Asha's First Flat Twist Attempt 2/19/2003

Melaninme

Asha\'s First Flat Twist Attempt 2/19/2003

Hello again it's me.

I have added a new album that contains my first attempt at a flat twist. Plus I have added some pics to my Playing Around folder.

Take a peek.

Asha /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Re: Asha\'s First Flat Twist Attempt 2/19/2003

Asha,

I think that style looks REALLY cute on you!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Did it take long to do the twists?? Did you twist it wet or dry?

It looks great! I've been practicing on a mannequin and the results have been pitiful...
Re the caption on one of the pics: What does "not napptural enough" mean? I mean, how can your hair be anything but your hair ? Whatever... I think your hair looks fantastic!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Lindy said:
Asha,

I think that style looks REALLY cute on you!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Did it take long to do the twists?? Did you twist it wet or dry?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Lindy. I did this after I unraveled my single two strand twists. Because it was a rush job, it took all of twenty minutes tops.

Thank you Allandra and Sassygirl for your support and encouragement.

We need that sometimes and it is nice to know that is still available.

Take care,

<font color="purple"> Asha, your hair looks great /images/graemlins/smile.gif
I've tried flat twists before and I made a pitiful mess, is there anything in particular you do to have such neat twists? Mine end up messy and tangled. </font>

Asha,

The new pictures are beautiful as well. I know the post that you are referring where they asked if you had pictures of your hair in its “natural state”. What more do they want. Let me tell you, I started visiting that particular board after I went completely natural and I was disappointed in a lot of the conversation, had I visited that message board before my “Big Chop” I would have never done it because of all of the negativity, they truly do not seem “happy to be nappy” (their famous line). Luckily, I did not base my decision to go natural by their words, it was based on pictures like yours and other things which helped me to decide. If they are trying to make people go “natural”, they are not doing a good job at it as I would have relaxed for the rest of my life if they were the so called “role models”.

Most people on that board are nice but the few that are not, really suck.

EmeraldSky said:
<font color="purple"> Asha, your hair looks great /images/graemlins/smile.gif
I've tried flat twists before and I made a pitiful mess, is there anything in particular you do to have such neat twists? Mine end up messy and tangled. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not at this time. This was a rush job after removing my single two strand twists. I parted and begain twisting. I did not add anything to my hair. I just wanted to get a preliminary look at what I would look like wearing this style. I will post, with comments, a more polished effort.

Thanks for the compliment and your time visiting my site.

LuvableLady said:
Asha,

The new pictures are beautiful as well. I know the post that you are referring where they asked if you had pictures of your hair in its “natural state”. What more do they want. Let me tell you, I started visiting that particular board after I went completely natural and I was disappointed in a lot of the conversation, had I visited that message board before my “Big Chop” I would have never done it because of all of the negativity, they truly do not seem “happy to be nappy” (their famous line). Luckily, I did not base my decision to go natural by their words, it was based on pictures like yours and other things which helped me to decide. If they are trying to make people go “natural”, they are not doing a good job at it as I would have relaxed for the rest of my life if they were the so called “role models”.

Most people on that board are nice but the few that are not, really suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

My sentiments exactly. All the drama causes one to have second thoughts about remaining a member, which is probably what they want and why give them what they want?

Take care,

Hey Asha, it's Midoria from Nappturality. You know me, don't ya? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Your hair color is similar to mine. Is yours natural too? The flat twists show of the highlights very well as well as the reddish tint.

I feel you about the parts. They are hard to do, and that's my biggest issue with flats. Don't laugh, but have you ever considered teaching your boyfriend how to do it? Some men like having an excuse to mess with their woman's hair. My BF doesn't mind when I request his help. Between me and you (and the rest of the board) I think he likes it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Asha your hair is simply gorgeous! I love your twists! You did a fantastic job!

BrightEyes said:
Hey Asha, it's Midoria from Nappturality. You know me, don't ya? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Your hair color is similar to mine. Is yours natural too? The flat twists show of the highlights very well as well as the reddish tint.

