatment for protein deep conditioning washes every week- used to use the Deep Penetrating Revitalizer weekly a very long time ago. I also used the BIXA and Madder root conditioners( they have protein) I was relaxed back then and used color
  • A great styling product for roller-sets, rod-sets and straight looks as well as for my curly days My old stylist used to use curessence and elixir on my relaxed hair, but I never got the same good results when using these at home.I have used the humectant/antihumectant products, but I didn't like them.They were greasy and just sit on my hair. As a natural, they were just like using grease.

I am relaxed straight type 3. As a relaxed head, Aveda products do not give me enough moisture, but for protein, they are good.

Thank you for your insite.

Aveda- good for protein.

I looking forward to your post on the Abba products

My hair type is 3c/4a mixture, relaxed + lots of texture.

Just finished washing I used:

Abba Moisture Scentsation Shampoo- very moisturizing, detangling, soothes scalp with a little tingle, but not sulfate free-they are lower down on the list after about 7-8 extracts.

I used the Moisture Scentsation Conditioner for a few minutes before I DCed. It is very moisturizing, soothing and detangling as well.

I liked how my 3c new growth was very soft after using these. I would definitely repurchase. HTH

There are a lot of Aveda users on the board, so I am sure they will chime in.

Back