Attention all Affirm relaxer USERS!!!

Nanyanika

Does anyone have the instructions on how use this relaxer system
confused.gif
. I need to know, How to apply it? and how the products are used?

Thanks in advance
grin.gif

Which affirm relaxer to you have? I have the instructions for the no-lye system only.

I have a handout that I picked up at my old salon. It is a professional user guide for the Affirm Conditioning RElaxer System with Protecto. THis is what is printed under the section "How to apply Affirm Conditioning Relaxer System."

If using Moisture Plus dry Hair & SEnsitive Scalp formula, before use, the relaxer creme must be thoroughly mixed with the liquid activator.

Step 1 Protecto Application:
Apply an amount about the size of silver dollar into palm and rub hands together. Gently work throughout entire head of hair, especially to the new growth area. Do not massage to avoid scalp irritation, Comb through gently using shampoo comb to distribute.

Step 2 Creme Relaxer Application:
Apply ample amount of relaxer to thinly-parted sections of hair using an application brush or back of a rattail comb. Begin with the back sections, working downards from the crown area. Proceed to the front sections, working from the crown forward. Apply to the hairline areas last. Avoid applying the relaxer directly to the scalp. For retouches, apply relaxer creme to new growth only. Avoid overlapping onto previously relaxed hair. After application is complete, smooth the relaxer with the back of a rattail comb, using thin partings and working in the same direction as during application. After desired straightening is achieved, rinse relaxer completely from hair with warm water.

Step 3 5 in 1 Reconstructor and/or Positive Link Application:
Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor if hair is fine or limp; Positive Link if hair is medium or coarse; 5 in 1 and Positive Link, in half-and-half mixture if hair is slightly damaged. WAit five minuts and rinse hair well.

Step 4 Normalizing Shampoo:
Shampoo all areas of hair and scalp. Rinse thoroughly and repeat. (Lather will be pink if relaxer traces remain, and white when hair is completely neutralized.) Style and Finish with KeraCare maintenace items.

For Affirm Lye in Mild Formula, the timing guide on back recommends 13 minutes.

Please correct me if i'm wrong b/c I'm new to relaxing.
So you are suppose to rinse the relaxer thorougly from the hair and apply the conditioner for 5 minutes (do you go under the drier for this step?) rinse out, before neutralising the hair.The conditioner is reapplied for another 5 minutes (rinse out) and lastly, you neutralise again. Tell if I'm right or wrong i don't want my sister to lose her hair...she'll hate me forever
laugh.gif

The timing on the relaxer, for instance if the affirm mild says 13 minutes..does that mean from the time you apply to the time you rinse...or does that mean after you apply and smooth you let it sit for 13 minutes?

I'm sorry that I didn't see this post earlier. My little hair guide doesn't say anything about sitting under the dryer with the conditioner on; however, my stylists sometimes put me under the dryer when they put on the conditioner and sometimes they just put a plastic cap on me and let me sit at the sink. Then, they rinse and shampoo.

Again, my booklet does not say that you have to condition again after shampooing, but most of my stylists put on another conditioner and sit me under the dryer. Affirm/KeraCare has good deep conditioners.

I think the 13 minutes includes application and smoothing. However, the booklet does not clearly state this.

Back