Attention Aveda DR users!

sassyella

do I need the entire line? I broke down and bought the DR intensive treatment yesterday b/c of all the good things I'm hearing (plus i'm relaxed and recovering from highlights, so i think this would be good for me). Anyway, I'm thinking of incorporating it into my regimen once a week or perhaps bi weekly, alternating with my moisture line (Nexxus)...

anyway, just wondering, do I need the entire line - poo, condish AND treatment? If you use, please share what works best for you!

I have the entire line. I use DR conditioner for CW sometimes, and always wash out my henna with it. I DC with the intensive and like to use the con as a leave-in. I shampoo sparingly, but when I do, I use the DR poo. I have the detoxifier as my chelating/clarifying poo. My hair is happy.

I know for a fact that at least for home care, the only shampoo that works for me isn't an Aveda shampoo. I only use the reconstructor.... and I only use it once every 3 months (a week before my touch-up).

Honestly, my hair looks and feels good... not to toot my own horn.

My hair hates poo, but I have the treatment and conditioner. I love them both and use them for different things. The treatment has protein (oat protein, i think) the conditioner is great for moisture. Actually, I've been using Aveda Brilliant for moisture lately. It rocks too!

Last edited:
I have all three products and I love them all. I shampoo once a week with the poo and then DC with the intensive treatment, I then use the conditioner as a leave in and this works great for me

ugh, i'm so weak.... i just went over to the Aveda store... (i work near a mall and Aveda is just camping out in there ALL day... oh da temptation!) :)

...and bought the shampoo and condish. Gonna try the poo, treatment then follow with condish once a week or once every other week, see how that works for me. Atleast I can return if I don't like.

Thanks for all your suggestions ladies!

One more question... for those of you who use all three -- do you always poo, condish then treatment, or poo, treatment then condish?? Even though the lady in the store told me to do option one, i'm thinking option two is the better method, right? I know it's light protein, but it's still protein and should be FOLLOWED with condish, right?

thanks y'all... I feel a condish return approachin :)

but i guess there is no substitution for trying it out for yourself... think i'll give it a whirl tonight... :)

I have the entire line, and I love the conditioner and the treatment. The treatment provides more moisture than the conditioner. I just wish the treatment came in a liter size bottle. It looks so strange standing there with my liter size shampoo and liter size conditioner.

ok, this just in....

i just finished using my new Aveda DR products....

and funny, I'm almost relieved that I'm not really feeling the regular conditioner. I mean it's not a horrible product or anything. It's just for $25 bucks, it didn't seem to add anything that I couldn't get from poo and treatment combo. Thank you again for all the input.. I officially cast my vote for the poo/treatment combo and a-to-the-store-I-go to return the condish...:drunk:

ok, this just in....

i just finished using my new Aveda DR products....

and funny, I'm almost relieved that I'm not really feeling the regular conditioner. I mean it's not a horrible product or anything. It's just for $25 bucks, it didn't seem to add anything that I couldn't get from poo and treatment combo. Thank you again for all the input.. I officially cast my vote for the poo/treatment combo and a-to-the-store-I-go to return the condish...:drunk:

I wasn't amazed by the conditioner either. It worked GREAT for like 2 weeks. I was sad when it stopped working
The shampoo still rocks my world.

My hair hates poo, but I have the treatment and conditioner. I love them both and use them for different things. The treatment has protein (oat protein, i think) the conditioner is great for moisture. Actually, I've been using Aveda Brilliant for moisture lately. It rocks too!

My hair doesn't like poo either (wait, that didn't sound right:ohwell:) - it took me years to realize that...anyhoo, I have the treatment and I :love: Aveda Brilliant conditioner. I have 3/4ths of a liter sitting in the bathroom and another full liter stored in the closet:yep:

I have the poo, conditioner, and treatment. I would recommend the poo and treatment. I probably won't be purchasing any more conditioner.

My hair doesn't like poo either (wait, that didn't sound right:ohwell:) - it took me years to realize that...anyhoo, I have the treatment and I :love: Aveda Brilliant conditioner. I have 3/4ths of a liter sitting in the bathroom and another full liter stored in the closet:yep:

:lachen::lachen::goodone:

Yep, we're definitely hair cousins. It took me years to realize poo was drying my hair out big time and love me some brilliant. Hi cousin! :wave:

Last edited:
Yep, we're definitely hair cousins. It took me years to realize poo was drying my hair out big time and love me some brilliant. Hi cousin! :wave:

Hey back cous :wave:

Getting the hair ready for the Phyto touch up -- about to break out the Aveda DR treatment for a little hair strengthening, following up with some Pantene and Brilliant...:yep:

Yesterday I used my Brillant and DR poo, then DRTreatment. As I was rinsing, I could feel the difference in my hair. I normally just DR poo and DR condish and then continue with my routine. But yesterday I saw the diffence in the condish and the treatment. My hair was soaking it in and loving it---wooohooo!!! With condish my new growth took a bit of detangling; whereas with the treatment, my new growth was barely tangled and gentle combing was "handling" the couple of minor tangles that happened away from the new growth. Sounds like a winner to me!!!:yay:

Back