Arrgghh, I May Have to Cut It

1QTPie

Elder Sim
:look:

I decided to clarify my hair today because for the past week, it has been really web-like in certain places. Just dry and stuck together, strange.

I clarified and all was better. Dry, but better. Then I did a light protein and it was soft and moisturized again.

I decided to do a quick rinse with the new conditioner I bought last weekend.

8oz-Chamomile.gif

Creme of nature hair Chamomile and Comfrey Healing Conditioner for Dehydrated Hair.

Within one minute my hair was relieved of all moisture and stuck together like one big lock. :nono:

I guess my weeks without shampooing saved it from doing that before. I saw signs of it like i said, but I didn't know what it was from.

When I relaxed my hair I HATED CON. It never conditioned my hair and I think it smells horrible. But it was new and I haven't tried CON in about 3 years (even though I knew that I didn't like it.)

I put on DPR-11 and was an hour and a half late for work while my hair "recovered."

In the process, I lost a HUGE handful of hair, HUGE. I know it's just broken to bits in there. :perplexed :wallbash: So much was breaking of from me touching it, I didn't even try to comb it, this was just using my fingers and conditioner covered hair. It was just snapping.

So I might be cutting it soon. At least 6 inches.

It's still not right, I still have pieces of hair falling all over the place. How annoying.

I am so sorry this happened! 6 inches is a LOT of hair to cut though, so you should wait it out. Maybe you did not get as much breakage as it seems... I just had a similar experience with Joico Moisture Recovery Con. It is so weird to me how one product can just send your hair over the edge. I hope you are able to nurture your hair back to normal without cutting!

When I first starting coming on this board my hair was like this. Every time I would clarify my hair would stick together. My hair would also tangle badly. Then I start co washing and pre-pooing. It stopped this and my hair feels soft now. I think you may need more moisture.

I'm back. I ended up being able to salvage my hair. It wasn't as bad as I thought. There are some pieces that are half the length of the rest of my hair (some from breaking, some from having to cut it.) BUT I can hide it.

I update my album with straight hair pics and so far so good. Thanks for the support ladies.

Thank goodness your hair is doing better-your OP was traumatic:nono: and I couldn't think of a single suggestion

Girl, im sitting at this computer crossing my finger hoping that you wouldn't have to cut. Whew!! I've always admired your hair.

Dang!!! 1QTPie your beautiful natural hair makes me want to scream.:love3: I love it!! I wish I could wake up tomorrow with your hair and its length on my head. :grin: Next time I decide to go natural I am gonna make it a habit to lurk your fotki album to gain hope.:yep:

Glad to hear your delimma ended.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Thanks ladies.

I rarely do protein, that's why I was like what the ***! But I never ever ever like CON. When I was relaxed and all my friends raved, my hair never agreed. But silly me tried it again and again. And this time it got me. Funny how it broke all those hairs but managed to miss the grays. :ohwell: They were still full length and SKRONG.

Hi there, I'm a newbie, use ApHogee protein treatments to stop the shedding. deep condition with ur favorite protein conditioner, add 2 eggs, 5 tbsp evoo, coconut oil, 1 tsp peperment oil, stimulates the scalp, use heating cap or hooded dryer, use hair growth serum for thinning hair, it will stimulate ur scalp as well. Probably you will need to cut it...recover...listein to what ur hair likes, not what other people think you should try....:blush:
2008 goal: SL/APL 08'
2009 goal: BSL/WL 09-10'

Last edited:
It might be the type of conditioners you're using. . . I know for a fact that my hair does not and can not tolerate conditioner with any kind of silicones in them. My hair gets dry, tangly, locks up, breaks off, falls out, and then hates me forever. I do well, I stay away, and then every so often I slip up and my hair hates me again. You can always try a natural conditioner in a few months and see if works for you.

In the mean time, baby your hair, be gentle with it and it'll grow back and fill in faster than you'd expect.

Back