Aubrey Organics Egyptian Henna Clean Rinse

tarheelgurl

I big chopped this past July, and am still experimenting with things on wash days. I plan to use it with my next DC because its probably as close as I'm going to get to putting henna on my hair. (The real henna is just....too....much....work)

Any reviews? Anyone use this before?

Back with an update:

I washed my hair today with Motions moisturizing shampoo then I put the AO Egyptian Henna stuff on. It has peppermint in it as well. The instructions say to shampoo first, then rub the stuff on the scalp and down the strands to the tips. The instructions then say if need be, to condition after putting the henna rinse on. I didn't know if that meant to rinse it out then condition or condition along with the henna rinse.

Well, I decided to rinse it out first then condition. I left the henna on about 5 minutes then rinsed it out. I can honestly say that my hair felt harder, like having just been treated with a protein treatment. Next, I slathered on some Nexxus deep conditioner thing and let it sit about an hour.

After rinsing the DC out, there was a difference in the way my hair felt. It had more weight to it or something. I can't really explain it. I will see how it looks in the morning when its dry and will give an update. I will probably use it every time I DC which is once week. I'll see if there is any changes and let you all know. :yep:

Last edited:
Never seen this product in stores. Please update us on your results. I want to use henna too, but like you said I feel it's too much work.

Not familiar with it - and yes it is a lot of work! I found a creamy henna at Whole foods (can't remember the name of it) and it worked real well and made my hair feel so smooth. Not messy, no prep work and didn't take as long to leave on my hair to see results - less work and more convenient. The reasons I stopped using it was the cost and all the extra ingredients that probably made it less of a natural product.

Well, I guess I will be the guinea pig ladies! I will try it Monday when I'm off and will report back with the results.

tarheelgurl said:
I big chopped this past July, and am still experimenting with things on wash days. I plan to use it with my next DC because its probably as close as I'm going to get to putting henna on my hair. (The real henna is just....too....much....work)

Any reviews? Anyone use this before?

Back with an update:

I washed my hair today with Motions moisturizing shampoo then I put the AO Egyptian Henna stuff on. It has peppermint in it as well. The instructions say to shampoo first, then rub the stuff on the scalp and down the strands to the tips. The instructions then say if need be, to condition after putting the henna rinse on. I didn't know if that meant to rinse it out then condition or condition along with the henna rinse.

Well, I decided to rinse it out first then condition. I left the henna on about 5 minutes then rinsed it out. I can honestly say that my hair felt harder, like having just been treated with a protein treatment. Next, I slathered on some Nexxus deep conditioner thing and let it sit about an hour.

After rinsing the DC out, there was a difference in the way my hair felt. It had more weight to it or something. I can't really explain it. I will see how it looks in the morning when its dry and will give an update. I will probably use it every time I DC which is once week. I'll see if there is any changes and let you all know. :yep:

Ooh post pics!! I might try this stuff.

I used it, was cheaper in the end to make a dupe with witch hazel, acv , chamomile and peppermint.

Nice product but I couldn't afford it. Was a lovely final rinse didnt duplicate a henna application or a henna rinse but it does a lovely job of sealing your cuticle and leaving the hair soft.

Can't wait for your update, I love it when I do a treatment that makes my hair feel "heavy" after.

Well, now that my hair has dried its definately smoother. So I guess this stuff did the trick for closing the cuticles. I'm at work today and 2 people have asked me if I colored my hair because it looks darker. There wasn't any color in the rinse but I think because the cuticles are lying flat now, the hair is not as transparent. (Insert Kanye Shrug)

But for sure, its a heck of a lot smoother visually and to the touch. Not many fly aways either. I didn't do anything different to my wash day but add the rinse and it has never been this smooth before. I think when I wash this weekend I will pour it into a spray bottle first to make it easier to apply beause its like water.

I'll take pics for the next 4 washes and see if there is a change.

I used it, was cheaper in the end to make a dupe with witch hazel, acv , chamomile and peppermint.

Nice product but I couldn't afford it. Was a lovely final rinse didnt duplicate a henna application or a henna rinse but it does a lovely job of sealing your cuticle and leaving the hair soft.

How much did you pay? This was $10 and I had a coupon for 15% off so I paid almost $9 for it. I didn't use a lot at all but for me its about things being easy....no mixing, ordering, measuring, and all that stuff. My attention span isn't long enough to do all of that. :grin: Plus, all the ingredients go bad because I'm too lazy to make another potion after the first one.

Back