Aveda "Be Curly" Curl Enhancer

dream13

An Aveda rep recommended it as a replacement for the Elixir leave-in...

Has anybody tried this for rollersets? What did you think?

I bought it last week and tried it as a leave-in, thinking it would enhance shine, etc. It was just *ok*. I ended up exchanging it a couple days later.

dream13 said:
An Aveda rep recommended it as a replacement for the Elixir leave-in...

Has anybody tried this for rollersets? What did you think?
I'm kind of confused about this being recommended as a sub for the Elixir leave-in. I use the Elixir leave-in and I've used the Be Curly creme. They are too different consistencies and gave me too entirely different results. Be Curly gave my hair even more shrinkage and I returned it for a refund/exchange. I use the Elixir when I do my wash 'n go, but it's not enough to use by itself for styling. I think the leave-in can work as a styling product for silkier, smoother hair textures.

ETA: I don't see the point in using either product for rollersets.

balisi said:
I'm kind of confused about this being recommended as a sub for the Elixir leave-in. I use the Elixir leave-in and I've used the Be Curly creme. They are too different consistencies and gave me too entirely different results. Be Curly gave my hair even more shrinkage and I returned it for a refund/exchange. I use the Elixir when I do my wash 'n go, but it's not enough to use by itself for styling. I think the leave-in can work as a styling product for silkier, smoother hair textures.

I personally haven't used either. But after hearing good reviews about the Elixer (which I'm told is no longer sold in stores), I inquired about an alternative. The rep suggested the Curl Enhancer, claiming it bears the same results. :look: I'm still new to the Aveda game, but I knew the ladies here would know. Thanks for your replies! Any other reviews?

Balisi, what do you use to rollerset?

balisi said:

Now that I remember, it did that to me too! I was not a happy camper.

TSUprincess04 said:
I bought it last week and tried it as a leave-in, thinking it would enhance shine, etc. It was just *ok*. I ended up exchanging it a couple days later.

That's how I felt, but it was free so I kept it. If I would have paid I would have returned it. I saw no benefit of the product when I was relaxed and I don't see one now--not for the price.

I like it at lot for twist outs and braid outs. I use a set lotion and the B curly, the results are soft curls for days.

I tried using it as a leave in but it made my hair very dry. I returned that bad boy after using it for 3 weeks.

The only thing I've used from Aveda that compares to the Elixir is their Hang Straight mixed with a little Damage Control Spray -OR- diluted Brilliant conditioner used a leave-in followed with a little USC. IMO Be Curly is not comparable to the Elixir...gives me strength and moisture where the Elixir just gave me super soft hair.

Back