Attention GPB users!!

Lindy

What do you all think of the smell of GPB?? I think it's interesting but boy does it linger!!!

I used it for the first time last night, and I followed up with a moisturizing conditioner, then I put in my Vanilla Monoi Oil and did a twist-out and went to bed. This morning all I smell in my hair is that spicy GPB scent!! I swear, it just totally overpowered the Vanilla oil!!!

It's not a bad smell but it sure is potent!! It must mean this stuff really works, huh??
laugh.gif

its interesting that you posted this
I also used it for the first time last night

I used my tropical avocado conditioner afterwards
this morning i was on the train and all i could smell was the GPB, I dont mind the smell I just thought it was weird to still smell it

I find it funny that no one mentioned the smell before on the board!!

I don't hate it but it's not the usual clean, fresh conditioner smell. It's a spicy, gingery, organic smell. It overpowered everything else that I put on my hair.
smile.gif

i don't smell it after i rinse either, and i never follow up with another conditioner. or maybe i just don't notice the smell. i never thought of it as strong though.

on the other hand, i did an ACV rinse once. it burned the mess outta my scalp, and i smelled like a pickle for days.
laugh.gif

Maybe its b/c its not a bad smell, so no one really thought about it, Its ok, I really liked the way my hair feels though, its very soft and bouncy today

The first couple times I used it the smell used to hurt my eyes practically but then I just got used to it after awhile. I don't apply it directly to my scalp, and make sure that I rinse very very well and that helps the post-scent from lingering.

I used it for the 1st time on Sunday and the scent was so strong after rinsing that I thought I had gotten some on my upper lip.

[ QUOTE ]
I used it for the 1st time on Sunday and the scent was so strong after rinsing that I thought I had gotten some on my upper lip.

[/ QUOTE ]
emotlol.gif
emotlol.gif
emotlol.gif

The scent is very strong. I will never forget the first time I used it last March. My roommate had this weird look on her face when I came out of the bathroom, she asked "what is that scent" with the weirdest face ever. lol.

[ QUOTE ]
My roommate had this weird look on her face when I came out of the bathroom, she asked "what is that scent" with the weirdest face ever. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It definitely has a very distinctive scent!!!
smile.gif
It did fade out of my hair by the second or third day.

I'm not crazy about the smell of GPB myself. For those interested, I found a excellent knock-off of it. Ion Effective Care treatment has the exact same effect on my hair as GPB without the odd smell.

Back