Assistance Needed: Diy Shampoo Bar

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi, all.

I need to make my own shampoo bar: The one I love with great ingredients and slip is not reliably sold.

Does anyone have a link or resource or method for a DIY shampoo bar? TIA!

I’m into making decorative soaps, butters, scrubs, etc..
one thing you are gonna need is Lye, distilled water, some silicone molds, or plastic molds, blender stick, butters like cocoa butter, or shea butter, wood spoons/spatula mixing bowl and jars (glass), oils that have a high fat content, gloves mask, eye protection goggles/glasses, apron

You can get melt and pour soap, so you don’t have to mess with lye,

But I prefer you just buy the shampoo bars already on the market..

one thing you are gonna need is Lye, distilled water, some silicone molds, or plastic molds, blender stick, butters like cocoa butter, or shea butter, wood spoons/spatula mixing bowl and jars (glass), oils that have a high fat content, gloves mask, eye protection goggles/glasses, apron

wow!
What is the lye for?

That is too much. :(

Thanks.

I'm so tired of the discontinuations, formula changes . . .

:nono:

Sigh.

Thanks, again.

It is the basis of soapmaking. You need something alkaline to mix with the fats (oils& liquids). (Saponification) this is how you will get the soaping suds effect.
Lye is a chemical and dangerous if not handled properly.

@YvetteWithJoy

Do you like like using clay to cleanse your hair?

I enjoyed the shampoo bar more, but I have had great experiences with rhassoul clay, in particular Naturalicious's clay wash.

@YvetteWithJoy
A lot of the ingredients to make that stuff can become expensive, or hard to come by for companies, so they discontinue product, use cheaper alternatives, etc..
they have to buy that stuff in bulk and it’s difficult to keep it fresh and in stock.
Do you like the company Chargin, or Lush? They seem to be pretty consistent.

I bought many, many Chagrin bars. Each one dried my hair out terribly. I didn't try their ayurvedic one. Let me head to Lush's site. I've never used a Lush product. Thanks.

I'd try the melt and pour soap mentioned above, only bc its so easy to buy it in bulk, add your stuff, and be done.

I was actually gonna start a thread about conditioner bars. I heard about them somewhere and can't quite figure it out. o_O But anyway... :lol: back to soap. I was thinking about going the DIY route when Dove showed out, but Nubian Heritage is picking up the slack.

I have vague recollection but many years ago my mom used to dissolve soap bars with some water and on warm heat to create liquid soap for the washing machine. It would later resolidify into a soft material from which you can easily take out chunks with your hands.

Back