Argan Oil makes hair so soft!

dinarine

Hello ladies.. Just wanted to start up a dicussion and get some feedback on Argan Oil. I tried to search for a thread on it already but there weren't non :nono: .. So I recently tried the one and only Argan Oil and I have been using it to seal with daily after i moisturize for amount a week now and no other oil has made my air so soft.. I think I found another stable :drunk:.. I originally wanted to try it because I realized how much my hair loved the new creame of natures Argan oil shampoo..no other shampoo made my air so soft. Soooo... I wanted to know if there were any other relaxed ladies using it? How have you been using it? Do you put it in your deep conditioners? Any negative side effects? Let me know your experience please :)!

-Dina

I use Proclaim Natural 7 Argan, the Proclaim argan shampoo and co washes Hair One Argan oil... In short, I love it lol.

The only other oil that does my hair this good is Coconut Oil.

ETA: I use the oil while airdrying and occasionally as a pre-flatiron treatment.

Nice! Same here with the coconut oil.. That has been my only oil for softness after I moisturize.. Until I found this Argan oil..& I'm hooked! I wanna use it with everything lol.. Plus it smells so good lol

I use Proclaim Natural 7 Argan, the Proclaim argan shampoo and co washes Hair One Argan oil... In short, I love it lol.

The only other oil that does my hair this good is Coconut Oil.

I looooooove One 'N Only Argan Oil. It's the perfect blend of oil and serum. It's pretty much all I use on my hair. My hair feels awesome with just a little bit on it. It's a silicone serum so I don't find it necessary to have repeat applications. I only use it once a week on wash day. I don't have to do any additional moisturizing until my next wash day.

Are you all relaxed or natchal?

I want to buy that creme of nature argan shampoo but i don't even use shampoo all that much and I already have three. Oh well. I will try that argan oil after I finish my grapeseed oil up. Argan oil is pretty light, right?

Thank u much for the thread info! And yes I'm in NY too & I agree with what you Said about the two other oils

Previous threads with VERY helpful info. I love& use it too, just ordered from Camdengrey!

Since I live in NY & it's cold here I use Argan oil esp. in the winter since it supposedly penetrates the hair shaft like Coconut oil (freezes) and olive oil (dries my hair too much)

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=573693&highlight=argan30

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=560395

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=481064&pagenumber=

I'm relaxed and I guess cuz I have such dry hair most shampoos make my hair feel ehh lol.. But the cream of natures Argan oil shampoo made my hair feel like it was conditioned already! So I'm sticking to it.. And yea the one and only brand aragan oil is pretty light and smells like heaven! Lol

Are you all relaxed or natchal?

I want to buy that creme of nature argan shampoo but i don't even use shampoo all that much and I already have three. Oh well. I will try that argan oil after I finish my grapeseed oil up. Argan oil is pretty light, right?

Pure Argan is Great! And you only need a few drops. And because of that, a 4 ounce bottle lasts a long time. Pure Argan far superceded my expectations.

The commercial brands can't even touch the real thing. Don't even come close.

I'll always try to have a Bottle on Hand (even if it's a small bottle).

Havnt tried the pure Argan oil yet.. I'd like to since I love the one and onlys brand of Argan oil soo much.. Where do u get pure Argan oil frm..

Pure Argan is Great! And you only need a few drops. And because of that, a 4 ounce bottle lasts a long time. Pure Argan far superceded my expectations.

The commercial brands can't even touch the real thing. Don't even come close.

I'll always try to have a Bottle on Hand (even if it's a small bottle).

Am I the only one that hates the smell?

Nope... My sister has some pure Argan and I have the Proclaim and the smell is very similar. I don't hate the smell it's just... Different. I think One n Only adds fragrance to diffuse the smell.

I KNOW IT LOVE IT!!!!! I say enough about it, i found this website naturalmollire.com, they sell 100% organic argan oil from Morocco! i think the have some kind of sale but that's where i got mine and my sister from! we use it under our eyes too like a night cream and it work wonders

yeah me too its too strong and that is not 100% Argan oil it mixed with all kind of artificial things! i like the organic oils the cost more but the work better or me and doesn't break my face out

Am I the only one that hates the smell?

the cosmetic one has a light yellow color no smell

the one that is supposed to be eaten, instead, has a darker color and really stinks because it's toasted: I tried to use it on my hair when I didn't know the difference but oh my it was the stinkiest thing ever :lol:

expensive but honestly, one drop is enough

I get pure Argan from fromnaturewithlove.com. I love it. I buy 8oz at a time and split them with my mom since it's so much cheaper than buying 2 4oz bottles. I use it in my hair, on my face, in my body oil, everything. Mom loves it for her graying hair, it helps keep the moisture in really well. I tend to mix mine with other oils, in part to help stretch out the lifespan--it ain't cheap :look:--and because it's light and my hair likes something a bit heavier most of the time. It is definitely one of my new faves though :yep:.

I am going to try this. I just started using a body moisturizer that has this so I can't imagine what it does for hair! Off to read the linked threads. Thank you for posting OP:)

I have been using the one n only argan oil brand for a year and I love it. I would like to compare it with the pure stuff. I wonder if they sell it at Whole Foods. I would like to find it local so I can smell it before buying.

I get pure Argan from fromnaturewithlove.com. I love it. I buy 8oz at a time and split them with my mom since it's so much cheaper than buying 2 4oz bottles. I use it in my hair, on my face, in my body oil, everything. Mom loves it for her graying hair, it helps keep the moisture in really well. I tend to mix mine with other oils, in part to help stretch out the lifespan--it ain't cheap :look:--and because it's light and my hair likes something a bit heavier most of the time. It is definitely one of my new faves though :yep:.

What are your argan to other oils ratio? 50/50? Less? More? What other oils do you mix it with?

TIA!

I havent relaxed my hair since June and I know know that I am not turning back. I use argan oil every day...the one from Lotion Crafters....I too notices how soft and shiny my hair looks. My waves are getting deeper and longer and my edges have even laid down. I'm going to continue ordering this oil. I'm very impressed.

I have 1oz of the pure oil because I got it from a friend that is from Morocco. I just love it and I am trying my best to hold on to what I have for a long time because we are waiting on her sister to bring her more lol. Until then JBCO is the one I use the most just so I will not use up the argan oil. But really you only need some drops because it spreads very well.

How does I compare to coconut oil besides its more expensive any other benefits ? Tia

Oh I also meant to add that the oil I have has been process the old fashion way. lol which mean that the Berbers (also known as the Amazighs) of Morocco would collect undigested Argan pits from the waste of goats which climb the trees to eat their fruit. So that is why it is taken so long for my friend to get hers.

I forgot the name of this very expensive coffee it is made the same way.

Last edited:
My hair LOVES argan oil products. My fave are the One n Only Argan oil treatment serum and the hydrating mask. Didn't care for the other prods in that line. My others argan faves are the CON poo and conditioning treatment. And my ULTIMATE is the Morrocan Oil brand Hydrating mask. It's pricey but it makes my hair feel like silk.

Your Cheeziness your hair is GORG!

ETA: I just ordered a bottle of the pure argan oil here:

https://sheaterraorganics.3dcartstores.com/Moroccan-Argan-Oil-Beauty-Oil-of-the-Berbers_p_68.html

Use Argan30 for 30 % discount (found this info in a previous argan oil thread)

Last edited:
Back