Attention All Pibbs 512 Owners

luvmesumhair

Are you still in love with your 512? Do you kinda wish you had gotten the 514? Me myself I am still in love. Just wondering how you are adjusted/adjusting to yours.:look:

FOR those of you who own the Pibbs 512...whats the largest size/color magnatic rollers do you use that will fit under the hood comfortably?

AND can you let me know if you have pics in your Fotki of you under the dryer Pibbs?

Thanks.

Are you still in love with your 512? Do you kinda wish you had gotten the 514? Me myself I am still in love. Just wondering how you are adjusted/adjusting to yours.:look:

FOR those of you who own the Pibbs 512...whats the largest size/color magnatic rollers do you use that will fit under the hood comfortably?

AND can you let me know if you have pics in your Fotki of you under the dryer Pibbs?

Thanks.

I have a 512 and I love it :)

Is the only difference the size of the hood? In terms of temp, i use it at medium temp and it still dries pretty fast. Anything higher is too hot for me. I wonder what the other advantages are. hmm...

ETA: I use a mix of the purple and red magnetic rollers

Last edited:
I have a 512 and I love it :)

Is the only difference the size of the hood? In terms of temp, i use it at medium temp and it still dries pretty fast. Anything higher is too hot for me. I wonder what are the other advantages hmm...

ETA: I use a mix of the purple and red magnetic rollers
I thought all the hoods were the same size. Do you have pics of yourself under it?

Hey ladies, I am so happy to see that you're enjoying your Pibbs! The only difference is that the 514 has a timer, you can set the heat by a specific number, and it's 1100 watts.

Hey ladies, I am so happy to see that you're enjoying your Pibbs! The only difference is that the 514 has a timer, you can set the heat by a specific number, and it's 1100 watts.

That's odd. My 512 has a timer too. I set it to 45 mins.

ETA: The heat can be set specifically too but it doesn't have corresponding numbers, It just has dots that circle around the knob like 15 of them (not sure the exact amount)

Last edited:
Oh, okay, then the only thing is the specific degree and the wattage and the color LOL. They're pretty much the same, I KNOW they're both good.
Thanks MtAiryHoney

Yeah, I had mines all the way up and it was very hot on the top of my head! So I moved the dial down to medium.

YES!! bumpity bump . im cheap as hell , so i plan on getting the 512 instead of the 514 , but i wanted to make sure it was just as fast and hot. oh, and does anybody know if it has wheels? or is that just the 514?

YES!! bumpity bump . im cheap as hell , so i plan on getting the 512 instead of the 514 , but i wanted to make sure it was just as fast and hot. oh, and does anybody know if it has wheels? or is that just the 514?
They both have wheels.

So the hood size on both are DEF the same? I have the 512 and used medium size rollers. I haven't tried with my jumbo rollers yet.

Do you know what the purpose of the visor is? Is it to allow more of your head in? Does it have to stay down?

TIA! :spinning:

So the hood size on both are DEF the same? I have the 512 and used medium size rollers. I haven't tried with my jumbo rollers yet.

Do you know what the purpose of the visor is? Is it to allow more of your head in? Does it have to stay down?

TIA! :spinning:
I don't know if they are the same. If you want, I can measure how wide my hood is and someone with a 512 can measure how wide it is, and we can compare to see if it's the same. I used XL rollers and I still had room to move my head around back/forth/side to side.

You can use it without the visor being down- but it may not dry as well. The purpose of the visor is to open to get your head out w/o having to duck down. It also ensures that the air flow goes around your hair evenly. I you can use it without the visor being down. I felt a big difference in the air flow between up and down position.

:cupid:I still love it. It's paid for itself at least 2x already considering I have 3 heads to do. I can't comfortably use extra large rollers, but that may be because I use the snap on rollers. Sorry, no pics just a glowing recommendation:grin:. No, I don't wish for the 514 but given the price deal going on, If I'd waited I would have upgraded just because. Oh that and the fact that the 514 is black which I think is sessy:lachen:

Ok I still love my 512, I had it since Aug/Sept. and I am not giving it up. I use purple/grey mix rollers all the time. I do not have a pic with me under the dryer with it but in my fokti I do have pics of the mixture of rollers I use, I sit with it comfortably with no problem, I look at TV and chat on LHCF while sitting under it. I have the bottem dial on about two dots pass medium and sit for 45 minutes.:grin:

I don't know if they are the same. If you want, I can measure how wide my hood is and someone with a 512 can measure how wide it is, and we can compare to see if it's the same. I used XL rollers and I still had room to move my head around back/forth/side to side.

You can use it without the visor being down- but it may not dry as well. The purpose of the visor is to open to get your head out w/o having to duck down. It also ensures that the air flow goes around your hair evenly. I you can use it without the visor being down. I felt a big difference in the air flow between up and down position.

Yah can you all do a measurement comparison:yep: I'm about to purchase with the LHCF deal and size is the decision maker for me so I would love to know if one is roomier than the other...Please and Thank you girls!:wink2:

Yah can you all do a measurement comparison:yep: I'm about to purchase with the LHCF deal and size is the decision maker for me so I would love to know if one is roomier than the other...Please and Thank you girls!:wink2:
OKay, I'll measure it from one side of the bottom of the hood to the other side of the hood horizontally and I'll post it tomorrow.

Ok I still love my 512, I had it since Aug/Sept. and I am not giving it up. I use purple/grey mix rollers all the time. I do not have a pic with me under the dryer with it but in my fokti I do have pics of the mixture of rollers I use, I sit with it comfortably with no problem, I look at TV and chat on LHCF while sitting under it. I have the bottem dial on about two dots pass medium and sit for 45 minutes.:grin:

Thank you so much for posting this. I was curious what sizes can fit under the hood as well. Is it a tight fit?

this is my deciding factor. i would love to fit the light green three inch rollers underneath. so are the sizes different. if its just the color, then i'm definitely going with the cheaper one.

I understand that the 514 and 512 have the same size hood. I thought the difference was the 514 has the timer that tells you when your dryer has reached the temperature you set it too. The orange light on the 514 goes off once the dryer has reached the desired temperature and the 514 you can set the heat based on degree and not high, low, medium like the 512. I have the 514.

:bump: :bump: :bump: PLEASE ladies post pictures under your dryer with large rollers, I'm getting ready to buy this pibbs 514. Ladies who have Pibbs 512 and 514 please share pictures of you under the dryer. Trying to see what size rollers will fit.

:bump: :bump: :bump: PLEASE ladies post pictures under your dryer with large rollers, I'm getting ready to buy this pibbs 514. Ladies who have Pibbs 512 and 514 please share pictures of you under the dryer. Trying to see what size rollers will fit.

Check out my fotki- I have pics of myself with rollers under my 514 in there. I also have pics in there showing how much space there is between the rollers and the edge of the dryer. :) The size of the hoods are the same for both dryers. The difference is the heat/timer controls. HTH

Bumping please!!!

MtAiry where are you?
(For those who don't know, my name used to be MtAiryHoney:))
:lol: Why am I JUST seeing this? I did do the measurements too... I posted them in one of the other pibbs threads. Sorry I didn't see this sooner because I would've posted them here too.

Check out my fotki- I have pics of myself with rollers under my 514 in there. I also have pics in there showing how much space there is between the rollers and the edge of the dryer. :) The size of the hoods are the same for both dryers. The difference is the heat/timer controls. HTH

Thanks sweetie,i'm gone to go check it out and your youtube, I can't wait till I order my Pibbs.

Back