Aveda DR and Relaxers

brownsugarflyygirl

Does anyone use Aveda DR as a part of their touch-up process? If so, please share at what step you use and which product.

Does the Aveda DR qualify as a reconstructor?

Just curious :)

I normally don't like the conditioner but using the shampoo and the conditioner after a relaxer is a must have. After all the neutralization and such, I use the shampoo and conditioner. My hair feels like silk.

For my last relaxer I did the following...

Relax
Rinse
Apply DR Treatment for 15 mins
rinsed
Neutralize poo
DR poo
DR Conditoner

Proceed with Aveda Elixir & Hang Straight for rollerset.
I loved the results! This will be my relaxer regimen from now on!

gymfreak336 said:
I normally don't like the conditioner but using the shampoo and the conditioner after a relaxer is a must have. After all the neutralization and such, I use the shampoo and conditioner. My hair feels like silk.

Ditto that. My last relaxer came out really nice.

Dionne...I am flirting with the idea of texlaxing and your regi is exactly what I was thinking of. Im glad that you had good results with it. Thats encouraging :)

Gymfreak and Tnorenberg... are you NOT using the TREATMENT at all....just after neutralizing you are using the shampoo and then the conditioner? How long have you been doing this.

I guess my question should have asked if the Aveda DR treament counts as a reconstructor :ohwell: Does anyone know? It says restructuring in its title...but thats not always the best indicator :look:

brownsugarflyygirl said:
Dionne...I am flirting with the idea of texlaxing and your regi is exactly what I was thinking of. Im glad that you had good results with it. Thats encouraging :)

Gymfreak and Tnorenberg... are you NOT using the TREATMENT at all....just after neutralizing you are using the shampoo and then the conditioner? How long have you been doing this.

I guess my question should have asked if the Aveda DR treament counts as a reconstructor :ohwell: Does anyone know? It says restructuring in its title...but thats not always the best indicator :look:

I haven't even tried the treatment yet. I have only tried the conditioner. It was great the first time I used it but after that:ohwell: it was okay. I still love the shampoo though and I use that all the time. The conditioner however is the best thing for me to use after my relaxer. I have done this the past 3 touch-ups. I have thought about trying the treatment and that is till on my to-try list. I will be restocking the shampoo at the end of the month or next month since it is running low.

Back