I feel you about the parts. They are hard to do, and that's my biggest issue with flats. Don't laugh, but have you ever considered teaching your boyfriend how to do it? Some men like having an excuse to mess with their woman's hair. My BF doesn't mind when I request his help. Between me and you (and the rest of the board) I think he likes it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Midoria,

I do know you. You were the first person to sign my guest book. The parts were a result of a last minute rush job, just to get a preliminary look of this style. I ended up liking so much that I just starting taking pictures. My husband had been hinting to give this style a chance and after viewing Carefree's and Got2bme's versions I had to try it for myself. The next time I try this style...tomorrow after my wash and condition, I hope to do much better; taking my ole sweet time.

You're right though, my husband loves to play in my hair. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Glad to see you over here! By the way the color you see is sort of natural. I did a color back in Aug/Sept of last year and left it in for only 5-7 minutes instead of 20-25. When my hair was relaxed my color was very similar to what you see now. I do believe that the sun has played a part of making it more vibrant.

Asha

Ok, cool.

Hey our hair is almost the exact same length (mine is very uneven right now). Race ya! What is your goal length? Mine is around bra-strap. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BrightEyes

I just saw your photo album and your hair is so beautiful. I'm not good with hair types but what type is your hair?

So many beautiful heads on this board!!!

Happy Hair Growing!

Re: Asha

Asha, your flat twists look FABULOUS!

I can't believe that you were able to do them in only 20 minutes! On my first attempt it took a little while and my parts looked really crooked. Yours look professionally done.

Keep the pics coming!

Re: Asha

Midoria, Okay you're on! On your mark, get ready, set...GROW! Stay sweet! Bra length is my goal as well.

Diviine, I am a 3C in the top middle section and 4a elsewhere.

Justice4alaw, Thank you. It took 20 minutes because it was rushed. I am sure that it will take a little longer when I take my time to do it.

You all are so sweet.

Take care,

I love the flat twist. Good job. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Absolutely beautiful. Your parts are good, not crooked. Last weekend I was tempted to try to do flat twists or cornrows instead of my usual twists. You prove that if there is a will there is a way. I just can't believe it took you only 20 minutes.

I am in love with your flat twists! /images/graemlins/love.gif /images/graemlins/love.gif
I tried doing them before but I can't quite get the hang of them...
Can you give me some pointers? Thanks!

Lita said:
I love the flat twist. Good job. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Lita!

sweetcocoa said:
I am in love with your flat twists! /images/graemlins/love.gif /images/graemlins/love.gif
I tried doing them before but I can't quite get the hang of them...
Can you give me some pointers? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sweetcocoa!

Last edited:

oh wow! I love it! I'm glad that you didn't let the people on the other site get to you because I like looking at your creative hairstyles. They're inspiring and your efforts to share are appreciated by some, if not by others.

CurlyCrly

sbg4evr said:
Absolutely beautiful. Your parts are good, not crooked. Last weekend I was tempted to try to do flat twists or cornrows instead of my usual twists. You prove that if there is a will there is a way. I just can't believe it took you only 20 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you sweetie!

This was a rush job after removing my single two strand twists. I parted and begain twisting. I did not add anything to my hair. I just wanted to get a preliminary look at what I would look like wearing this style. I believe that the next time I try this, in order to obtain a more polished look it will take a little longer to do.

Asha you did a great job with the twists thet look beautiful. I sent you a PM also.

pooh123 said:
Asha your hair is simply gorgeous! I love your twists! You did a fantastic job!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Pooh!

CurlyCrly and LondonDiva,

Thanks ladies! You girls are GREAT!

Asha - your hair is lush and gorgeous. I'm in the market for a digital camera. Would you be so kind as to share the make and manufacturer? I would like to get my pics together to share with everyone. Thanks and keep up the good work. You are so photogenic!

/images/graemlins/Rose.gif

lala said:
Asha - your hair is lush and gorgeous. I'm in the market for a digital camera. Would you be so kind as to share the make and manufacturer? I would like to get my pics together to share with everyone. Thanks and keep up the good work. You are so photogenic!

/images/graemlins/Rose.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure! I use Fuji FinePix A303.

Beautiful flat twists! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I had planned on trying that this weekend as a different way to achieve a twist out but wow, the style itself looks really good. Only problem I'll have is my ends though because they are still relaxed so they don't hold the twist as well as I'd like. Ah well. Worth a try anywho.

Back