Assisted pigtails protective style how to?

Hi everyone, I was on another forum and saw a link to this http://www.growafrohairlong.com/relaxedhaircare.html. Near the bottom is a tutorial on a protective style by basically adding fake hair to your pigtails. I was wondering if anyone could tell how specifically this is done? The instructions were really vague to me.... Step by step please for the style challenged.

That is such a cute style. I want to try that myself. I'm not sure how it's done though. Maybe someone else will chime in.......

Hi everyone, I was on another forum and saw a link to this http://www.growafrohairlong.com/relaxedhaircare.html. Near the bottom is a tutorial on a protective style by basically adding fake hair to your pigtails. I was wondering if anyone could tell how specifically this is done? The instructions were really vague to me.... Step by step please for the style challenged.

It is very easy to do. Take two folded pieces of synthetic hair like she has in her picture. You grab your own hair in your hand. While you are holding your own hair, take the folded synthetic hair and drape the folded hair over your hair. Wrap it around your own hair and start braiding. Your own hair becomes the center piece for the braid. This is how I do my individual braids, using this method. If you go to that same website, Robin has a video that teaches you how to do braids. In that video you will see how she twists the synthetic hair around your own hair to braid. In the video she is demonstrating individual braids, but that same method is applied regarding the pigtail hairstyle. I hope this helps.

You braid the fake pigtail hair into your own hair as you make a plait, french braid etc. Start with the 2 ends hanging down. Take 1 piece of your hair wherever you want the braid to hang from, put that 1 piece of hair over the middle of the braid hair, then start to braid going outside to middle, as your braiding your adding your hair in as you go. I know its not the best explanation but it really is easy to do. Practice on a doll or a wig head. I use braid hair for a couple of different styles that I wear. You can have different lengths for different looks etc. This week I was on vacation and rocked a Pocahontas braid the whole week, so easy and little manip.

Thanks fancypants and selfstyled! Honestly I'm having trouble having a visual, but I'll check out the video on the website.

Back