ATTENTION!! URGENT! Re: Jilbere Ceramic Flat Irons

BlkMane

I don't know if someone else has posted this as I haven't been on the boards for quite a few days, but I've been informed (only after fishing for the truth, of course) that Jilbere is not going to make the Ceramic flat irons under the Jilbere name anymore. The Ceramic irons are now repackaged under the name CERAMIC TOOLS. AND....this is the kicker, the price has MORE THAN DOUBLED.

Apparently due to extremely high demand, the company has realized that they might as well charge what the other companies are changing for ceramic irons. So there will no longer be a "low price point" for ceramic irons. Ceramic irons will be $100+, period!

The $39.99 ceramic (formerly Jilbere)flat irons are now selling for $99.99 in NYC! I have already seen the newly packaged flat irons at a beauty supply store here in town.

I noticed this and inquired about it after being told at another beauty supply shop a few weeks back (when I was trying to buy the "small" flat iron) that the store wasn't carrying Jilbere anymore, "the company is going to be called Ceramic Tools now, Babylis is the same, why don't you just buy that one?"

I already had the Jilbere Ceramic curling iron and the large flat iron, and I really wanted that little flat iron as I heard it's easier to get to your roots with that one. So, after not being able to find the "Jilbere" version anywhere, I panicked. I wasn't about to pay $99.99 for a flat iron I knew was just recently only worth $36-39.

I did finally find one even though I had to pay $47 for it, but hey, that's MUCH better than $99!

If you want a CERAMIC flat iron and don't want to pay $$$$$ you better run out and find a Jilbere before they are extinct. BTW, Jilbere is one of the few--if not only--brands that has 25 settings. Most of the other ones (even some of the most expensive) only have an "on/off" switch.

lol, thanks to nay007 i just ordered mine about 15 mins ago online for 39.99 including shipping to germany.

The post probably sounds more panicky then I really am, but I must admit I did breath easier once my beloved Jilbere mini flat iron was in my hands.
smile.gif

Girl, when I saw the subject line, I was like 'oh no, I have one of those'.
shocked.gif
Then after I read the post, I was like, ok, cool, no need to panick. Thanks for the information.

[ QUOTE ]
shocked.gif
Then after I read the post, I was like, ok, cool, no need to panick. Thanks for the information.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was all paranoid too. I did notice that my Jilbere flat iron was $47. I have seen it for $39.00. I also want the mini Jilbere flat iron. Jilbere is much better than Gold & Hot IMO. I get more compliments on my hair when I use it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here!
laugh.gif
I thought they had been recalled because they had started blowing up in people's hair or something.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here!
laugh.gif
I thought they had been recalled because they had started blowing up in people's hair or something.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
God bless you all.

This may sound strange but I really needed this to happen. I've been in Sally's 4 times. I have read the box cover on every ceramic flat iron they sell. Last time I was there I even touched one. I've done at least 10 Google searches checking out reviews and the HAI that Adrienne recommended is even marked as a favorite in my web browser. I was getting so close to yielding to temptation. But I know that I'm one of those people who cannot show restraint when there is a hair appliance in the house. I applaud all of you who can only use it once every few months. I wouldn't be able to maintain that kind of discipline. If I saw my hair flat ironed once, I'd be sneaking to do it again and again. I had to go cold turkey with my hair appliances. I gave away every one of them the day I joined this Forum. So, call me odd, but Jilbere just did me a big favor.

Re: ATTENTION!! URGENT! Re: Jilbere Ceramic Flat I

Oh that is good to know. I am glad that I went ahead and bought the iron for 39.99. B/c I def. could not afford to get it for 99.00
And I LOVE my ceramic.

I've always had problems using a flat iron so I gave up a long time ago. Can someone give me pointers? Also, what's the difference b/t the regular flat iron and the ceramic? and lastly, is the iron with the comb grooves better than a straight iron?

I stopped by Sally Beauty Supply yesterday to check on the prices of some of the Jilbere products. The mini flat iron (like the one I have and posted about a zillion times on this board) is $39.99. The jumbo ceramic curling iron (1 and 1/4 inch) is on sale for $24.99 (regular price is $29.99). BTW, I didn't purchase anything. However, my contact there is putting aside one of the jumbo ceramic irons for me. I'm going to purchase it on June 1.
grin.gif

Does anyone know of a website that is still selling the curling iron?

Thanks for the warning. I already have the small one. Got it as a present when it was $39.99. I wasn't gonna buy the larger one until my hair was longer but I think now I may go get it anyway and just put it away till I need it. I love this board. It's a PJ's DREAM!!
laugh.gif

Thank you so much LuvableLady I've already gotten the flat iron and the curling iron would be a great addition. It really is sad that they are jacking up the prices on these appliances.

dag even though i dont live near a sallys i still want to get on. does anyone in nyc know where to find these at the original price? i do find this is a shame when companies get greedy.
swearing.gif
whip.gif
God bless you all.

When I bought my Jilbere, it was under the "Ceramic Tools" packaging, but still said Jilbere smaller. Mine was still the regular price. But...that was back in October or something. Do you really think Sally's will carry such high priced items?

[ QUOTE ]
When I bought my Jilbere, it was under the "Ceramic Tools" packaging, but still said Jilbere smaller. Mine was still the regular price. But...that was back in October or something. Do you really think Sally's will carry such high priced items?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, my ceramic flat iron was under the 'ceramic tools' packaging, but still had Jilbere in smaller print. The ceramic curling iron that I'm going to get (yeah, yeah, yeah, on June 1) is the same way.

[ QUOTE ]
lol, thanks to nay007 i just ordered mine about 15 mins ago online for 39.99 including shipping to germany.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pandora which site did you order this from?

I bought the 1" ceramic curling iron about a month ago. You are going to love it!!!
smile.gif
I did notice that it was on sale at Sallys.. I was looking everywhere for my receipt because I purchased it at the regular price.... I want the $5 discount
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I bought the 1" ceramic curling iron about a month ago. You are going to love it!!!
smile.gif
I did notice that it was on sale at Sallys.. I was looking everywhere for my receipt because I purchased it at the regular price.... I want the $5 discount
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
SuperGirl has been raving to me about the ceramic curling iron. I am looking forward to getting it. I'm going to get the 1 and 1/4 inch one.

SuperGirl, which size do you have?

Back