Argan Oil makes hair so soft!

What are your argan to other oils ratio? 50/50? Less? More? What other oils do you mix it with?

TIA!

greenandchic, girl I put it in everything! The highest percentage mix I can think of is my face oil mix which is 25%. I have it in a hair butter that I made, and it's got every butter/oil under the sun (shea, aloe, murumuru, capuacu, mango, WGO, hemp butter, avocado, brahmi amla, bhringaraj and argan). Those are all in pretty equal amounts I think.

I have an oil mix that I use with my DCs (which has every other oil on the planet in it), I think it's around 10% of that formulation, because that mix is heavier on ceramide oils.

I have a hair oil that I use for my scalp that's primarily castor, avocado and coconut, but I added an ounce of argan to it (8oz total).

I put 2oz of oil in my hair spritz, which I make in 32oz jugs. Typically 25% of the oil is argan, and I mix that with JBCO, walnut and pracaxi in the winter.

I have it in a body oil mixed with camellia see and rice bran oil, so that's around 33%.

Yeah, it's in everything :lol:. HTH!

greenandchic, girl I put it in everything! The highest percentage mix I can think of is my face oil mix which is 25%. I have it in a hair butter that I made, and it's got every butter/oil under the sun (shea, aloe, murumuru, capuacu, mango, WGO, hemp butter, avocado, brahmi amla, bhringaraj and argan). Those are all in pretty equal amounts I think.

I have an oil mix that I use with my DCs (which has every other oil on the planet in it), I think it's around 10% of that formulation, because that mix is heavier on ceramide oils.

I have a hair oil that I use for my scalp that's primarily castor, avocado and coconut, but I added an ounce of argan to it (8oz total).

I put 2oz of oil in my hair spritz, which I make in 32oz jugs. Typically 25% of the oil is argan, and I mix that with JBCO, walnut and pracaxi in the winter.

I have it in a body oil mixed with camellia see and rice bran oil, so that's around 33%.

Yeah, it's in everything :lol:. HTH!

Cool! I never heard of pracaxi - I need to look that up. I just now realized that my hair hates shea butter (except when I blend it in rinse out conditioners and other oils to make a DC), so I am finding new options for my hair. I can't wait to order argan. I will try it solo to see how it feels then I will blend it. I may use it solo on my face since you only need a few drops anyways.

^^^It is pretty awesome on its own. My mom uses it on her hair prior to rollersetting. I have pretty dry skin, and I can use a few drops by itself on my face as well, even under makeup because it absorbs so quickly.

I love love love my coconut oil .n I will always keep using it, but for me I like the way Argan oil made my hair "act" . it moved more (swing), it had a nice slip but not oily feeling to it.. just really liked how it made me hair feel

How does I compare to coconut oil besides its more [/B]expensive any other benefits ? Tia

Am I the only one that hates the smell?

the 2 products Ive tried with Argon oil (cream of nature and shea moisture) did NOT agree with my hair and I hate the smell

hence I dunno if I even want to try the pure oil, I notice 2 posters metioned that their hair likes both argon and coconut oil... well my hair doesnt fancy coconut oil, so maybe thats why its doesnt fancy argon either

So it seems that those who of you who love coconut oil also love Argan oil.

Well, coconut oil does not agree with my hair so i'm guessing Argan oil won't either.

i love the One n' Only Argan Oil/Serum. I use it as a heat protectant before flat ironing, and add one drop a day for the week i keep my hair straight. as a natural, it has great slip (must be all the silicones-my hair lubs cones) from blowdrying, and leaves my hair so nice and silky when flatironed, not weighed down.

I recently used my Jamaican Oils pure argan for the first time and it's a keeper. My hair is nice and soft.

I use Moroccan Oil Argan Oil and I love it. I love how soft it makes my texlaxed hair feels and I certainly love the smell. OT: I can't stand smelly stuff on my head anymore. That is why I threw out my boundless tresses and sulu oils - yuck! I couldn't stand them and I no longer put sulfur on my hair - I'd rather take it orally as an MSM supplement.

So with that said, Argan oil is a wonderful oil for me. It's light and doesn't weigh my hair down - it's a keeper. I always order more BEFORE I run out of it.

So it seems that those who of you who love coconut oil also love Argan oil.

Well, coconut oil does not agree with my hair so i'm guessing Argan oil won't either.

Not necessarily Bublin, my hair loves Argan Oil but not coconut oil, except when I prepoo or DC with it. It doesn't seem to do well on my hair as a sealant for sure. It gets almost hardish on my hair - a feeling I don't like at all:nono:.

I love Argan oil! I use coconut oil after I wash/cond. with my leave in and the Argan oil I use as part of my water/leave in/oil spritz along with a dab of castor oil. The spritz I use almost nightly. Sometimes I do use Argan oil straight to run thru my hair but it's always in my spritz.

I just discovered Argan Oil and I love it it! I've been using it on my flat ironed hair (I'm natural) and this is the best my hair has felt in a long time. It actually feels moisturized.

I use the Creme of Nature brand. I think I'll explore the purer forms because I'm not too keen on the "cones" in the CON brand.

I love argan oil! I've been using it daily for some 4 years now. A little goes a very long way, so even with my super thick hair, I've only gone through 2 bottles of the One and Only brand in 4 years!

Back