Atlanta Natural Hair Show 2016

I'm going this year and I am excited. I haven't been in a couple of years but a few of my tips:

1. Go on Saturday. If you wait until Sunday, most of the good deals are sold out.
2. Have a budget in mind and take cash (most vendors only accept cash). It is easy to overspend, so have an idea of how much you wanna and only take that amount.
3. Walk through the entire event to get an idea of what brands are there and their deals BEFORE spending your money. I made the mistake of buying as I went, blew through my budget and didn't have enough to get other vendors that I wanted more than the items I bought.
4. Bring a carrying bag. All those bags get heavy and awkward to carry around.
5. Try to get an idea of who will be there. I ask via Instagram. So far, Camille Rose, Shea Moisture and the Mane Choice have confirmed. Jane Carter, Karen's Body Beautiful and Curls are usually always there. Research the brands (if you can) and get an idea of how much their products retail for so that you can know if you are truly getting a deal.

Have fun!

What are the dates? I'm trying to look on the Mane Choice Instagram page but she has entirely too many posts and I'm tired of scrolling down lol. And do you have to buy tickets?

I appreciate your help! You are obviously a pro!

I'm going this year and I am excited. I haven't been in a couple of years but a few of my tips:

1. Go on Saturday. If you wait until Sunday, most of the good deals are sold out.
2. Have a budget in mind and take cash (most vendors only accept cash). It is easy to overspend, so have an idea of how much you wanna and only take that amount.
3. Walk through the entire event to get an idea of what brands are there and their deals BEFORE spending your money. I made the mistake of buying as I went, blew through my budget and didn't have enough to get other vendors that I wanted more than the items I bought.
4. Bring a carrying bag. All those bags get heavy and awkward to carry around.
5. Try to get an idea of who will be there. I ask via Instagram. So far, Camille Rose, Shea Moisture and the Mane Choice have confirmed. Jane Carter, Karen's Body Beautiful and Curls are usually always there. Research the brands (if you can) and get an idea of how much their products retail for so that you can know if you are truly getting a deal.

Have fun!

I'm going. I got my tickets for $5 last week. Not sure how much they are now that it's closer to the show.

Oh and I'm bringing my rolling suitcase to relieve my back. I've gone every year since 2012 and honestly, vendors wise, that was the best year. Hopefully there will be some good vendors although I think it's bull hockey that the vendors list isn't available.

just bought my ticket. thankful for this thread cuz I surely would've shown up there without one. So I plan to stock up on all of the healthy hair vitamins that I want to try. I'm hoping hairfinity, mielle organics (sp) and beautifully bamboo are there. and a mane choice flat iron

I appreciate your help! You are obviously a pro!
You are so welcome!

Oh and I'm bringing my rolling suitcase to relieve my back. I've gone every year since 2012 and honestly, vendors wise, that was the best year. Hopefully there will be some good vendors although I think it's bull hockey that the vendors list isn't available.

Girl THIS. More people would come if we could get a better idea of who will be there.

I remember going around that time too and they used to have so many natural hair vendors with amazing deals. It has definitely changed since then. Less known vendors and the deals aren't nearly as awesome.

just bought my ticket. thankful for this thread cuz I surely would've shown up there without one. So I plan to stock up on all of the healthy hair vitamins that I want to try. I'm hoping hairfinity, mielle organics (sp) and beautifully bamboo are there. and a mane choice flat iron
Beautifully Bamboo probably won't be there, they've never been in the past. I think Mielle will though.

I'm going. I usually have a list of the vendor row locations and a list of what I need. I wish the Puff Cuff ladies were coming this time. I may check out that Mielle oil everyone raves about. Also I like the free classes.

Will they give us a vendor list when we get there? I just looked at the event layout on the website and it looks huge! I already know who I wanna see so I just wanna be able to go right to my booths and keep it moving

And I'm sorry..one more question and then I'm done. What about parking? Do we pay for parking there? Flat rate? Hourly?

Last edited:
Will they give us a vendor list when we get there? I just looked at the event layout on the website and it looks huge! I already know who I wanna see so I just wanna be able to go right to my booths and keep it moving

And I'm sorry..one more question and then I'm done. What about parking? Do we pay for parking there? Flat rate? Hourly?

If you Google "exhibitors at Atlanta world natural hair show 2016". You will find the full list.

Just got back. I am so glad that I went early. I got there at 10:00 sharp and went straight to Camille Rose. The line was crazy but I got what I wanted. By noon, most of her popular items were sold out.

Shea Moisture was there but their sale was garbage. It was better to wait until a BOGO sale. Curls had a decent sale but I didn't need anything. Alikay Naturals was there and they were offering 10% off :rolleyes:. Mixed Chicks, Jane Carter, Uncle Funky, Mielle Organics, the Mane Choice, Cantu, Softsheen Carson, Pink Oil, Design Essentials, Locsock, and tons of other newbie handmade vendors.

I did well. I only bought Camille Rose and Mielle. Overall, it was a fun experience and I am glad that I went.

Did anyone check out The Mane Choice?.

We are plotting a trip next year and I definitely want to hit their area.

I went and I too was annoyed by Shea Moisture. I did meet Mahogany Curls while we were walking around. She is very sweet and gorgeous...and I am not just saying that because she said my girls were beautiful! I bought an Uncle Funky's sampler, and I had to buy SM Gel Souffle because I am completely out. I will have to check out Camille Rose at Target. I liked some of the Ankara skirts and dresses that I saw. I am also going to the Zuvaa pop up shop next weekend so hopefully I will see a larger selection of Ankara fashions.

Hmmmm, this show was a bust for me. I guess that's what I get for going 5 years in a row, several comparisons. I was disappointed.
It used to be so much better. Shea Moisture was on that bullshiggidy. Their sale used to be 3 for $20. They didn't even have all their lines either.
I would not have wasted a trip for that. Black Friday sales are better.

Just got back. I am so glad that I went early. I got there at 10:00 sharp and went straight to Camille Rose. The line was crazy but I got what I wanted. By noon, most of her popular items were sold out.

Shea Moisture was there but their sale was garbage. It was better to wait until a BOGO sale. Curls had a decent sale but I didn't need anything. Alikay Naturals was there and they were offering 10% off :rolleyes:. Mixed Chicks, Jane Carter, Uncle Funky, Mielle Organics, the Mane Choice, Cantu, Softsheen Carson, Pink Oil, Design Essentials, Locsock, and tons of other newbie handmade vendors.

I did well. I only bought Camille Rose and Mielle. Overall, it was a fun experience and I am glad that I went.

I got the Camille Rose and the Mielle and alikay Naturals. The CM line was crazy. I'm glad I was able to get the new leave in products. I always get the SM with coupons so I didn't go there. I didn't like the SS Carson deal because they wanted to sell by bundle. I missed TGIN and Karen's Body Beautiful. Maybe they will have a Mother's Day sale. I always get there when they open also.

Back